Are they still doing the top 10 silly questions asked onboard cruise ship[e

mcatmcat

Did you read the first post, it is about dumb questions being asked and the top ten list that CD's read. :cool:

Did you read the subsequent posts, where people started making fun of other's genuine questions, rather than a made up, exaggerated list?

We were at an Officer's reception one night on a cruise some years ago, and each officer explained to the audience what their responsibilities were and how they managed their staff (usual stuff). Afterward, the CD fielded passenger questions, and someone asked the Chef the following (almost verbatim):

"If the cooks put the vegetable on the plate at 12:00, and the starch at 3:00, how do you keep them hot until you put the entrée on the plate at 6:00?"

She didn't understand that the Chef meant plating each component on the plate in a specific location.....not the actual time of day.

It took everyone about 20 seconds of silence before laughter ensued. I did feel a bit embarrassed for the lady, but it WAS hilarious.

I found this thread entertaining. Being a blonde myself, I have asked more than one of these questions.. One I still get ridiculed for was telling my husband we should take the Tuesday elevator... First cruise on royal a 15 night TA I actually thought they named the elevators!!! [emoji16][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many years ago we lived near a friend who was a travel agent. We invited then over one night and the topic of conversation was just this. She had a customer who would not fly and INSISTED my friend book her a train to Bermuda. My friend (hiding behind laughter) told her client that she could book her a cruise, but not a train. The client insisted that she go by train. My friend had to give her a 3rd grade geography lesson. :eek::eek: