accessible sky suite

PSU

I was assigned an accessible sky suite as part of a suite guarantee. Does an accessible sky suite also have access to Luminae and Michael's Club. I usually book regular sky suites and Celebrity Suites.

Can anyone reassure me that the accessible sky suite has the same benefits as sky suite.

Thanks so much for your help.

I was assigned an accessible sky suite as part of a suite guarantee. Does an accessible sky suite also have access to Luminae and Michael's Club. I usually book regular sky suites and Celebrity Suites.

Can anyone reassure me that the accessible sky suite has the same benefits as sky suite.

Thanks so much for your help.

There is no discrimination in the Suite categories (SS2 right through to the Penthouse) for general Suite amenities (Michael's, Luminae, in suite capps/lattes, butler, enhanced room service menu, etc.).

Enjoy!

Thanks so much.

Another question, how is the accessible sky suite (aside from the bathroom)?

Full description of the suites are on the Celebrity web site, but ... general notes are:

The accessible sky suite is described as a larger room (351 sq ft) as compared to the standard Sky Suite (251 sq ft) to accommodate scooters, wheelchairs, etc. It has a bathroom with a large shower, but no bathtub.

Edited by hvbaskey

When we were in a corner aft S1 sky suite we kept running into our next door neighbors in the S2 with the accessible sky suite. We went in and it was basically the same thing but no steps up and down in the bathroom and no tub. There is generally a need to put a rolled up towel on the floor to keep the water from getting all over the bathroom, apparently.

There seemed to be more "rolling" room. The occupants said they booked it because she had a broken leg and being in the chair was easier at this point in her recovery, and it was a very last-minute availability.

This was an S class ship and the S1 we had is 300 square feet. Not sure what the S2 accessible cabin next door was/is. Seemed roomier, although we always feel like the S1 is roomy too.

Enjoy!!

We were in an accessible sky suite on the Reflection. Cabin is about 45 sq ft bigger than a normal Sky Suite. We hosted a cocktail party for 11 with no problem. The balcony is also larger than the normal S2 balcony.

The only times we needed to put a rolled up towel be the shower to keep water from getting all over was on the 2 days the ocean was rough.

We were assigned ours by the Upgrade Fairy and loved the extra space and the automatic door.

A lot depends on where your accessible sky suite is located. If it's suites 2130-2136, I can tell you that getting a good night's sleep will be extremely difficult. I was booked in 2136 and friends of mine were booked in 2130 on Equinox, and the noise from the deck above was absolutely awful. All night long all you hear is the crashing of those huge dish and pan washing units going back and forth in the galley kitchen along some kind of track. The noise started at around 1am and continued until 7am. Not even ear plugs helped. The Guest Services director fully admitted that putting those cabins in that area was a huge mistake as they get complaints every single cruise about the noise and the inability to sleep. So, be forewarned.

A lot depends on where your accessible sky suite is located. If it's suites 2130-2136, I can tell you that getting a good night's sleep will be extremely difficult. I was booked in 2136 and friends of mine were booked in 2130 on Equinox, and the noise from the deck above was absolutely awful. All night long all you hear is the crashing of those huge dish and pan washing units going back and forth in the galley kitchen along some kind of track. The noise started at around 1am and continued until 7am. Not even ear plugs helped. The Guest Services director fully admitted that putting those cabins in that area was a huge mistake as they get complaints every single cruise about the noise and the inability to sleep. So, be forewarned.

Sorry, having been on five cruises in 2130 on the Eclipse with my wife, I could not disagree more. Great suite, perfect for my wife who has multiple disabilities. The noise form above where the Oceanview Cafe is situated is minimal, just setting up noise at about 6.00 am but very quiet and does not last long.

We were assigned 9123 on the Summit. It looks like there is an empty space on the deck above us.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin?

We were assigned this cabin temporarily until a SS1 became available and we moved.

At the time of assignment, I googled this Cabin because of the location (M-Class). There is a ping pong table area above the cabin and a storage area for the OV Café. Some reviews said it was quiet, except for some movement around 6 am and others reported that it was noisy from the ping pong table.

Mixed Reviews (from Quiet to Noisy)

Also - since on Deck 9 - there is an overhang. Again mixed reviews. Some loved the shade that the overhang provided, others wanted more sun, others felt the overhang supports were an obstruction to photo taking.

That was the jist of my research and then I was relocated and I never followed up with further investigation.

Thanks so much.

We were assigned this cabin temporarily until a SS1 became available and we moved.

At the time of assignment, I googled this Cabin because of the location (M-Class). There is a ping pong table area above the cabin and a storage area for the OV Café. Some reviews said it was quiet, except for some movement around 6 am and others reported that it was noisy from the ping pong table.

Mixed Reviews (from Quiet to Noisy)

Also - since on Deck 9 - there is an overhang. Again mixed reviews. Some loved the shade that the overhang provided, others wanted more sun, others felt the overhang supports were an obstruction to photo taking.

That was the jist of my research and then I was relocated and I never followed up with further investigation.

• 4 months later...
Sorry, having been on five cruises in 2130 on the Eclipse with my wife, I could not disagree more. Great suite, perfect for my wife who has multiple disabilities. The noise form above where the Oceanview Cafe is situated is minimal, just setting up noise at about 6.00 am but very quiet and does not last long.

Hi BFG.

Very glad you were happy with 2130. We are booked on Eclipse for Norway out of Dublin (May 20 2018) and will be in 2130. Do you have any pictures? We just returned from the Eastern Caribbean on the Reflection in 2196. I assume it is rather similar but curious to get a lay of the land. The noise in 2196 was a bit of a bother for me but not so for my wife or our daughter (cannons wouldn't bother our daughter). I moved us to 2130 to be a bit closer to the elevator.

P

There is no discrimination in the Suite categories (SS2 right through to the Penthouse) for general Suite amenities (Michael's, Luminae, in suite capps/lattes, butler, enhanced room service menu, etc.).

Enjoy!

Can you also get a caramel macchiato instead. I am going to try it this time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance