Sirena docking - St. George, Bermuda

nyfeds

You probably can take the local bus it is the other end of the Island so may take a while

If you are comfortable riding on the other side of the road rent a scooter

check out the Bermuda forum under Ports of Call

Thanks so much for the replies.

I just found a transport company that will take us to Horseshoe Bay, round trip, for $40.

caribsun, how far a walk to Tobacco Bay Beach and Fort St. Catherine Beach? Would you recommend those as opposed to Horseshoe Bay?

Thanks.

Denise

Edited by nyfeds

I just found a transport company that will take us to Horseshoe Bay, round trip, for $40.

caribsun, how far a walk to Tobacco Bay Beach and Fort St. Catherine Beach? Would you recommend those as opposed to Horseshoe Bay?

Thanks.

Denise

Not Caribsun, but I wanted to point out that Bermuda is well north of the tropics, and it is unlikely to be beach weather while you are there.

It will be perfect for golfing....but bring a sweater along!

Not Caribsun, but I wanted to point out that Bermuda is well north of the tropics, and it is unlikely to be beach weather while you are there.

It will be perfect for golfing....but bring a sweater along!

Thanks. Not into golfing and definitely planning on bringing hoodies with us. We weren't planning on swimming and/or sunbathing, but rather wandering a beautiful beach :)

Denise

Thanks.

Denise

When will you be there? Weather quite different from other places in states.

Sirena is there for two days - Oct. 25 and 26.

Average temperature in Bermuda in Oct is 75 degrees. Could be a few less as you will be there end of the month. The average high should be 80 degrees. Beach will be lovely without hoodies and maybe a swim also. Have a great time. :):):)

Average temperature in Bermuda in Oct is 75 degrees. Could be a few less as you will be there end of the month. The average high should be 80 degrees. Beach will be lovely without hoodies and maybe a swim also. Have a great time. :):):)

Sounds perfect to me, RJB! We now live in SOCAL and have been sweltering. Ready for cooler temps!

Thanks for your good wishes! A great time is definitely planned, regardless of the weather!

Denise

St. George is a lovely small town for wandering around. Very few ships go there nowadays, you are lucky. It has a narrow entrance to the port. When we went there on a relatively small very old NCL ship, someone in a historical costume in the entrance fort shot a canon as a welcome.

We walked to the beaches mentioned, but they are not the wide open beaches which invite walking as far as I remember. This was many years ago. We also used the public busses.

We will be doing a transatlantic next year and are so excited about St George. We have done two Bermuda cruises on Celebrity and have pretty much seen the entire island including the beaches, crystal caves, Hamilton, Dockyard and everything in between. On our last trip we only got to spend an hour or so in St George on our tour and missed so much because we opted to sit and have lunch. I will say that we had lunch at a great place called Wahoos. My hubby and dad had fish and chips (a portion too huge that they could of shared just one) and my mom and I had the fish tacos (to die for!) I look forward to being back there next September.

5-Gallery-Page-Food-Dinks-Wahoo-Tacos-IMG_8407-copy-650x400.jpg.fd8d56c88bf665b3f3a1fa26c67fad51.jpg

Definitely nicer than the Yahoos I was referring to :) How close is it to where we dock?

Thanks, Lyn :)

it is just across from the dunking stool I think you have to enter from the little street just past there but not sure if they had another entry

We docked in Hamilton

it is where the stools are outside

i-V44QjHX-M.jpg

Will do.

I wonder if this is part of the Yahoos chain as we have here in SOCAL.

From their website:

Wahoo's Bistro & Patio Restaurant is located at 36 Water Street in the historic town of St. George's. Owned and operated by Alfred Konard and Geza Wolfe; both owners bring with them decades of combined experience in the restaurant industry. Our waterfront location is a perfect spot to enjoy both indoor and patio dining. Our menu features a variety of delious options. Come and try our Wahoo specials especially the award winning Bermuda Fish Chowder, certified Angus Beef, daily blackboard specials, home made desserts; including our imported Italian Bindi Gelato. Our Wiener Schnitzel is prepared with love by our own Austrian chef Alfred Konard. We also offer a full bar service with specialty drinks, liqueurs and coffees. Ask Geza about his daily special coffee creation. Good food, great prices in a friendly and casual atmosphere.