taking a thermos of coffee off the ship?

BuckeyeMark

One question and ten different answers... If it were me with my limited experience I would simply ask once I was onboard. :)

You are however stopping in Canada where Tim Hortons is a Canadian staple. IMO there isn't better coffee than a large Timmy :D

I suspect anyone who has frequented any of the local roasters in Vancouver would be spraying coffee all over the place at that suggestion...

No cups of any kind. Even if capped. They're afraid if someone slipping on a spill & getting hurt. I don't know if it included closed bottles or not.

Just leave them on your table to reserve a spot where you'll be eating.

No one will touch another person's coffee.

btw- it was on the Emerald.

Okay, that makes more sense. I suppose it could spill and get commingled with food being served.

It is to avoid food contamination. You cannot even take a plate of food you just took out of the serving area back into the serving area to get something else you forgot to get.

Just got off the Grand to Mexico. No problem with taking bottled water, in fact the encouraged you to take Water and we're selling it. Did see them tell people they could not take their coffee they got in IC. I brought pre-packaged for hubby off the ship because he is diabetic & glad we did because on tour didn't come till way at the end. Pre-packaged I have been told is ok. In Mexico specially in Oct is very hot and water is not always found. On our tour to Turtle Sanctuary I thought they should ( for the cost of the trip) of given all a bottle of water getting off the bus to tour the Sanctuary. Was glad I had water. It was my one complaint of this tour. Was very concerned about many of the older folks not having water and getting heat stroke.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

One of my joys when traveling is to search out coffee shops in port -especially when we are doing our own thing. I often do it before we go and print off maps. Had some great experiences .....

That's the way. Relax in a coffee shop, help the local economy, enjoy the ambiance.:)

Exactly. In Mexico we were not even allowed to take off a bottle of water. I think they wanted us to support the local economy. Well' date=' given that I won't eat or drink in Mexico, I turned around and reboarded the ship. How's that for 'contributing" to the economy. Now I don't book cruises that go there.[/quote']

Just got off the Crown from a Baja Cruise. Took a bottle of water off all the time.

There were signs posted in the IC about not taking beverages, like coffee, off the ship.

I don't eat or drink in Mexico, either. Once was enough.

Exactly. In Mexico we were not even allowed to take off a bottle of water. I think they wanted us to support the local economy. Well' date=' given that I won't eat or drink in Mexico, I turned around and reboarded the ship. How's that for 'contributing" to the economy. Now I don't book cruises that go there.[/quote']

Good for you. I went one time to Mexico on a cruise and have no desire to ever go there again. They should watch the drugs from coming out of there country as much as there watching someone taking a coffee in.

Tony

Just got off the Crown from a Baja Cruise. Took a bottle of water off all the time.

There were signs posted in the IC about not taking beverages, like coffee, off the ship.

I don't eat or drink in Mexico, either. Once was enough.

All they want is for people to spend money. There's obviously no concern about introducing something into their agriculture.

We have carried Katydyn filter water bottles to and from 22 countries at least and no one has ever asked us anything except to empty before security. Never tried coffee but last time I looked in my Stanley there was a Rabbits tail in it.

https://www.amazon.com/Katadyn-MyBottle-Purifier-Blue-Splash/dp/B002RRYB4U/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1475979867&sr=8-10&keywords=katadyn

Edited by WupperAV

In Canada (maybe other places) they won't let you take a cup of coffee off the ship if from the IC. I think this has more to do with the disposable cups that it has to do with the coffee itself. As others have said, I would ask onboard but I don't think a thermos would be an issue.

But, I know the cruiseline does not want you taking their food off the ship. I understand why no fruit or fresh foods can be taken onto shore ... I always pack a sealed granola bar or snack of some sort of sealed snack for excursions and never had an issue with that. But .... there are some countries where even that is not allowed. The US and Canada are not in the list of those countries that prohibit this.

We took the seven-day Wine Country Coastal and you could not take coffee and other like beverages off of the ship Washington, Oregon, and California. Had to buy water when I was off of the ship. In the US, it has nothing to do with the container. Not sure about Canada, where we embarked.

We took the seven-day Wine Country Coastal and you could not take coffee and other like beverages off of the ship Washington, Oregon, and California. Had to buy water when I was off of the ship. In the US, it has nothing to do with the container. Not sure about Canada, where we embarked.

So Princess was not selling cold bottles of water just before you left the ship in the USA ports?

By the way, I never had a problem taking water bottles off the ship in California in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Catalina Island or San Diego.

Just off the Regal Princess' NE & Canada cruise.

* No signs telling us not to take coffee off the boat. Announcements were made about fruit, meat and seeds. Nothing said about water or coffee (taht I heard).

* No one was searching bags that I saw at disembarkation.

I could've taken the thermos off at any and all ports on this cruise.