Upgrade From PR to X After Final Payment??

So, we are after final payment. Have a Promenade Stateroom booked. Happy with it.

But, prices have dropped for the cruise and we are looking to possibly upgrade to a balcony guarantee for about $10. It isn't a question of do we want to do it, but rather can we?

I know you can't upgrade in final payment if there isn't an additional cost. But, can you upgrade to a guarantee category during final payment time?

We aren't upset prices are significantly lower now, but hoping we can get a better cabin without much more cost.

Appreciate some good advice about the rules.

Thanks to both for the great info, and any others. That's what I thought and/or hoped.

We have a great TA (our DD), so now we'll turn her loose on RCCL tomorrow.

Maybe we lose our OBC, but that's only $26, so that isn't even a factor on this. And, still very ok with the PR cabin.

As long as it isn't a New Bookings only price you can upgrade even if it DOES'NT Cost more...I just did that twice last week on the same reservation...upgraded from an inside to an OV...and then later that day the price on a Superior OV dropped below what I had paid so I upgraded again...a few weeks ago the same cabin was listed on the GGG sale for $10 MORE than what I had paid...but they would NOT let me upgrade because of the sale...go figure...

Upgraded! Moved from Promenade Stateroom to Balcony Guarantee for $11 plus loss of $26 OBC. I'll take that.

Now the wait......... when will they assign cabins. LOL

:eek:

I think that's an excellent deal.:)

Upgraded! Moved from Promenade Stateroom to Balcony Guarantee for $11 plus loss of $26 OBC. I'll take that.

Now the wait......... when will they assign cabins. LOL

:eek:

Wow - awesome!!!

Your cabin can be assigned any time between now and the date of sailing. Keep checking your cruise planner. (You can get luggage tags at the pier, so no worries if you don't find out your cabin number until the morning of the sailing)

So, we are after final payment. Have a Promenade Stateroom booked. Happy with it.

But, prices have dropped for the cruise and we are looking to possibly upgrade to a balcony guarantee for about $10. It isn't a question of do we want to do it, but rather can we?

I know you can't upgrade in final payment if there isn't an additional cost. But, can you upgrade to a guarantee category during final payment time?

We aren't upset prices are significantly lower now, but hoping we can get a better cabin without much more cost.

Appreciate some good advice about the rules.

As someone said, you can upgrade after Final Payment even if there is no charge, depending on the rate rules. If "new bookings only," then no. But you wouldn't be able even if there was a charge. We upgraded from a balcony to a JS a few years ago and the JS was significantly cheaper than the Balcony. We just did a "no charge" upgrade. We did lose $100 OBC as the new pricing didn't include the OBC, but it was worth it for the upgrade.