Cruise Documents

CYNSport

Received the "cruise documents ready" email today. The link took me to the on-line check in page. I had previously checked-in and printed out my Xpress Pass. The only new thing I saw there was the order luggage tags tab, but I did not see a tab or link for the "cruise documents". Am I missing them right in front of me? :o I know I don't really need them, just wondering if I'm too dense to find them. :D. Still, very happy to order luggage tags and looking forward to this cruise as those of you who post on the AZ board are by far the friendliest and most helpful group I've encountered on the CC boards.

My 'Your Cruise Documents are Ready' email had the documents attached as a PDF. Maybe someone forgot to attach them to your email. There were also two links at the bottom that didn't work for me. I just opened the attachment. Perhaps you need to get back to them to ask for the attachment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My 'Your Cruise Documents are Ready' email had the documents attached as a PDF. Maybe someone forgot to attach them to your email. There were also two links at the bottom that didn't work for me. I just opened the attachment. Perhaps you need to get back to them to ask for the attachment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you. No pdf file was attached. I will check into it.

Cheers.

Cynthia

Thank you. No pdf file was attached. I will check into it.

Cheers.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

I also got the email- 46 days for me!!!! My link takes me to a log on page, but when I go to "My Azamara log in" and select the Nov 3 cruise and then online check in, the cruise documents are there (ticket contract/step 2). I don't think there is a pdf attached, my link just takes me to online checkin.

Really no need to print out the ticket contract, but I do print out the express pass (step 4).

This routine email is a legal formality just to make sure you can not say later that you were NEVER TOLD such and such. It is all there in the fine print, they just want to make sure you know. They can do whatever they want and the passengers have a few rights:D. I have already completed my on-line check in a while ago, and this email is annoying because I used to think something was wrong. The email is broadcast to everyone regardless if they have completed online check in or not.

More important the baggage tags are available (sorry only for North America). I ordered mine yesterday. As many other have said they are not necessary. Embarkation on Azamara is a breeze.

see ya soon,

Lisa

Edited by Leo_On_Geo

We cruised last month on Quest with the identical issues. Finally got Bonnie to post Azamara's process and while it looked acceptable, our experience was worse than the OP's. We never received an e-mail from Azamara although based on our roll call we did find the order link for the luggage tags. Did contact our TA who quickly received an e-mail from Azamara with the document as an attachment. Problem was it had an annoying comment that the document had been e-mailed to us. No way was it e-mailed to us as I checked all of our SPAM filters and nothing to be found. Yes, Azamara's on board experience is great and we did book another cruise while on board however, their home office experience much like most cruise lines is abysmal!!! They posted a process that would work fine however, in our case the process was definitely not followed and based on the comments in this thread, it remains not being followed. Bonnie, get your cohorts in the Miami office on the ball and FOLLOW YOUR PROCESS!!!!!! Absolutely no reason this simple process cannot be followed. Perhaps put some of the wonderful crew in the home office for a short time and sure they will be able to straighten out the home office people who are evidently unable or unwilling to follow a simple process and not insult customers by telling them that an e-mail had been sent when that was the furthest from the truth!!!!!!

Hi Cynthia,

I also got the email- 46 days for me!!!! My link takes me to a log on page, but when I go to "My Azamara log in" and select the Nov 3 cruise and then online check in, the cruise documents are there (ticket contract/step 2). I don't think there is a pdf attached, my link just takes me to online checkin.

Really no need to print out the ticket contract, but I do print out the express pass (step 4).

This routine email is a legal formality just to make sure you can not say later that you were NEVER TOLD such and such. It is all there in the fine print, they just want to make sure you know. They can do whatever they want and the passengers have a few rights:D. I have already completed my on-line check in a while ago, and this email is annoying because I used to think something was wrong. The email is broadcast to everyone regardless if they have completed online check in or not.

More important the baggage tags are available (sorry only for North America). I ordered mine yesterday. As many other have said they are not necessary. Embarkation on Azamara is a breeze.

see ya soon,

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I guess I was expecting Cruise documents like on Celebrity which detail departure time, anything pre-purchased, etc. I only saw the same cruise contract info as when I completed the online check in before. Am I missing anything?

Cynthia

Thanks Lisa. I guess I was expecting Cruise documents like on Celebrity which detail departure time, anything pre-purchased, etc. I only saw the same cruise contract info as when I completed the online check in before. Am I missing anything?

Cynthia

I guess that would be under the "cruise calendar" tab. There is the option there to print or email those reserved events and port times.

It is very handy to save the first day on-board daily pursuits program which details port times, white night, azamazing evenings.

I guess that would be under the "cruise calendar" tab. There is the option there to print or email those reserved events and port times.

It is very handy to save the first day on-board daily pursuits program which details port times, white night, azamazing evenings.

Ok. Did that, so guess I'm good to go! Thanks and looking forward to meeting you!

Cynthia

I got all the cruise documents, printed them out, gathered them up, and I still don't know what I did with them; they didn't make it into my carryon, or they are still well hidden. I did have the luggage tags that I printed out, plus Azamara did send me the sticky-sided ones. But I had no need whatsoever for anything else, they took care of it efficiently and cheerfully. I was so jet-lagged that I still don't really remember how I got to my cabin, but I didn't need that bunch of sheets of paper.

Just saying, so nobody will think they won't get on the ship.

We cruised last month on Quest with the identical issues. Finally got Bonnie to post Azamara's process and while it looked acceptable, our experience was worse than the OP's. We never received an e-mail from Azamara although based on our roll call we did find the order link for the luggage tags. Did contact our TA who quickly received an e-mail from Azamara with the document as an attachment. Problem was it had an annoying comment that the document had been e-mailed to us. No way was it e-mailed to us as I checked all of our SPAM filters and nothing to be found. Yes, Azamara's on board experience is great and we did book another cruise while on board however, their home office experience much like most cruise lines is abysmal!!! They posted a process that would work fine however, in our case the process was definitely not followed and based on the comments in this thread, it remains not being followed. Bonnie, get your cohorts in the Miami office on the ball and FOLLOW YOUR PROCESS!!!!!! Absolutely no reason this simple process cannot be followed. Perhaps put some of the wonderful crew in the home office for a short time and sure they will be able to straighten out the home office people who are evidently unable or unwilling to follow a simple process and not insult customers by telling them that an e-mail had been sent when that was the furthest from the truth!!!!!!

Hello RallyDave,

I hear your frustration. But I believe the answer to your specific case is in your post" "Did contact our TA who quickly received an e-mail from Azamara with the document as an attachment."

Our system only recognizes one email address for all correspondence, and I'd interpret this as your agent's email address is the contact address in our system. It is s/he who would have received the alerts and the documents. Now, I don't know this first-hand because I don't have access to the inner workings of the reservation system, but in many many cases the TA uses their own email address as the point of contact, to allow them to serve you better.

From the outline of the process I posted awhile back:

3. Who Receives the Email: the email notifying availability of E-Docs will be sent to the email address noted on the reservation, which can be either the Guest or the Travel Agent. Note: the email for Group guests always goes to the travel agency of record. The agent then manually forwards the notification to the individual guests.

Bonnie, Wish it were that simple. Believe in the process you provided, it said the e-mail told us to go to the same page where the link was for the luggage tags and the link was there for the documents. If not, that is the way it should be. There was no link on the Azamara page for the documents. in addition, the e-mail on file for us was our and our TA did not get anything until we asked and the letter which is where the document was as an attachment clearly said that the e-mail had been sent to us. Others on our cruise had the same issues as did the previous posters on this thread. This is why it is my belief that the problem is clearly with Azamara IT and not the single e-mail address although a system that can only have either the customer or TA e-mail address is a clear failure. We're still taking the Azamara cruise we booked on board but, Azamara as well as most other cruise lines need to up their game in the home office as there are or soon will be too many ships and too many areas where people won't cruise so the home office processes, procedures, IT, and people will make a difference between success and failure.

[quote name='BBMacLaird;51077275

From the outline of the process I posted awhile back:

3. Who Receives the Email: the email notifying availability of E-Docs will be sent to the email address noted on the reservation' date=' which can be either the Guest or the Travel Agent. [/quote']

This process didn't work us either.

We didn't receive an e-mail, nor did we receive the e-documents on My Azamara.

They were on the My Azamara page last cruise together with the express pass, so we knew where to look. This year the e-docs never appeared, not even after multiple online check-ins ;-)

We printed out the land discoveries booklet before booking, so we had all the info we needed on paper.

But it is yet another example of how big of a contrast there is between service onboard and service pre/after sales.