Dress standards on Cunard, adherence to.

NSWP

Just a thought - have you checked Marks and Spencer online.

http://www.marksandspencerlondon.com/au/l/men/blazers-and-smart-jackets/#page:1

They seem to have a decent selection and a range of sizes, including Big & Tall. Check the size chart to see how the sizes map to our sizes.

I regularly buy stuff from M&S. It's decent quality, great prices compared with Aussie equivalents, and you can return stuff if it doesn't fit.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a look, I get a low of casual gear, and even business shirts at Rivers, as they fit. I buy most of my suits, for work at Loews for the same reason and occasionally something special from someone that makes good gear. It's the unusual stuff that's hard.

It doesn't surprise me at all because Cunard still runs "class system" and bills itself as up market and premium cruise line. Royal Caribbean is mass market and attracts an entirely different demographic of passenger than Cunard attracts. They are totally different lines. The die hard Cunard fans would never be seen dead on a Royal Caribbean ship. That is how big the class difference is in their country.

Having sailed Cunard and RCI, I can agree on this.

RCI is much more lively and a well dressed dead person would be spotted by very quickly.:p

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a look, I get a low of casual gear, and even business shirts at Rivers, as they fit. I buy most of my suits, for work at Loews for the same reason and occasionally something special from someone that makes good gear. It's the unusual stuff that's hard.

Been to UK several times and the boss visited M&S. Not cheap, there is also a small M&S in Kowloon - HK, we found last year, not cheap either. Lowes is best.

British store Debenhams is teaming up here with Harris Scarfe. There you go, retail intelligence, that will be good for cruise clothes shopping.

Edited by NSWP

Now I have a question for you that is slightly off topic Uncle Les.

If you put straight jacket on someone who is LGBTI, is that an infringement of their sexuality?

LOL, No Mic, but they will lie in their cell quietly and not attack anybody. There were padded cells too at Darlo, but that's another story. Nothing like that on the cruise ships, thank goodness.

I buy a lot of my work suits the Les, often grab two or three for $99 ea, get a year or so out of each, so three last three to four years. Hard to beat.

Nothing wrong with the Lowes $99 suits Mr Gut, I have a couple for the weddings, funerals and cruises. If you join their Loyaty Club you will get another 5% discount, so 'the more you wear the more you save.' Just like at Dan Murphy's...'the more you drink the more you save.' lol.

My new Lowes Tuxedo cost me $159, lashed out, they ordered it in for me. Last of the big spenders is Uncle Les.

That reminds me, 4 weeks before head off, better check my Lowes Bags of Fruit. The sea air seems to shrink them after each cruise, would not be the Horizon Court Buffet would it? lol.

Edited by NSWP

Been to UK several times and the boss visited M&S. Not cheap, there is also a small M&S in Kowloon - HK, we found last year, not cheap either. Lowes is best.

British store Debenhams is teaming up here with Harris Scarfe. There you go, retail intelligence, that will be good for cruise clothes shopping.

The online prices looked OK but the sizes didn't go far enough in what I was looking for.

Not cheap? I find them very reasonably priced for the things I buy.

Linen beach pants $45 - similar Aussie brand $85 when you can get them.

Bras $35 - similar Aussie brand styles $45+ and almost impossible to find.

But, yes, HK M&S prices were very expensive, as were Singapore prices. I check both places in April.

However as far as womens clothing goes the quality is far better than the cheaper priced Aussie clothing stores. I find it very difficult to find suitable clothing in my size in Australian stores which is why I buy a lot of basics from M&S.

LOL, No Mic, but they will lie in their cell quietly and not attack anybody. There were padded cells too at Darlo, but that's another story. Nothing like that on the cruise ships, thank goodness.

I have seen those padded cells and they don't really act like bouncy castle walls at all.:eek:

I have seen those padded cells and they don't really act like bouncy castle walls at all.:eek:

They had to be protected from themselves Mic, Straight Jackets/Padded Cells were never a punishment, not here anyway.

Not cheap? I find them very reasonably priced for the things I buy.

Linen beach pants $45 - similar Aussie brand $85 when you can get them.

Bras $35 - similar Aussie brand styles $45+ and almost impossible to find.

But, yes, HK M&S prices were very expensive, as were Singapore prices. I check both places in April.

However as far as womens clothing goes the quality is far better than the cheaper priced Aussie clothing stores. I find it very difficult to find suitable clothing in my size in Australian stores which is why I buy a lot of basics from M&S.

Thanks, but the Boss is thrifty, that's why she thought M&S a bit pricey, hope she does not read this. Thinks we are wasting our $ on business class air fares, Mini Suites on the ships. Probably right. She likes the US$10 mohitos on Princess though. Max 2 per diem.