New perks for more traveled !

floridalover5623

The shortest cruise we ever took was 7 days... but when we started cruising all the lines counted was cruises not days...we have been cruising since the l980s...on 9 different lines.... so the issue regarding days or cruises is funny to me... my dh and I have taken every cruise together... Princess credits him with more days than me... so that says a lot about how accurate the records are...

As I read the tread, I guess I would love to get credit for still cruising at an advanced age just kidding :D

we love to cruise. Princess rewards are better than any of the other lines we have been on recently. I think we have 23 cruises with Princess... so we have a long way to go.

Previous threads have said that the Sabatini's breakfast was for the 75, 100, etc cruise credit. It was not a perk for 50

There were a few people on this board who did receive breakfast but it stopped a while ago. Like you said it's only at 75 & 100.

When & if we ever get there I'll make sure it a loooong cruise.;)

Princess rewards are better than any of the other lines we have been on recently. I think we have 23 cruises with Princess... so we have a long way to go.

If you like free booze between 5.00 - 8.30 pm every night of your cruise, like I do, then this perk offered by Royal Caribbean after only 80 nts cruising is a lot better than a one-off mini bar and free laundry from Princess after 150 nts cruising! IMHO

MP.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you like free booze between 5.00 - 8.30 pm every night of your cruise, like I do, then this perk offered by Royal Caribbean after only 80 nts cruising is a lot better than a one-off mini bar and free laundry from Princess after 150 nts cruising! IMHO

MP.

And the price of their cruise also reflects that perk.

And the price of their cruise also reflects that perk.

The maths say that you would have to pay almost twice the cost for Princess cruises to comparable Royal Caribbean cruises, to qualify for each's benefits (150 nts to 80 nts). So factor that in, and shop around.

MP.

Having just come back 2 weeks ago from Ruby Princess, I attended the info session for new Captain Circle members (even though I am Platinum with one more cruise to get Elite status, as most of my cruises I travel solo). It was infact very informative and the Captain Circle host did say that a) there is an additional OBC for 21 cruises and over given by Princess Cruises. b) on special 'anniversary cruises' you are given special additional perks. Her definition of special 'anniversary cruises' was cruise number 25, 50, 75 etc.

Her advise to me was to ensure when I am going on my 25th cruise, to ensure that I choose a long cruise, so that this special perk was well worth it and I could enjoy it. I just have to remember it when I plan my 25th cruise.

She did say this was all public information on the information they hand out at the info session.

MP.

Princess has given the AIBP as a perk on many cruises recently. So next year we have 24 hours a day of free drinks on 5 cruises.

Additionally, for your 50th credit cruise, you receive suite perks, which includes daily breakfast in Sabatini's, the breakfast there IMO is a great one time perk for your 50th just by it's self.

This one time 50th perk IMO shows Princess's appreciation and recognition for all your past loyalty

Srpilo

When I reached 50 last year they told me the Sabatinis perk was for 75th cruise. Has it changed?

I was going to make the 75th cruise a very long one.

Her advise to me was to ensure when I am going on my 25th cruise, to ensure that I choose a long cruise, so that this special perk was well worth it and I could enjoy it. I just have to remember it when I plan my 25th cruise.

I'd be inclined to confirm that fact in writing, from Princess, before I booked a 'long cruise'. ;-)

MP.

I'd check that in writing before I booked a 'very long' cruise! ;-)

MP.

I am always booking long cruises any way so no problem really. I have been saying for a long time that the perks should start at 500 days.

Not to make this any more challenging but I believe Princess offered the Sabatini Breakfast perk to anyone celebrating a 50th Wedding Anniversary while sailing during Princess Cruise Line 50th Anniversary last year. There may have been other perks such as suite perks but I am less certain about that. Perhaps this is where some of the different interpretations about when and what benefits are afforded to frequent floaters.

Anything extra they want to offer me will be appreciated. My Dec cruise will be both my 50th cruise and 75th Cruise credit so it will be hard to tell what I was given for each. I'm averaging just a tick under 10 days per cruise and will hit 500 days next year so I earned Elite the old fashioned way, by sailing. (can't believe I thought I was hot stuff after 4-5 cruises lol)

I think the system is pretty fair and love what Princess already offers, it would be nice to have another level to shoot for though. Maybe super secret Diamond Elite? :)

Not to make this any more challenging but I believe Princess offered the Sabatini Breakfast perk to anyone celebrating a 50th Wedding Anniversary while sailing during Princess Cruise Line 50th Anniversary last year. There may have been other perks such as suite perks but I am less certain about that. Perhaps this is where some of the different interpretations about when and what benefits are afforded to frequent floaters.

My sister and brother-in-law met this criteria and received a bottle of wine (the $20 voucher) and that's it.

A clarification just posted on princess only dot com about the Princess Milestone Awards. Only one big change that I can see is the restaurant coupon at 100 cruises. Wow, do I have a long wait for that one unless we start booking some of those short cruises. ;)

50 Cruise Credits

Mention at Captain's Circle Party

Flowers

Champagne

75 Cruise Credits

All of the above plus breakfast in a specialty restaurant each morning for that cruise ! !

100 Cruise Credits

All of the above plus 1 specialty restaurant coupon.

MP.

Just off an RCCL cruise and it was from 4:30 - 8:00 PM every evening ... and they even loaded 3 drinks onto your card if that wasn't enough. Wow....now, those were some good perks!! We also got two free photos at $20 a pop. While I never look a gift horse in the mouth ... some things are better than free laundry .... IMHO!!

A clarification just posted on princess only dot com about the Princess Milestone Awards. Only one big change that I can see is the restaurant coupon at 100 cruises. Wow, do I have a long wait for that one unless we start booking some of those short cruises. ;)

50 Cruise Credits

Flowers

Champagne

75 Cruise Credits

All of the above plus breakfast in a specialty restaurant each morning for that cruise ! !

100 Cruise Credits

Not exactly a big deal extra for 100 cruises. A $29 coupon. And yes I am close to that but seriously considering giving up on Princess after the last several cruises on the bigger ships.

Just off an RCCL cruise and it was from 4:30 - 8:00 PM every evening ... and they even loaded 3 drinks onto your card if that wasn't enough. Wow....now, those were some good perks!! We also got two free photos at $20 a pop. While I never look a gift horse in the mouth ... some things are better than free laundry .... IMHO!!

I have only ever been on one RCCL cruise and it was OK. But I like the idea of the drinkies after 80 days. Blow the laundry.

50 Cruise Credits

Flowers

Champagne

75 Cruise Credits

100 Cruise Credits

Before I get to 75 or 100 Cruise Creditd I will be having breakfast in the specialty restaurant in the Concert Condo :eek:

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO