Has anyone ever had this happen?

theriac

I just logged into the website to access my reservation. I noticed our Captains Club numbers weren't linked to our reservation so I added them. I am paid in full, have printed the Xpress pass, ordered luggage tags yesterday, and was all set to go.

So as soon as I add the first CC # it brings me to a page that says I now owe $218, I didn't order insurance, and at the bottom it says my balance is -$218, but I was charged $1000 more than I originally paid. It is also showing that my check in wasn't done, and that I can't get luggage tags until paid in full.

I'm on hold right now with Celebrity waiting to talk to a representative, but a curious if any of you have ever experienced anything like this with the website.

Thanks!

I just logged into the website to access my reservation. I noticed our Captains Club numbers weren't linked to our reservation so I added them. I am paid in full, have printed the Xpress pass, ordered luggage tags yesterday, and was all set to go.

So as soon as I add the first CC # it brings me to a page that says I now owe $218, I didn't order insurance, and at the bottom it says my balance is -$218, but I was charged $1000 more than I originally paid. It is also showing that my check in wasn't done, and that I can't get luggage tags until paid in full.

I'm on hold right now with Celebrity waiting to talk to a representative, but a curious if any of you have ever experienced anything like this with the website.

Thanks!

by

No, but let us know what happened.

Sounds like they were sent some IT workers from Royal Caribbean. :(

Let us know what happens.:)

Sounds about right, a few years ago I was ready to book a cruise on RCI, but I got so annoyed with their website I gave up and booked two cruises on Carnival instead.

Hydrokitty I will update if I ever get on the phone with them. It initially said a 13 minute hold time. I've been on hold for 40 minutes waiting to talk to someone

There was a malfunction in the system causing them to cancel the cruise care which gave my booking a positive and negative balance somehow. A nice lady got it all straightened out and told me not to worry, and that the extra $1000 it was showing charged were the promotion offered, but they weren't there yesterday.

I'm jut going to hope for the best at this point and keep checking banking statements to make sure I wasn't charged any more.

This is one of the reasons we book with X and transfer the booking to a TA or book directly with a TA. If & when these computer glitches occur we never see them or have to deal with them.

That's exactly what we did when we booked our B2B for next year. We put in for a 24 hour hold, then the next day our TA took over.

Good luck theriac, and have a great cruise!:)

I will update if I ever get on the phone with them. It initially said a 13 minute hold time. I've been on hold for 40 minutes waiting to talk to someone

Just be thankful that Celebrity are not charging you 7p (9 cents) a minutes for being on hold as Celebrity expects us to pay in the UK. Believe me, that makes you much angrier what ever your issue.

PS I wish you the best of luck with your issue but I will never make an online payment after my first attempt about 9 years ago.

As an aside, we have never had your issue but we have had a credit shown after full, final payment but, in that situation, Celebrity do not refund the credit.

Edited by Project_gal

Just be thankful that Celebrity are not charging you 7p (9 cents) a minutes for being on hold as Celebrity expects us to pay in the UK. Believe me, that makes you much angrier what ever your issue.

Hi there, two numbers for Celebrity UK:

Freephone: 0800 0182525

or

01932 834300 (Normal number with Southampton Code)

If you ever need a number that's not a premium rate check out the website "saynoto0870" you can usually always find a cheaper way to call. :)

This is one of the reasons we book with X and transfer the booking to a TA or book directly with a TA. If & when these computer glitches occur we never see them or have to deal with them.

This and many other reasons is precisely why I will never use a travel agent. Much easier to handle things directly without having to go through a third person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

or

If you ever need a number that's not a premium rate check out the website "saynoto0870" you can usually always find a cheaper way to call. :)

Thank you so much. I am aware of the other numbers but I still believe that it is wrong for Celebrity in the UK to only post the premium rate numbers on their website and expect customers to pay them to call them and profit from the calls.

When you consider how long you have to listen to recorded messages before you get through to a representative even when they are not busy and you have to hold, I believe that it is an immoral way to squeeze additional profit out of customers.

Edited by Project_gal

Having a similar issue...

Just been on the UK website to pay the balance for our November cruise.

Selected the option to pay balance in full, put in credit cards details and submitted.

Got a notification to say that an email would be sent, received email - So far so good.

BUT

Email and website is now saying that we still have an outstanding balance of £26.36 AND the overall price has increased - huh??? :confused:

Checking the detailed invoice and payments the increase is down to the Onboard Service Charge / Prepaid gratuities. This increase was NOT showing when I made the payment and I haven't received any notification of the increase.

I know it's not a huge amount over the total price of the cruise, but I'm still hacked off! :mad:

This and many other reasons is precisely why I will never use a travel agent. Much easier to handle things directly without having to go through a third person.

A year ago or so ago I would have agreed with you, but once I'd had experience of the Guatemala call centre and then any contact with Azamara had to be done through a premium phone line I found myself a TA. He is a good one and does all the leg work (and takes the stress of speaking to the call centre). I use him for Celebrity and Azamara. There is no right or wrong answer to this. You do what is best for you given the circumstances. However I'd never book direct again.

Edited by excitedofharpenden

or

Wow that's great advice. It cost me £18 to call celebrity a couple of months ago. I only have a mobile (no landline) and didn't realise until my bill came in how much it cost. Both the numbers you posted would have been free for me to call with my inclusive minutes.

We always book with a travel agent, but I've never had an issue calling celebrity with changes or questions. They've always been very helpful. We've never had less than excellent customer service from them, even when booking with a TA.

And this is precisely why I use a travel agent. She gets paid to deal with those morons at Celebrity. I don't. I would NEVER hold for anyone for 40 minutes.

Wow that's great advice. It cost me £18 to call celebrity a couple of months ago. I only have a mobile (no landline) and didn't realise until my bill came in how much it cost. Both the numbers you posted would have been free for me to call with my inclusive minutes.

Do you mind me asking why you called Celebrity?

If it was because of an issue they/their computer system caused, I really do not think they should charge you (I do not think that they should charge you to sell you something either) and I think that you ought to complain - perhaps on something public like Twitter.

I do not like the way that public complaints seem to be the only way to gain redress these days but, in this case, it may just shame Celebrity into stopping this practice which those in the USA would never tolerate.

At the very least, they may be shamed into compensating you for the cost of the call.

I wonder if their computer system is messed up because I was on their website earlier today and everything was fine. I just logged in again and my reservation is completely gone! I tried to manually enter it and it wouldn't let me.

Good luck!

I wonder if their computer system is messed up because I was on their website earlier today and everything was fine. I just logged in again and my reservation is completely gone! I tried to manually enter it and it wouldn't let me.

Shhhh! Don't give them any ideas, or they may just decide to blame you for all their website problems. ;)

The disappearing reservations are a recurring problem - definitely not your fault.

See my explanation in the other thread The infamous Celebrity website in post #8. :D

Yes we went to pay our balance in june and the price had gone up by £1200. Of course we queried and they put it right but in doing so they removed our promotional code so our obc disappeared. Another long call to get sorted to get on ship to find it had disappeared again. Pays to take paperwork with you as this was needed to rectify onboard

Sent from my iPad using Forums