Bringing water and soda on board

rtlk

You can do it, but for water it is very convenient to order the 12 pack for $6.90 including tip. Then it shows up right in your room. Do note that this is not available on board so it must be preordered.

What size bottles are these? Can this be charged to one's shipboard account? I think the water they offer in the cabin and when you're going off into port is quite expensive. I don't think we'll need 12 bottles but for a 10-day cruise, we will be bringing on two 2 large bottles of water from Trader Joe's - 49 cents each - now that's a bargain (no flying of course)! I don't remember the size but I do think they're maybe 1 liter each.

Edited by cruiselover57

What size bottles are these? Can this be charged to one's shipboard account? I think the water they offer in the cabin and when you're going off into port is quite expensive. I don't think we'll need 12 bottles but for a 10-day cruise, we will be bringing on two 2 large bottles of water from Trader Joe's - 49 cents each - now that's a bargain (no flying of course)! I don't remember the size but I do think they're maybe 1 liter each.

They are standard 500ml bottles. Easy to carry, I can fit them in a pocket. You must order them pre cruise so they are going to be pre paid. Even in most ports the bottles are usually the local equivalent of a dollar so this is just convenient. My steward was nice and on the last cruise he had put 3 or 4 in the fridge before we boarded. Can I beat the price? Sure by a few cents. Can I beat the convenience? No.

We usually bring a bottle of Fiji water on board, and when we are finished with it, we refill it from water obtained from HC. Why Fiji, you ask? Because the bottle is square and we can lay it down in the fridge or freezer without it rolling around from the ship's motion.

We usually bring a bottle of Fiji water on board, and when we are finished with it, we refill it from water obtained from HC. Why Fiji, you ask? Because the bottle is square and we can lay it down in the fridge or freezer without it rolling around from the ship's motion.

Smart. I bring a filter bottle and drink ships water. I use the water package for excursions.

I ordered a couple cases of the water because it was a good deal. However the water wasn't the best tasting. It was good enough to take with us out on port days and to the gym. Otherwise we drank the tap or bought premium waters on the ship. This was in the Baltic and can't remember the name. I'm sure the brand will change once the ship gets to the US.