Bring your own equipment for Rock Wall?

OSUZorba

I was wondering if anyone had ever brought their own climbing equipment for the rock wall?

It is a funny question but nothing dumb about it. Isn't the point of Cruise Critic to ask questions so that we have a better cruise (especially for 1st Timers like myself because I know I have asked my share of 'dumb' questions).

It is a funny question but nothing dumb about it. Isn't the point of Cruise Critic to ask questions so that we have a better cruise (especially for 1st Timers like myself because I know I have asked my share of 'dumb' questions).

But OP is becoming arguementive, and seems to want to have it his way.

OP why don't you call Royal and ask them your question instead of arguing with posters here and on another thread.

And then call Royal back 3 more times to ask the same question as they don't know and will give you three different answers.

Royal Caribbean International poster.............where are you now?

Ya'll have a great day!:)

Cough.

It was still ranked as one of the more stupidest questions ever asked. If you were on the same cruise as us, we'd laugh seeing you lug extra climbing items onboard. And, if you were climbing for three hours straight, you'd be holding others up wanting to try it.

What do you do, ring the bell dozens of times while those waiting below for their turn, roll their eyes at you?

Your next dumb question is expected "can we bring skis to ski behind the ship."

Talk about rude posts. :rolleyes: I tried climbing one time while on Oasis and even I could tell you climbing shoes, harness, and chalk bag wouldn't take up much room in luggage. Do you criticize people for bringing their own snorkels, fins, and masks?

You also might want to try some reading comprehension. PP didn't say they climbed 3 hours straight, just that they climbed for three hours on their last cruise. I'll further surmise they weren't even on the wall for three hours, but climb, wait in line, climb, wait in line, climb. That's exactly what my DD did.

OP, I would be surprised if Royal let you use your harness or helmet, but I don't know why you wouldn't be able to use their shoes. I'm not sure if the chalk bag would be very helpful unless it helped cool off the hand holds.

Give the dude a break, if you don't like his topic move on.

Taking the time to comment and laugh at him, when he didn't do anything to you is rude. And if you know nothing about climbing but just want to join in to insult him that's rude too.

To answer his question I would bring your shoes, and your chalk bag....See how easy that is....you just answer the question....

In all honesty if you think about it, probably 60-70% of the questions that are asked on this website could be answered by one phone call (might not be a quick phone call). But what would the fun be in that, and besides Cruise Critic would be too boring then :D

Only one phone call to the IT dept? Now that's funny!!:D

Really I care most about the shoes and chalk bag. On my last two cruises I would ask for a size 43 and they'd give me a size 47 or 49, I'd protest and they would say "Our shoes run small go try them." I'd walk off, come back and say "Yeah, these are way too big, could I get a 43?" and then they would finally give me the 43 after rolling their eyes. I had to do this every time, about 6 times total throughout the cruise...

Why wouldn't you just ask them for size 39 or whatever so they'd automatically size up to your 43?

Am I being too sneaky?