Hurricane Matthew-Itineraries changed

KPfromCT

HURRICANE MATTHEW

Weather Update – 9/30/16 – 10:00PM (EST)

We continue to monitor Hurricane Matthew in the Caribbean. According to the last projected track, we have made the following changes to ships sailing this weekend.

Carnival Sensation – 10/1/16 departure

We will need to cancel our calls in Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk and replace them with visits to Costa Maya, Mexico and Cozumel, Mexico. Please find the new itinerary below.

Day Port Arrival Departure

Sat Miami, FL 4:00PM

Sun Fun Day @ Sea

Mon Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00AM 7:00PM

Tue Cozumel, Mexico 7:00AM 10:00PM

Wed Fun Day @ Sea

Thu Miami, FL 8:00AM

Carnival Splendor – 10/2/16 departure

We will need to reverse the order of our port visits. Please find the new itinerary below.

Day Port Arrival Departure

Sun Miami, FL 4:00PM

Mon Fun Day @ Sea

Tue Cozumel, Mexico 7:00AM 3:00PM

Wed Grand Cayman 9:00AM 5:00PM

Thu Ocho Rios, Jamaica 7:30AM 3:30PM

Fri Fun Day @ Sea

Sat Miami, FL 7:00AM

All other sailings departing on or after Saturday, October 1, 2016 continue to operate as scheduled. In the event we need to make a change to the itinerary, we will update our guests.

As always, the safety of our guests is our number one concern and our ships will maintain a safe distance from the storm at all times.

For the latest information regarding your sailing, please continue to monitor this site. We will post the next update after 8:00PM on Saturday, October 1, 2016.

Nice of you to take the time to post this important info for others. :)

Awww! Thanks! And I must say, I am quite jealous of all of your upcoming cruises...... Hope you enjoy them all, and happy sailing!:D:D

Yep. Pride out of Baltimore has changed from Grand Turk/HMC/Freeport to NYC and St John. Kinda sucky, if you ask me.:(
Halifax would be better than Saint John, but this time of year is busy in the Maritime ports and Carnival was probably pretty limited in its choice of ports. OTOH, I wouldn't want to be in Cozumel on Tuesday with the number of re-routed ships in port. It's going to be mobbed.:eek:

Off Topic: Love your screen name. My oldest son is a SWO, right now in Bahrain.

I am so upset that Carnival Elation embarking tomorrow is now going to Key West. I understand that we can't go to the Bahama's, but they could have rerouted to Cozumel. I didn't book a cruise to go to Florida from Florida! Ugh! Won't do this again!

Cozumel is not possible out of Jacksonville for 5 days. Don't blame Carnival.

Looks like GT and HMC are in the path of Matthew, the hurricane is forecast to be there Wednesday (GT) and Thursday (HMC).

Anyone's guess what damage might be done and whether future cruises will have those ports still on their schedule.

I am so upset that Carnival Elation embarking tomorrow is now going to Key West. I understand that we can't go to the Bahama's, but they could have rerouted to Cozumel. I didn't book a cruise to go to Florida from Florida! Ugh! Won't do this again!

If the change in itinerary upsets you so much...don't book a cruise during hurricane season...

Happy Sailing!