Boarding times by deck number Enchantment 9/26

troykahack

We saw a thread here about boarding times on Grandeur based on deck number.

We sail 9/26 Enchantment, and late yesterday we both got a letter asking us to arrive and plan to board by deck, at the times listed in the letter.

Deck 8 11-12

Deck 7 12-1230

Deck 4 1230-1

Deck 3 1-2

Deck 2 2-3

Departure 4 pm

If I knew how to cut and paste the email letter, I would post it here....

All seemed to think this was not true and to continue to board when you want. We are on Deck 8, so not a big issue for us.

We plan to follow the request. I wonder when this will be enforced?

We first encountered the boarding times according to Deck 2 yrs ago in Sydney , Australia, our daughter and husbands sister were on Deck 7 and boarded at 11 when we did . I don't know how many others boarded before their scheduled time but have read many board when they want to and it doesn't seem to be enforced.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We sail 9/26 Enchantment, and late yesterday we both got a letter asking us to arrive and plan to board by deck, at the times listed in the letter.

Deck 8 11-12

Deck 7 12-1230

Deck 4 1230-1

Deck 3 1-2

Deck 2 2-3

Departure 4 pm

All seemed to think this was not true and to continue to board when you want. We are on Deck 8, so not a big issue for us.

It won't be enforced, it's a suggestion not an order.....K.O.:)

Deck 8 11-12

Deck 7 12-1230

Deck 4 1230-1

Deck 3 1-2

Deck 2 2-3

Departure 4 pm

They reserve the right to enforce it at any time. :rolleyes:

Attempting to paste the letter..... Seems to me, asking is a request?

We, at Royal Caribbean International, want your vacation to get off on a wonderful start and in order to facilitate your check-in process, ask that you arrive at the cruise terminal according to the following designated times. This will help ensure a smooth embarkation experience so that you can begin your vacation as soon as possible:

· Deck 8: 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM

· Deck 7: 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM

· Deck 4: 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM

· Deck 3: 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM

· Deck 2: 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM

Enchantment of the Seas sets sail at 4:00 PM, and as a reminder all guests must be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to sail time.

We appreciate your assistance and look forward to welcoming you onboard Enchantment of the Seas.

Edited by troykahack

I always stay one night pre-cruise and the hotel check out time is 11 am. I leave then or just prior and go to the ship. I don't expect to be left waiting around until they call my deck number...and for the first time, in December, we have a cabin on deck 2, so NO...I'm not inclined to wait until between 2-3 pm to board. :mad:

I always stay one night pre-cruise and the hotel check out time is 11 am. I leave then or just prior and go to the ship. I don't expect to be left waiting around until they call my deck number...and for the first time, in December, we have a cabin on deck 2, so NO...I'm not inclined to wait until between 2-3 pm to board. :mad:

Well, for some reason they seem to want to board by deck number, the higher decks first. I assume they are going by price of the cabins, generally the higher the cabin, the higher the cost.

Maybe they feel it leads to a more orderly embarkation. Who knows.

We generally drive down day of cruise, and for PC, it takes us less than an hour, for FLL a good 3+ hours... Miami, we go down the night before, not knowing what that extra distance will do with traffic.

So, if this becomes the rule and is enforced? I don't think they take the time to send out these emails if they don't intend to eventual enforce it.

Just pulled from RCCL site, regarding boarding.

Q: When can I board the ship?

A: The boarding time for your ship and sailing date is specified in your Guest Vacation Documents. Please do not plan on arriving at the pier prior to the specified time as the ship will not be ready to board guests.

I assume this email is part of our Vacation documents.

Edited by troykahack

We are also on Deck 2 with you. Will be boarding about 11:00 as well. No plans on waiting until 2-3 to board.

We are also on Deck 2 with you. Will be boarding about 11:00 as well. No plans on waiting until 2-3 to board.

I'm with you. Planning on getting there around 11 am. Plus they sent me an email with perk reminder and one of them was that members get priority check in.

Agreed, Priority Check in and not boarding.

Every single cruise I have been on with RCI - and that would be 29 of them - people are allowed to use the priority line for check in depending on their C&A level. THEN ..... they go upstairs, where depending on which terminal you are at, you are SEATED BY C&A LEVEL. Then when the ship is cleared for boarding - around 11AM or so - there is a SPECIFIC order used to board. Wedding parties, then Suites and Pinnacles, then Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald, Platinum. THEN everyone else. If they didn't intend for people to BOARD by C&A level, then why would they have the chairs all set up with signs for each level, have staff checking your sea pass card as you come up the stairs and directing you to the correct section? This is how it has been done for years and years. I'm sorry you feel things should be different, but they aren't!

At NO POINT EVER in 29 cruises have I heard them announce for a certain 'DECK' to start boarding. Just the C&A levels. :D

Every single cruise I have been on with RCI - and that would be 29 of them - people are allowed to use the priority line for check in depending on their C&A level. THEN ..... they go upstairs, where depending on which terminal you are at, you are SEATED BY C&A LEVEL. Then when the ship is cleared for boarding - around 11AM or so - there is a SPECIFIC order used to board. Wedding parties, then Suites and Pinnacles, then Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald, Platinum. THEN everyone else. If they didn't intend for people to BOARD by C&A level, then why would they have the chairs all set up with signs for each level, have staff checking your sea pass card as you come up the stairs and directing you to the correct section? This is how it has been done for years and years. I'm sorry you feel things should be different, but they aren't!

At NO POINT EVER in 29 cruises have I heard them announce for a certain 'DECK' to start boarding. Just the C&A levels. :D

I am not disagreeing with what you have said happened in the past. We have always boarded around the time we arrived. My SO, has cruised a lot more than I have, mostly with Royal. Neither of us have ever received a email from Royal to board by Deck #. We cruised as recently May/June on Mj.

Now, for the first time, we received a email from Royal, that asked (a request) us to board by Deck #. Although we have priority check-in, nowhere could I find any language in writing that said anything about boarding other than the letter we received. It's not clear if check-in is one and the same with boarding.

Let's think why Royal would send out these boarding by deck numbers. It has been our experience that early boarding does create issues and the ability of the ships crew to be ready for such a mass of people at the same time. Don't you think embarking would be a much better experience if boarding is orderly and the bars and WJ are not so packed, not to mention that only a few bars are open. It's getting to the point that nearly half the cruisers have some form of status. I think boarding by deck is a great idea. If boarding is such a priority, why not just book a cabin on a higher deck??

Edited by troykahack