Boarding times by deck number Enchantment 9/26

troykahack

Nobody can board whenever they want. They board when called. Check in and boarding are two separate things.

If I invite you to dinner at my house numerous times over the years at 5PM and you arrive and I am not prepared for you, I haven't even gotten back from the grocery store, and I routinely start with cocktails and appetizers at 6 and put dinner out at 7:30; would you keep coming over and sitting in your car at 5PM? Probably not.

I think what you are saying, it will be up to Royal to enforce. As long as they do nothing other than send a request, nothing will change.

I think that rccl might want to do boarding the way disney does. With disney you choose a time slot for your port arrival. If you are a previous disney cruiser the booking window is opened earlier for you. That way those that want early arrivals can have it and those that dont choose later. I always plan for possible delays and have been lucky enough to never have any. I have never had a problem with getting there early. I figure if I am too early I can meet the characters in the terminal. But even a bit early i never waited. Does rccl have any entertainment while waiting to board?

• 2 months later...

Look, after the complaints about lengthy boarding on Nav of Seas in Miami, thought I will bring up this sensitive topic again.

Are you willing to wait outside in the hot Miami sun for 45 minutes or longer or would you rather board orderly by deck number.

You now have people complaining about the crowds for early boarding. What is your choice??!

Look, after the complaints about lengthy boarding on Nav of Seas in Miami, thought I will bring up this sensitive topic again.

Are you willing to wait outside in the hot Miami sun for 45 minutes or longer or would you rather board orderly by deck number.

You now have people complaining about the crowds for early boarding. What is your choice??!

Any delays I have ever seen is due to short staffing; don't put the blame on paying guests when they don't have enough staff to process everyone.

Any delays I have ever seen is due to short staffing; don't put the blame on paying guests when they don't have enough staff to process everyone.

True, but if they know they are short staffed, and have a work around of staggered boarding, why can't passengers comply?

Now part of the problem is that some passengers are exempt from abiding by that schedule. The other issue is that many guests are coming from hotels or direct from airport

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Now part of the problem is that some passengers are exempt from abiding by that schedule. The other issue is that many guests are coming from hotels or direct from airport

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Isn't this like everything else regarding the rules?? If it says no shorts, I don't wear shorts. Some people get all uptight about others not adhering to the rules, suggestions, requests, but refuse to follow this "ask". I guess many want to pick and choose what is a rule, just as long as it is their way. But something not in their favor, they say ignore???

We Southerners have a word for this and starts with a H.

Look... we generally get to port after 1. We must transfer doggies to the sitters. This takes time. Miami we generally ride down the day before because my son lives in Miami and we enjoy meeting with him and taking home out to eat. We still don't arrive to port unti around noon.

Flame, I don't care. :D

Edited by troykahack

Isn't this like everything else regarding the rules?? If it says no shorts, I don't wear shorts. Some people get all uptight about others not adhering to the rules, suggestions, requests, but refuse to follow this "ask". I guess many want to pick and choose what is a rule, just as long as it is their way. But something not in their favor, they say ignore???

We Southerners have a word for this and starts with a H.

Look... we generally get to port after 1. We must transfer doggies to the sitters. This takes time. Miami we generally ride down the day before because my son lives in Miami and we enjoy meeting with him and taking home out to eat. We still don't arrive to port unti around noon.

Flame, I don't care. :D

No flaming from me. But in our case the 'rules' state that Diamond, D+, PC and Suite guests can board at their leisure. The board by deck applies to everybody else.

No flaming from me. But in our case the 'rules' state that Diamond, D+, PC and Suite guests can board at their leisure. The board by deck applies to everybody else.

As they should, BECAUSE OF STATUS. They earned their levels and Suite guest could be any level.

I thought I have been clear that those that have (because) higher status levels should also board in first wave....

On Serenade, we had 9 P's, 109 D+, and in the hundreds D. I realize on some cruises, their might be nearly half D, D+, and P's... so, they board early and then the others board by deck??? There is not a huge amount of Suites (GS and higher).

My point is...... these same people, not all, tell others of all STATUS to ignore the "ask" but many of these same people go crazy over shorts in MDR and many other things....

Edited by troykahack

• 1 month later...
We are also on Deck 2 with you. Will be boarding about 11:00 as well. No plans on waiting until 2-3 to board.

How did this work out for you? We will be sailing in mid-May. We will fly into Miami from the West Coast and plan to go directly to the port for boarding. Other members of our party are coming in from TX and NY.

Since two of us are diabetic, waiting around to board and get lunch could result in a medical emergency.