Next cruise booking and price drop

kearney

My final payment was actually due today, the 17th. I chose to pay it off earlier in the week as I didn't want to miss the date. Maybe that's why they gave me the credit? I have had similar luck on NCL with getting an OBC when the price has dropped after the final payment due date. In any event, I'm going to keep checking for price drops and will call them if one appears. It never hurts to ask.

Yes, that is what people are trying to explain to you.

You cannot get a price drop (via cash or an obc) after final payment DATE. It doesn't depend on when YOU choose to pay but on Royal Caribbean's actual final payment date. (90 days before cruises of 5 nights or longer; 75 days for shorter cruises)

90 days before cruises of 5 nights or longer; 75 days for shorter cruises

Those seem to be fungible - I booked Serenade (11 nights) for December just two weeks ago and I kept insisting to both TA and RCI that there must be something wrong with their final payment date 75 days out - no, they both said and the invoice confirms, still 75 days out, not 90.

Those seem to be fungible - I booked Serenade (11 nights) for December just two weeks ago and I kept insisting to both TA and RCI that there must be something wrong with their final payment date 75 days out - no, they both said and the invoice confirms, still 75 days out, not 90.

Their system is messed up- I know surprise, surprise. I was looking at the Oasis for 12/18 5 nights final payment is due tomorrow 9/19 or 90 days

Then I looked at the Indy for 12/17 also 5 nights and final payment for that one is 10/3 or 75 days:confused:

My final payment was actually due today, the 17th. I chose to pay it off earlier in the week as I didn't want to miss the date. Maybe that's why they gave me the credit? I have had similar luck on NCL with getting an OBC when the price has dropped after the final payment due date. In any event, I'm going to keep checking for price drops and will call them if one appears. It never hurts to ask.

Since it was before final payment DATE you could have gotten a credit back to your credit card instead of the OBC.