Carnival assigned dining time and confirming arrival time at terminal

flyingtocruise

We booked 3 rooms in Feb for a cruise in Nov out of Charleston. We were put on a waitlist for early dining. Why will Carnival not confirm a meal time this far in advance. I booked a cruise for May 2017 and Nov 2017 and both of those early dining were confirmed. Carnival says to call 2 weeks before we depart and they will try to get us early dining!

How of Charleston they say you have to request the time you want to board. We did that for this Nov cruise but the booking in May 2017 will not allow this. I called Carnival and they said it wasn't setup yet. What gives. If they are going to do these programs should you not be able to do it at time of booking?

Edited by flyingtocruise

We booked 3 rooms in Feb for a cruise in Nov out of Charleston. We were put on a waitlist for early dining. Why will Carnival not confirm a meal time this far in advance. I booked a cruise for May 2017 and Nov 2017 and both of those early dining were confirmed. Carnival says to call 2 weeks before we depart and they will try to get us early dining!

How of Charleston they say you have to request the time you want to board. We did that for this Nov cruise but the booking in May 2017 will not allow this. I called Carnival and they said it wasn't setup yet. What gives. If they are going to do these programs should you not be able to do it at time of booking?

They are doing it on all ports.

You are not selecting a time to board but a time to check in. Even if the earliest check in time is 10am you will have to wait for embarkation to start before you board by zone numbers (after special parties, plats, and diamonds). The start of embarkation is determined by factors that cannot always be pre-determined. I have seen it start as early as 11 (once) and as late as 1:15 before the first were allowed on.

Early dining is the most preferred time. Carnival guarantee's Diamonds our preferred time, and gives priority preference to Platinums and FTTF. They start waitlisting others until closer to the cruise date to ensure they have enough seats for those with priority status.

Staggered check in is being rolled out across the fleet but with each new port, the website has to be changed and they can't do that all at once. Their IT department doesn't have the best reputation.

I was told they are not doing it in all ports yet. On my booking out of Galveston for October 2017, there is no place to select check-in time.

They definitely have staggered check in at the Port of Galveston. I

I have a check in time for my cruise on Monday. I was able to select a Check in time for my April 2017 cruise out of Galveston, but not my October 2017 cruise. Just keep checking back. It will eventually show up as they have been doing staggered check in at the Port of Galveston for a while now.

Edited by DebJ14

Thanks! I will keep checking. Where exactly does it show up under your booking, to select check in time? So I can watch for it better.

To get to the check in times for your cruise, select Edit Online Check-In. select My Check-In Time on the left hand side under Current Guests. There will be a drop down list of check in times. Choose the one you want and select Continue.

To get to the check in times for your cruise, select Edit Online Check-In. select My Check-In Time on the left hand side under Current Guests. There will be a drop down list of check in times. Choose the one you want and select Continue.

And, you can select the check in time without completing the rest of the online check in.

We booked our November cruise from Charleston in December, and we got early dining right away. What date are you sailing?

It's not showing on mine. Maybe it's still too early, It's not til October 2017. I will keep checking back and hopefully it will show up soon.

Thanks!

I have two cruises booked, same port, New Orleans on the Dream, one march 2017 and the other November 2017. Check in time is chosen for the first and not yet available for the 2nd. So they appear to be only presenting check in time a certain amount of days from sailing. My first cruise, I was able to choose check in time at 280 days out.

It's not showing on mine. Maybe it's still too early, It's not til October 2017. I will keep checking back and hopefully it will show up soon.

Thanks!

Not all ports have staggered check in yet.

I was told they are not doing it in all ports yet. On my booking out of Galveston for October 2017, there is no place to select check-in time.

Best really look at that because Galveston was the first port with the staggered check-in. My October cruise was on there when I booked which was October of last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Cruzin2paradise09

We are a party of 15 cruising together. We all have anytime dining...if we arrive all at same time we can all sit together...correct??

Probably not, there is not a table large enough for that many people. You will be near each other and depending on what time you all get there you may have to wait a while for tables to open up.