Getting American Express Platinum Perks

OdoyleRulez

Hi,

Amex Platinum offers different perks based of cruise line. For instance you get a $200 OBC + a plate of canapés for a Balcony cabin on Princess.

Does anyone know if you can get this by using your Amex Platinum through a travel agency? I know if you book directly through Amex it works, but cannot tell through others, and have the travel agencies have no idea what I am talking about.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide. All the post on this topic seem to be very dated.

Hi,

Amex Platinum offers different perks based of cruise line. For instance you get a $200 OBC + a plate of canapés for a Balcony cabin on Princess.

Does anyone know if you can get this by using your Amex Platinum through a travel agency? I know if you book directly through Amex it works, but cannot tell through others, and have the travel agencies have no idea what I am talking about.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide. All the post on this topic seem to be very dated.

I am a long time Platinum member and do try o maximize my perks however I always get way better cruise fares from a travel agent than from Amex PLat travel.

Hi,

I had no idea!! I've always booked direct through the cruise line, so I didn't realize this perk. I imagine you have to go through Amex to get it.

We booked a Mini suite (2 actually) and paid with our american express card and as far as I know there are no additional perks.

Bummer, I may have gone through american express, had I known!

You don't need to book through Amex Platinum to get the perks. You need to find a TA who works with Amex Platinum and after they book your cruise they call Amex and get a tracking number assigned to your booking in order for you to get your perks. You can also get the TA discount and whatever OBC or perks they give you.

Just about all of my cruises but one have been combinable with the Amex Platinum perks and past passengers rates plus my wonderful TA's discount.

To get the Amex perks, the cruise has to be 5 nights or more. For Princess it's now the OBC and canapés.

You don't need to book through Amex Platinum to get the perks. You need to find a TA who works with Amex Platinum and after they book your cruise they call Amex and get a tracking number assigned to your booking in order for you to get your perks. You can also get the TA discount and whatever OBC or perks they give you.

Just about all of my cruises but one have been combinable with the Amex Platinum perks and past passengers rates plus my wonderful TA's discount.

To get the Amex perks, the cruise has to be 5 nights or more. For Princess it's now the OBC and canapés.

We are the same - always book with a non-AMEX travel agent and get the perks. You must use a true AMEX Platinum or Centurion card (not Delta, American, etc. AMEX) for payments. If your TA does not automatically take care of this for you, give him/her a call and ask them to get this added to your booking or - find another TA that is pro-active about getting their clients all of the perks they are entitled.

The AMEX Platinum/Centurion cruise privilege program includes many cruise lines, not just Princess....

My TA just had our AMEX perks added to our next cruise yesterday....they show up in your cruise personalizer under credits immediately!

Hi cjskids, going to be on the Regal with you 27 Nov. I just got an AMEX card a few months ago and I received my OBC also from my TA as soon as I paid in full with my AMEX. That was the only stipulation my TA told me there was. Question though do the canapés just show up sometime on the cruise or do you need to request? Are they worth it? The ones I've had in the past are so bad I wouldn't want dining to go to the trouble. I enjoy far more going to buffet and grabbing cheese and crackers for our pre-dinner schnack.

We are the same - always book with a non-AMEX travel agent and get the perks. You must use a true AMEX Platinum or Centurion card (not Delta, American, etc. AMEX) for payments. If your TA does not automatically take care of this for you, give him/her a call and ask them to get this added to your booking or - find another TA that is pro-active about getting their clients all of the perks they are entitled.

The AMEX Platinum/Centurion cruise privilege program includes many cruise lines, not just Princess....

My TA just had our AMEX perks added to our next cruise yesterday....they show up in your cruise personalizer under credits immediately!

Basor,

Have you had any luck with Celebrity? I tried for my Reflection cruise in Feb 2017 but my TA said that since I had the Go Best package that the perk wasn't combinable. HOWEVER a few weeks ago I added a Celebrity offer that showed up where if I pay $500 towards my Celebrity cruise I receive $150 credit back. I have heard they do that sometimes. TA said this offer will work. Waiting til next month to pay off that cruise. Just got the card in July so fairly new to everything.

Cheers,