Help Desperately Needed ASAP

picklebongo

We are currently on the Breeze headed back to Galveston. My sister purchased her airline tickets and transfers through Carnival. The first leg of the trip was no problem, but we just found out, for some unknown reason, Carnival cancelled their return airline ticket. They are refusing to book another ticket, just telling them to go to the airport tomorrow. Any advice would be helpful cause we are stressing.

We are currently on the Breeze headed back to Galveston. My sister purchased her airline tickets and transfers through Carnival. The first leg of the trip was no problem, but we just found out, for some unknown reason, Carnival cancelled their return airline ticket. They are refusing to book another ticket, just telling them to go to the airport tomorrow. Any advice would be helpful cause we are stressing.

Something is fishy in Denmark.... You had a flight but don't now? Why? Going to the airport will get you to someone who can help, but clearly something is missing here......

This is from Carnivals website.

"What if my flights are cancelled or delayed?

Our Fly2Fun Air Program provides Flight Protection in the event of airline flight cancellations or delays resulting from mechanicals or severe weather conditions. Guests affected by these situations should contact our Travel Hotline at 1-877-885-4856 and our travel professional will ensure they meet their ship. Air, hotel and ground transportation costs for guest to meet the ships will be at Carnival's expense."

It might be worth the cost of a phone call to get a hold of this department.

I know it is upsetting, but I'm sure either Carnival or the Airline will get her rebooked.

Good luck.

If they just go to the airport what do you think will happen??

I would be asking to speak to the GM on the ship NOW

if Carnival cancelled the flight then they can book something before you leave the ship

We have spent hours at guest services. My brother in law has the onset of dementia and can't sit around the airport all day. Carnival can't tell us who cancelled the flight, though they said it was done on the 17th. The departure was fine and the transfer. They told us they have secured them a flight, but they can't tell us the airline nor the time, just go to the airport in the morning. That sounds nuts, if they actually have a flight, they should be able to tell us details.

This is truly awful given I arranged this cruise and everything had gone seamless.

If they've already arranged a flight then everything is fine. Just have them go the airport as planned and Carnival will get them where they need to be. I thought you said they didn't have a flight for them to return home and just told them to go and deal with it? That's completely different.

I'd tell them to go and everything will be fine. Just relax and trust Carnival. They aren't going to leave them stranded.

They told us they have secured them a flight, but they can't tell us the airline nor the time, just go to the airport in the morning. That sounds nuts, if they actually have a flight, they should be able to tell us details.

This is truly awful given I arranged this cruise and everything had gone seamless.

So if they cannot tell you the airline how do you know where to check in ??

Will they have a rep there waiting to take them to the right airline ?

shocking :eek:

If they've already arranged a flight then everything is fine. Just have them go the airport as planned and Carnival will get them where they need to be. I thought you said they didn't have a flight for them to return home and just told them to go and deal with it? That's completely different.

I'd tell them to go and everything will be fine. Just relax and trust Carnival. They aren't going to leave them stranded.

OMG you really drank the purple cool aid.When people can't give me a direct answer call me crazy,but makes me nervous.Happy to hear you can be so blasse,but not happening to you

OMG you really drank the purple cool aid.When people can't give me a direct answer call me crazy,but makes me nervous.Happy to hear you can be so blasse,but not happening to you

Are you flipping kidding me? You came on here and said they cancelled their return flight and refused to book them another. Then turned right around and said they have another flight already booked. Then you get all snippy with me when I was perfectly polite to you. Talk about overly dramatic. Please :rolleyes:

Are you flipping kidding me? You came on here and said they cancelled their return flight and refused to book them another. Then turned right around and said they have another flight already booked. Then you get all snippy with me when I was perfectly polite to you. Talk about overly dramatic. Please :rolleyes:

This person isn't the OP.

Anyway, first it was said that Carnival cancelled the flight. Then it switched to them saying they don't know who cancelled the flight with a date it was done. Maybe if the OP keeps posting, the rest of the details will come out. There's no way the flight was cancelled and there was no email notice or anything. It also doesn't make an ounce of sense that Carnival told you they rebooked a flight but can't name the time or the airline. Nevermind the flight #.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

The OP said "Were stressing out", its probably not a good idea to get hung up on every detail they type.

Clearly the OP is extremely distressed by the situation, and sounds like they feel a little guilty having been the one to book everything.

Folks...cut me some slack, we were in total crisis mode here. At guest services we were told the return flight was cancelled, though the departure and transfer to the ship was fine. At guest services we were told someone had cancelled THEIR flight, not the flight in general. My sister checked her emails remotely, nothing. Carnival said they had no idea who cancelled it. My sister asked them to rebook the flight and what made her mad was in the midst of this, the guest services guy asked who was going to pay for it.

Ten minutes ago, after a lot of stress, standing at guest services and yes, a few swear words, they were rebooked on the flight they were somehow cancelled from.

My two sisters and their husbands cruise a lot, usually Crystal, Celebrity, Regent and Princess and it was my idea to cruise Carnival because we had first time cruisers in our group. My sisters had not cruised Carnival in over 20 years and they held their noses and booked. Quite frankly, they were blown away by the ship, service, food, entertainment and the overall experience. One of my sisters is cancelling the Disney trip she had booked for eight grandkids and their parents to book Carnival.

This snafu tonight was a bitter pill and my sister was saying she'll never book Carnival again. Luckily now that this was ironed out, she can have a more balanced view and remember the overall experience and not just tonight.

I can say though, having the unlimited internet for $99 was a lifesaver. We had to do some of the legwork with the airline on the iPad, FaceTime folks, check emails, it was and is a blessing.

I appreciate those of you who tried to help by posting information and giving suggestions, we were in a full blown panic. Now our bags are packed and it's smooth sailing...goodnight and thanks!

Glad everything worked out for you. Broke my arm once on a cruise. Came on here to ask advise. Got torn to shreds. I was very stressed and in a lot of pain. I may have not have worded things well, but many just assumed I was looking to sue. Why not ask for clarification before jumping to conclusions.

Oh Pickle,

What have you done now.

For the past 10 years, all of your trips have been dramatic and adventurous to say the least.

Hope this works itself out.

^^^^^ This!

For those of you who have not been around here for the duration, klfrodo nailed it. This is par for the course for the OP.