Unlimited Dining Package vs the Specialty Dining Package

Arzeena

Can anyone please specify how these work?

Unlimited Dining Package vs the Specialty Dining Package? I am aware that for the specialty package there is a certain $ amount or # of meals allocated per person. But what about the unlimited one?

(The unlimited package is not currently offered but we had a cruise booked a long time ago and that was one of the promos.)

Unlimited Dining Package vs the Specialty Dining Package? I am aware that for the specialty package there is a certain $ amount or # of meals allocated per person. But what about the unlimited one?

(The unlimited package is not currently offered but we had a cruise booked a long time ago and that was one of the promos.)

The UDP is counted by days, which meant you could eat in two specialty restaurants in one day and it counted as one day (I would ask if you plan to do that that this wasn't changed). The SDP is counted by meals, so if you ate at two specialty restaurants in one day, it would count as two meals.

The UDP is counted by days, which meant you could eat in two specialty restaurants in one day and it counted as one day (I would ask if you plan to do that that this wasn't changed). The SDP is counted by meals, so if you ate at two specialty restaurants in one day, it would count as two meals.

Thanks. That makes sense.

I sailed under the UDP twice. Each time we ate at a specialty restaurant each evening (7 nights total). You could also make two reservations per evening if desired. We did this twice, electing to go to dinner and then wait a few hours before going for dessert. To me, if you have the UDP it's a much more inclusive option. Wish it was still available, so enjoy!! :)

Also, earlier versions of the UDP gave you free first night Cirque/Illusionarium. Later it became a percentage off then a discount amount. The dates of the terms and condition's changes are documented in a few threads if you search, not sure if this applies to your ship.

I sailed under the UDP twice. Each time we ate at a specialty restaurant each evening (7 nights total). You could also make two reservations per evening if desired. We did this twice, electing to go to dinner and then wait a few hours before going for dessert. To me, if you have the UDP it's a much more inclusive option. Wish it was still available, so enjoy!! :)

Thanks. Sounds like I will have to go on a strict diet pre cruise, to be able to enjoy all the restaurants:D

You can book at specialty restaurants for dinner every night of your cruise. You dinner will be free at Cagney's Steakhouse, Moderno Churrascaria, Teppanyaki, French, Mexican, Italian, Margaritaville restaurants.

If you are on a mega ship, you can choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Susshi, Raw Bar, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, Cirque, Illusionarium, Supper Club Cabaret for a small upcharge.

All restaurants are limited to a single entree.