What is the void across from my balcony cabin?

We are sailing on Allure in November. We just switched from a central park view to an ocean view balcony guar. Sept. 9th and got our cabin number yesterday-very quickly! To me it looks like a great location and deck but I'm curious if someone can tell me what the blank space opposite our cabin is. We are on Deck 10, Cabin 10218. The only thing I can think it might be is some kind of crew work area? It show up on Decks 9,10,11,12. My husband thinks it has something to do with a bridge across the ship which appears to be on Deck 14. I just want to know if this is going to be an area that would be noisy with crew going in and out. If anyone has had a cabin on this ship or Oasis in the same area I would appreciate knowing how it was. It is between the two humps. Thank you in advance.

Crew stairwells and elevators are generally in the same areas as the pax stairs and elevators. Because of the open Central Park area, the typical large A/C fan rooms that run down the center of the ship between inside cabins cannot be there, so I believe these are a combination of steward pantry and A/C fan/duct space.

Crew stairwells and elevators are generally in the same areas as the pax stairs and elevators. Because of the open Central Park area, the typical large A/C fan rooms that run down the center of the ship between inside cabins cannot be there, so I believe these are a combination of steward pantry and A/C fan/duct space.

That may be part of that space however there is also a crew stairwell in that space. It was identified as such on the emergency evacuation diagram on the stateroom doors and was listed as an alternate evacuation route.

We loved having that area across from our room and didn't have guest rooms there...it was a station for our steward. He was often in that area and was always friendly, and got anything we needed at a moments notice. Our next cruise there were guest rooms with noisy rude guests.....