Penthouse Suite question

mrsz

I will be in a penthouse this December on Infinity and this thread is getting me very excited. I liked the video of the PH on Constellation. I do have a question for those who have sailed in a PH and had a get together. Were you able to use your 2 bottles of alcohol to make a "punch" for your guests? If so, do you have any suggestions of what to make? My brother and husband are beer drinkers and I drink very little so I thought it would be nice to invite some people from the roll call to enjoy the cruise thru the panama canal and serve a punch and snacks. Also, what type of finger foods can I request for the get together.

Thanks for any advice given,

Becky

You will have a ball. I've had a cc party for about 50 in the suite. The butler brought complementary Cheese, Shrimp and Fruit Platters. Many of the guests brought a bottle of Bubbly or Wine and we had supplied a selection of mixers and had the two bottles of liquor there but no one chose to drink a mixed drink. Knowing how many guests would be there the Butler comped us a couple bottles of wine and had pleanty of Ice, Glasses and napkins setup.

The nice thing was after coming back after dinner the place was cleaned and setup for our arrival home for the evening.

Service is leaps and bounds better . You will have a butler and concierge in michael's club available to u...and eating in luminae is wonderful. Penthouse balcony like previously mentioned is half the back if the ship.. great to hang out and enjoy the privacy..

Just be aware that not all of that balcony is private/hidden. Those of us in the afts above got quite a show when a young woman thought she could sunbathe in complete privacy...look up, if you can see us, we can see you.

Interesting. Is that only on the Summit or in all PH Suites on Celebrity? We are in the PH on Eclipse coming up in January and am wondering if we should expect these larger snack trays?

Just a few more pampering examples we have experienced in PHs

We returned from a tour with two new friends and brought them back to the PH for a drink on the balcony. The butler appeared from no where, insisted he served the drinks, came back with crisps, nuts...

We were wondering another day where to dine. He knew we liked Indian food and suggested he set up an in room banquet for us. So nice...

We returned to our room early one evening saying we were going to watch a film...a few minutes later the popcorn appeared...

To say nothing for those leisurely breakfasts on the balcony, those shrimp platters......

Let the butler know the types of snacks you enjoy in the evening and he will sort it.

Enjoy!

Edited by chemmo

In my view, the penthouse cabins on the M class are the best at sea. Nobody else gives you that much real estate. LOVED the butler's pantry with a full-size refrigerator. The butler can come in that door early in the morning to leave off coffee and whatever without waking up the occupants. Between the butler, the Michael's Club concierge, and Luminae, you will not lack for good service.

Not saying anything negative but NCL Garden Villa is larger and exquisite. Celebrity Penthouse is 2600 SF while NCL Garden Villa is 6600 SF. With 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and a second story sun deck for over 100 people in addition to the lower balcony with jacuzzi , indoor and outdoor dining for 8...complete luxury. My GIF is part of the living room with grand piano behind me...and a wall of windows overlooking the pool area.

Edited by rickechambers1@aol.com

Not saying anything negative but NCL Garden Villa is larger and exquisite. Celebrity Penthouse is 2600 SF while NCL Garden Villa is 6600 SF. With 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and a second story sun deck for over 100 people in addition to the lower balcony with jacuzzi , indoor and outdoor dining for 8...complete luxury. My GIF is part of the living room with grand piano behind me...and a wall of windows overlooking the pool area.

I think this is a bit like comparing apples and pears...Just considering the accommodation not the other perks...

If you want lots of bedrooms, traveling with close friends and family the NCL garden villa sounds great. However, if you are a couple traveling what do you want all those bedrooms for? You simply have a lot of unwanted real estate. The PH is designed for two (although it does comfortably cope with3/4).

It's probably lovely, but I certainly don't need 3 bedrooms. Or bathrooms, for that matter. Also, I don't do stairs.

The OP was asking about an M-Class Celebrity Penthouse Suite. This message thread has gone off in multiple directions / tangents.

I humbly ask that we try to assist the OP with their original question at hand regarding the Celebrity Summit Penthouse Suite (or the M-Class PH Suite).

Heather

The OP was asking about an M-Class Celebrity Penthouse Suite. This message thread has gone off in multiple directions / tangents.

I humbly ask that we try to assist the OP with their original question at hand regarding the Celebrity Summit Penthouse Suite (or the M-Class PH Suite).

Heather

Agreed. Thanks for pointing this out. I was simply making a correction to an earlier incorrect statement made that could be misleading: "In my view, the penthouse cabins on the M class are the best at sea. Nobody else gives you that much real estate."

That is not accurate information as there are other lines that offer more real estate at sea.

Thanks again.

Agreed. Thanks for pointing this out. I was simply making a correction to an earlier incorrect statement made that could be misleading: "In my view, the penthouse cabins on the M class are the best at sea. Nobody else gives you that much real estate."

That is not accurate information as there are other lines that offer more real estate at sea.

Thanks again.

I also should have noted that although I quoted your passage, it was a general overall statement to the entire thread - my reply not directly aimed at your quote. I should have made just a blanket request for all of us to get back on track :)

With kindest regards

Heather

Just a few more pampering examples we have experienced in PHs

We returned from a tour with two new friends and brought them back to the PH for a drink on the balcony. The butler appeared from no where, insisted he served the drinks, came back with crisps, nuts...

We were wondering another day where to dine. He knew we liked Indian food and suggested he set up an in room banquet for us. So nice...

We returned to our room early one evening saying we were going to watch a film...a few minutes later the popcorn appeared...

To say nothing for those leisurely breakfasts on the balcony, those shrimp platters......

Let the butler know the types of snacks you enjoy in the evening and he will sort it.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to our cruise.

I will be in a penthouse this December on Infinity and this thread is getting me very excited. I liked the video of the PH on Constellation. I do have a question for those who have sailed in a PH and had a get together. Were you able to use your 2 bottles of alcohol to make a "punch" for your guests? If so, do you have any suggestions of what to make? My brother and husband are beer drinkers and I drink very little so I thought it would be nice to invite some people from the roll call to enjoy the cruise thru the panama canal and serve a punch and snacks. Also, what type of finger foods can I request for the get together.

Thanks for any advice given,

Becky

I think you SHOULD do the punch.

We did exactly (make a punch) with alcohol on our infinity cruise this past December. You can read the entire review here (typos and all):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2286374

Or the post specific to the punch, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48564400&postcount=105

The pineapple bites are POTENT. You don't need to bring your own container, they'll find you a bowl, find you the fruit, juice, mixers, etc. We guided our butler some, but we have lots of experience in the hospitality industry.

These are more examples of the level of service you can expect in the PH and what the possibilities are for use of that deck, oh, that amazing deck. The only time we EVER had any staff on that stairway was when they were actually working lines during the canal transit.

You should want for nothing, and if you do, something is not right, so speak up and I expect it will be dealt with (fixed) quickly.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I think you SHOULD do the punch.

We did exactly (make a punch) with alcohol on our infinity cruise this past December. You can read the entire review here (typos and all):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2286374

Or the post specific to the punch, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48564400&postcount=105

The pineapple bites are POTENT. You don't need to bring your own container, they'll find you a bowl, find you the fruit, juice, mixers, etc. We guided our butler some, but we have lots of experience in the hospitality industry.

These are more examples of the level of service you can expect in the PH and what the possibilities are for use of that deck, oh, that amazing deck. The only time we EVER had any staff on that stairway was when they were actually working lines during the canal transit.

You should want for nothing, and if you do, something is not right, so speak up and I expect it will be dealt with (fixed) quickly.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks so much for the links and advice. Coincidentally, we will be in the same suite that you had, just a year later. We are really looking forward to the pampering. The deck was the main reason for booking the PH. It just looks like a great place to view the panama canal with some of our new found cruise friends!

I noticed you are also from Maine. I grew up in Maine and consider it home. My family still lives north of Bangor and I am visiting with them until the cruise . Since my brother is going with us we decided to fly together from Maine.

Becky

Thanks so much for the links and advice. Coincidentally, we will be in the same suite that you had, just a year later. We are really looking forward to the pampering. The deck was the main reason for booking the PH. It just looks like a great place to view the panama canal with some of our new found cruise friends!

I noticed you are also from Maine. I grew up in Maine and consider it home. My family still lives north of Bangor and I am visiting with them until the cruise . Since my brother is going with us we decided to fly together from Maine.

Becky

That deck is what we decided to splurge on the PH, the problem is, it WILL spoil you and now we have quite a few days booked. Enjoy, for sure, it's one of the best itineraies for that suite.

We're in the western mountains, but in Portland often. It's been SO dry, our spring (not even a well) went dry this weekend and now we're having to having to bring water in daily, needless to say, not fun, with no rain in site. We know we're not the only ones, and Nestle (Poland Spring) wants to start taking more wter from the ground. It's the little irony given what Florida is getting, but I totally digress.

The colors are beautiful, enjoy your time and the fabulous weather we're having, and of course, your cruise.

Happy sailing,

Jenna