How to find out which terminal in St Thomas?

canadarocks

While Crown Bay is probable, it's not guaranteed. A couple of years ago, we were scheduled for Crown Bay, and the various websites that have this type of information all said Crown Bay, but on the outer approaches to St. Thomas the Captain came on the PA system to announce that the Harbour Master had redirected us to Havensight.

All I know is on the approach to Crown Bay you see a large windmill perched on top of the buildings and that is what they use in their logo. That always indicated to me the HAL had some kind of deal worked out with the agents. If I remember (It's been several years) the cost to get into town was about $10. Some people walked but they said by the time you got there it was basically time to turn around and walk back.

Just received this response from the St Thomas port agent:

Good morning:

WICO (Havensight).

All the best,

Janet Jaikins-Madden, Ph.D

Manager Cruise Ship Operations

Virgin Port Services, St Thomas VI

Boatdrill, thanks again for the referral! Now should I assume that this is definite?

Good morning:

WICO (Havensight).

All the best,

Boatdrill, thanks again for the referral! Now should I assume that this is definite?

Hmm..I would never assume it is definite.. Port operations have been known to change at the last minute.. We've had that happen in several ports..

If someone is meeting you they will be able to check on it the day of arrival..

Edited by serendipity1499

Good morning:

WICO (Havensight).

All the best,

I am rather skeptical about that. With only three ships in port I would assume the Nieuw Amsterdam will be at Crown Bay. HAL, Princess and Cunard dock in Crown Bay - as do the Behemoths of the Seas.

Hmm..I would never assume it is definite.. Port operations have been known to change at the last minute.. We've had that happen in several ports..

If someone is meeting you they will be able to check on it the day of arrival..

This is so ture,

We were on Noordam, headed to Crown bay and we ended up anchoring in inner harbor and tgendereed a tiny distance to Charlotte dsmall dock . It acutually turned out to be very convenient and not the hassle we freeeed would occur

Edited by sail7seas

The 10-year agreement Holland America and Princess had to dock at Crown Bay seems to have expired. The ship schedule for the USVI is at http://www.viport.com/seaports/vessels.html.

That's strange!

If that's the case then is it possible that HAL ships will have to anchor out & tendering will be required?:confused:

Edited by serendipity1499