Kids' gratuities and costs

Frogmill0

Virtually every industry has some variety of the "add on". Car rental agencies tack on some airport facility fee, airlines have baggage fees or "more space" fees, auto service places add fees for disposing of drained motor oil or replaced tires, even our local supermarket is contemplating adding a paper bag fee for those who do not bring their own.

I expect our local schools will soon institute chalk dust remediation charges.

Virtually every industry has some variety of the "add on". Car rental agencies tack on some airport facility fee, airlines have baggage fees or "more space" fees, auto service places add fees for disposing of drained motor oil or replaced tires, even our local supermarket is contemplating adding a paper bag fee for those who do not bring their own.

I expect our local schools will soon institute chalk dust remediation charges.

I'm not sure schools have blackboards any longer! :eek::D:p:cool:

The US used to have an excellent national cruise line; United States Lines which ran cruises until about 1969. Ships were called America and the SS United States etc. Very good line and I understand they are restoring the SS United States and cruise line has taken interest in the project.

Regards John

Uh, no.... http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/08/abandoned_ship_deal_to_save_ss_united_states_too_c.html

The US used to have an excellent national cruise line; United States Lines which ran cruises until about 1969. Ships were called America and the SS United States etc. Very good line and I understand they are restoring the SS United States and cruise line has taken interest in the project.

Regards John

The United States Line was not a national cruise line but a private company. The only relationship they had w the US government was that government subsidies were used to help the company build the SS United States so it could be used as a troop ship if we had to ferry soldiers to Europe. Most of the "national cruise lines" aligned with foreign countries are also not national cruise lines but private companies.

DON