CHEERS... $50 per serving? Seriously??

DrHfuhruhurr

This is also what I needed to hear. :) I will definitely make my way down to the Steakhouse bar, then. Thanks!

you wont get most of what he was talking about since they are bottles and not glasses.

The Steakhouse on Magic had a few different bottles of Hennessy. Some over 50 and a few under 50. They also had some single malt scotch around the 50 dollar mark (The Macallan and a few glens) and a few other cognacs that I didnt know. And some decent reds by the glass around 20-25 dollars.

you can get the ones mentioned by the glass only

• 2 weeks later...
On my last cruise, I'd get the Long Island Iced Tea's and up the spirits:

Grey Goose VX - $15.00

Patron Reposado - $10.95

Appleton Estates VX - $5.75

So that one was a minimum of $30. I only asked 1 bartender to make it this way, and I tipped him $2-3 each time. YMMV.

Would they ding your account 1 out of 15 or 3 out of 15 for such a concoction?

Good catch. Yes, I meant $50 each, per day. Still, that's only $100, and it seems like a steal if the per drink limit is $50.

I guess what I'm asking is, what are the top end options for various drinks on a Carnival cruise? You say there are no wines at $50/glass, but what's the top end for wine? Or whisky? As I said, I'm assuming unavailability of pricier options must be the catch. Otherwise, Carnival would lose money on this deal.

How much is Boone's Farm where you live?

We did an unlimited bar package on NCL last year. Although we liked it (mostly because we didn't pay for it!), they ran out of Kahlua two days before we got back to our home port! Ugh.

For the Cheers program, do they charge you the full price for the first day?

Are you able to still get the free drinks on the last day while you are waiting to disembark?

I didn't read all of the responses. However, what we pay 50.00 for, they do not pay 50.00 for. If we want a bottle of rum sent to our room(I know it is not included in cheers) it would cost 70-80 and at home we would spend 20 They will still make money.

I am sure virtually all adults understand that. The question was over the selection offered in that price range.

For the Cheers program, do they charge you the full price for the first day?

Yep - unless you purchase it on the 2nd day of sailing, OR you are sailing from a port that doesn't allow liquor packages when you are still in their state's waters (such as Galveston).

Are you able to still get the free drinks on the last day while you are waiting to disembark?

No.

I'm hoping someone will be able to explain this: on the Magic recently I ordered the Cruiser when I first boarded and asked for Grey Goose vodka (ingredients below) and was told by the bartender that I couldn't get top shelf on the Cruiser because it is a set recipe or pre-mixed??? I was also told that you couldn't get top shelf when ordering a frozen drink (Twilight Zone).

It totally didn't make sense to me - anyone else??

Ingredients in Cruiser: Vodka, coconut rum, peach schnapps, pineapple juice, cranberry juice, orange juice.

I'm not sure why this $50 per serving is so baffling to the OP. I once had a snifter of Louis XIII for $175.

The idea of expensive booze isn't baffling. I was just curious if Carnival offered any drinks that were $50/serving (because, if so, $50 per day for CHEERS seemed like a steal). Context is everything.

The idea of expensive booze isn't baffling. I was just curious if Carnival offered any drinks that were $50/serving (because, if so, $50 per day for CHEERS seemed like a steal). Context is everything.

I've -heard- that the Steakhouse offers a few brandies or cognacs that are in the $35 - $45 range. Have not confirmed, though.

Maybe one of you can answer my question??

We purchased the cheers package and a 12 pack of bottled water. I am trying to figure out where I can see this on the carnival website but in my cruise details I can't seem to find it anywhere. We did get emails confirming out purchase but I assumed you would be able to see it in your cruise manager.

Thanks!

Maybe one of you can answer my question??

We purchased the cheers package and a 12 pack of bottled water. I am trying to figure out where I can see this on the carnival website but in my cruise details I can't seem to find it anywhere. We did get emails confirming out purchase but I assumed you would be able to see it in your cruise manager.

Thanks!

Those are Fun Shop purchases, so they show up differently. Keep your receipt or email and bring it with you, just in case.