Back to HAL after a few years.....

canadarocks

When did you last cruise? On our March cruise and all prior, they had glasses of 8-10 varieties of juice in the area where desserts are during the day in the Lido.

I love the different choices and will be disappointed if they are gone.

July/August, 2016 on the Rotterdam: A good variety of juices available in the Lido Marketplace at breakfast is what I experienced. (My favorite, Guava, alas, did not make an appearance. Oh well, I survived.)

Even before the "re-incarnation" of the Lido Restaurant serving lines, one really does need to make a survey of both sides of the serving lines in order to see what and where food items are located that one might desire are located. Posted menus at the forward and aft areas of the Lido Restaurant help to know what is available.

For the Lemonade drinkers, it was readily availble in the Lido Marketplace. As they are able, expecting the Lido Restuarant's Stewards to offer water, iced tea, and Lemonade, or even obtaining a cup of hot water for tea or coffee ("would you like cream or sugar?") for one when seated was a "Signature of Excellence" service that I appreciated.

My mouth dropped when I read 48 days! I can't even begin to imagine......

Anyway, I was going to post how excited I am to be taking my first HAL cruise! We were looking for different ports and found one that fits the bill. Eurodam here we come (3/17). We picked a guarantor balcony and can't wait to see where we end up. Not really concerned since it will be a balcony.

You made me laugh out loud. We can't quite wrap our heads around it either. Enjoy your first HAL cruise. It's a great line!!

Congratulations on your 50th and enjoy your dream cruise. I have never sailed with you but am excited for you:).

Thanks so very much!! We are very excited.

Cheers, Denise

When did you last cruise? On our March cruise and all prior, they had glasses of 8-10 varieties of juice in the area where desserts are during the day in the Lido.

I love the different choices and will be disappointed if they are gone.

Sorry, meant 24/7 dispensers with the larger glasses. The pre-filled juices in the small glasses that you mentioned are still available as well. With the dispenser, you can make your own Arnold Palmer (RIP :().

Sorry, meant 24/7 dispensers with the larger glasses. The pre-filled juices in the small glasses that you mentioned are still available as well. With the dispenser, you can make your own Arnold Palmer (RIP :().

DH loves Arnold Palmers. He does mix them onboard also.

July/August, 2016 on the Rotterdam: A good variety of juices available in the Lido Marketplace at breakfast is what I experienced. (My favorite, Guava, alas, did not make an appearance. Oh well, I survived.)

Even before the "re-incarnation" of the Lido Restaurant serving lines, one really does need to make a survey of both sides of the serving lines in order to see what and where food items are located that one might desire are located. Posted menus at the forward and aft areas of the Lido Restaurant help to know what is available.

For the Lemonade drinkers, it was readily availble in the Lido Marketplace. As they are able, expecting the Lido Restuarant's Stewards to offer water, iced tea, and Lemonade, or even obtaining a cup of hot water for tea or coffee ("would you like cream or sugar?") for one when seated was a "Signature of Excellence" service that I appreciated.

Guava is the best. I will survive with others though too. First world problems:eek:

I concur with the Lido getting to both sides for mid-day meal. One side generally has an Asian flair and the other side is more traditional Italian flavor. We generally are doing the longer cruises now and it is great that the Lido food servers go out of their way to get to know names. It is just the right thing to do.

Generally, we have found that the MDR is open for lunch on sea days, but not on days when in port. Makes sense to me.

The Dive In has good food...except for those whose cholesterol might be a bit high. Once in a while OK, but not every day.

The last couple of times on Maasdam, they were still making sandwiches to order; BUT, they also had (at the other end of the line) pre-made sandwiches along with at least two cold salads and chips, etc. Very convenient, especially for those who, even on a cruise, are in a hurry.

Jim

Edited by JimnKaren