Celebrity: Bring back luggage valet!!!!!!!

Luvcrusn

I was distressed to learn that the wonderful Luggage Valet Program that allowed passengers to pay a nominal fee onboard plus their airline baggage fees, receive their airline boarding pass, go directly to airport security, and next see their bags at their home airport has been dropped. I called Celebrity Captains Club to verify this, which they did. They indicated that they are reconsidering it and have been getting a lot of calls about it...soooo fellow cruisers UNITE! (LOL). Call them and email them at celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com.

It's a shame to end a cruise nice and relaxed only to disembark into a sea of baggage and a herd or hassled, disgruntled fellow passengers. Maybe if enough of us call, Celebrity will rectify this mistake.

BRING BACK LUGGAGE VALET!

Compare the prices to services like Luggage Free and Luggage Forward and you begin to understand why they stopped doing this. The price was just too cheap for the service for there to be any money made.

Compare the prices to services like Luggage Free and Luggage Forward and you begin to understand why they stopped doing this. The price was just too cheap for the service for there to be any money made.

I guess I'm selfish, but I think that the cruise line could offer this service and still benefit from the good will it creates among its loyal passengers. Besides it's not my job to consider their bottom line!:) It's not cheap to provide chilled rolled towels at dockside after a hot port day, or hot soup on cold ones, but it is a nice (and not free) service that makes life easier, and that's what they pride themselves on...modern luxury!

I guess I'm selfish, but I think that the cruise line could offer this service and still benefit from the good will it creates among its loyal passengers. Besides it's not my job to consider their bottom line!:) It's not cheap to provide chilled rolled towels at dockside after a hot port day, or hot soup on cold ones, but it is a nice (and not free) service that makes life easier, and that's what they pride themselves on...modern luxury! They can charge what they want for the service, then it's our decision whether or not it's worth the cost for the convenience!

Luggage FORWARD is a service we have used in the past and although it is not cheap the added expense is somewhat logical. They arrange with either UPS or other shipper to pick up at your home a piece of luggage up to 50 pounds (with cruise line tags attached) and ship it across country to a holding facility near your departure port along with hundreds if not thousands of bags. It is then sorted by date, cruise line and ship and stored until the morning your ship is due to depart. It is then once again transported from the holding facility to the port and then to the respective ship.

If you subtract the UPS shipping cost from the Luggage Forward fee it isn't that far from the Luggage Valet fee.

Luggage Valet; Involves one important step that Luggage Forward doesn't and that is the printing out of airline luggage tags and boarding passes, but other than that it is pretty simple. Isolate all luggage with LV tags in hold of ship and offload onto either one or two trucks (depending on airports served) drop off luggage at TSA screening.

We have used Luggage Valet whenever we could and would also like to see it return even with a logical cost increase.

OMO

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

Luggage FORWARD is a service we have used in the past and although it is not cheap the added expense is somewhat logical. They arrange with either UPS or other shipper to pick up at your home a piece of luggage up to 50 pounds (with cruise line tags attached) and ship it across country to a holding facility near your departure port along with hundreds if not thousands of bags. It is then sorted by date, cruise line and ship and stored until the morning your ship is due to depart. It is then once again transported from the holding facility to the port and then to the respective ship.

If you subtract the UPS shipping cost from the Luggage Forward fee it isn't that far from the Luggage Valet fee.

Luggage Valet; Involves one important step that Luggage Forward doesn't and that is the printing out of airline luggage tags and boarding passes, but other than that it is pretty simple. Isolate all luggage with LV tags in hold of ship and offload onto either one or two trucks (depending on airports served) drop off luggage at TSA screening.

We have used Luggage Valet whenever we could and would also like to see it return even with a logical cost increase.

OMO

bosco

Thanks for your info. If you have used Luggage Valet in the past and would like to see it return, please call and email Celebrity at celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com. The more requests they get the more likely they will be to reinstate the program. One can hope!

Call the Captain's Club too. I had a very nice call back from a rep there.

She indicated that the more calls they get on this, the more pull they have with encouraging the cruise line to bring it back or get another vendor. She indicated that this is a very hot topic for them. Many, many Captain's Club members want it back!

I have also called and written Celebrity to complain about losing this program.

Someone suggested Luggage Forward as an alternative so I did some checking on prices.

See below:

I just did a mock booking.

It's $150 per bag per direction.

So for 2 bags it would be $600 round trip IF I gave them a week to deliver in each direction.

$518 for 2 day delivery of 2 bags (each direction) ($1036 round trip)

$458 for 3 days ..........................( " ) .................. ($916 )

$358 for 4 days ........................... ( " ) ............... ( $716 )

Check for yourself

https://www.luggageforward.com/

But it just doesn't seem like something the slightest bit comparable to the $40 that Luggage Valet charged.

:eek:

Also note that Celebrity is the ONLY cruise line to discontinue the program! :mad: