Trying to wait patiently...

We have three in relatively quick succession this year (May, August, January 2017), which helped, but will make the wait for February 2018 nearly unbearable. More than a year between cruises... but have a land vacation scheduled summer 2017 and can't really do more than 2 in a year

It's hard! I hang out on the roll call thread and hopefully make a connection with others who are also impatiently waiting. I also research ports and plan excursions. And, I shop for cruise clothes at end of season sales.

I haven't tried the roll call threads. Maybe I'll head over there and check it out! Good idea :) I also like to research the ports and watch cruise packing videos on you tube at night after the kids go to bed. Shopping is also always a good one! :) This is the first time we are taking our kids so I'm researching packing tips for them and what to bring on our plane carry on etc.

Just the site of that 129 days makes it seem so far..........

I logged in this morning to look at my reservation online and saw the countdown to my cruise is 129 days...... :(:(:eek: That seems soooo far away. I want to start packing our suitcases but I think I should maybe hold off a bit. ;) How do you all handle waiting for your cruises?

The occasional perusal of the Cruise Planner or booking of an excursion. Lots of reading of this forum.

And my cruise fix will be satisfied in 25 days when we get to board Liberty.

I do this every weekend...with ALL of the ports that are available. I never tire of it. :) I love seeing them at 5 or 6am pulling in, when it is pitch dark out too...beautiful!!

To be honest, champagne123, I like looking at them during the week while at work, too. Love looking at the Caribbean beach cams. Reminds me why going to work every day is worth it!

I logged in this morning to look at my reservation online and saw the countdown to my cruise is 129 days...... :(:(:eek: That seems soooo far away. I want to start packing our suitcases but I think I should maybe hold off a bit. ;) How do you all handle waiting for your cruises?

Part of it is logging in here, if this forum had the ability to do post analysis, a large percentage of my posts may come when I have 300 or more days to my next cruise with another rush when I get back, so coming here is a part of it! Next, I participate, sometimes heavily in my cruise roll call group. That helps a lot and frequently I get really useful information. Now off to read your replies.

Oh, yea, sometimes I start threads like this one! ;)

Book another cruise, preferably sooner than 129 days.

Ok, bob, fess up, my first reaction was, that sounds like someone who lives in Florida would say that. Are you a snowbird that spends part time in Illinois and some in Florida? Just curious, I wouldn't seriously question any of your posts.

It's hard! I hang out on the roll call thread and hopefully make a connection with others who are also impatiently waiting. I also research ports and plan excursions. And, I shop for cruise clothes at end of season sales.

You also maintain an interest and a thread on who cruise directors are! I enjoy that thread, and it is one of the things that help me pass the days. Others may not see the interest and I'm sure you have seen 1000 "Why do you care messages", but I enjoy the thread, so THANK YOU.

EGADS! Good luck! What ship and itinerary are you on?

After cruise #1 which I booked 500 days ahead for my 25th anniversary, I booked our next cruise for Freedom and it was 600 days out. That roll call turned out Epic! I ended up talking my wife into a 3 day on Majesty in the middle of that, so it cut it in half. Since then we cruise annually so that is a little better, but I happen to hear about a great deal on Jewel for 2018 so I booked that one 700 days ahead. I also booked Adventure 700 days ahead and I did post:

700 days to go! soon I will be quoting that message and saying "200 days to go"

Loving this thread, sorry for multiple replies in a row, but its my lunch and this is how I spend it! :cool:

You also maintain an interest and a thread on who cruise directors are! I enjoy that thread, and it is one of the things that help me pass the days. Others may not see the interest and I'm sure you have seen 1000 "Why do you care messages", but I enjoy the thread, so THANK YOU.

WOW - that's so nice of you to say, Bill, and it's for people like you who do care, and who are interested in the CD, who I maintain the list for! Even if 1000 don't care, there are many like us who do care!

Ok, bob, fess up, my first reaction was, that sounds like someone who lives in Florida would say that. Are you a snowbird that spends part time in Illinois and some in Florida? Just curious, I wouldn't seriously question any of your posts.

Not a snowbird Bill, but we hope to be permanent Florida residents sometime in the next few years. :)

WOW - that's so nice of you to say, Bill, and it's for people like you who do care, and who are interested in the CD, who I maintain the list for! Even if 1000 don't care, there are many like us who do care!

Everytime someone asks, "Who cares?" I usually say, have you seen the view count on this thread? There are a lot of things I don't care about and I usually stay out! :rolleyes: