Has anyone tried: MotionEaze Sickness Relief, All-Natural Topical Liquid for sea sick

mikeysed

Saw it on Amazon and it gets good reviews. Apply it behind your ear lobe. Doesn't really say how long it lasts for, but like that it is all natural.

I don't really get sea sickness, at times I may sometimes feel a bit nauseous and this could be a good idea, apply it morning and before dinner (after shower) before going back out on the ship for the night...

Would love to know if anyone else has tried this and if you were happy with it.

Thanks.

I wouldn't mess around with anything like that. Go to your doc, tell them you are going on a cruise and ask for scopolamine patches. These have worked wonders for many of my friends who suffer from sea-sickness. So much so that they have been able to become regular cruisers. I have never heard of a doctor/PA saying no to prescribing it ahead of a cruise.

I wouldn't mess around with anything like that. Go to your doc, tell them you are going on a cruise and ask for scopolamine patches. These have worked wonders for many of my friends who suffer from sea-sickness. So much so that they have been able to become regular cruisers. I have never heard of a doctor/PA saying no to prescribing it ahead of a cruise.

While your doctor could prescribe the patch, you mentioned you do not have serious issues with seasickness. You probably would not need that kind of medication.

I put something similar to MotionEaze behind my daughter's ears (she's 6) and it seems to work. I have no personal experience with it - the only thing that works for me is non-drowsy dramamine.

Good luck:)

I love, love, love this product! :D

I have posted here on the boards about it previously. I have a really bad motion sickness problem and have always used Bonine in the past. I heard about Motioneaze and tried it and have used it ever since. All natural, just a dab behind your ears and you're good to go - it does smell like lavender for a short while, but that goes away shortly.

It works so well the charter fishing guys all stock it on their boats down here for the tourists. The best thing is that you can wait to use it and if you start to feel queasy it only takes about 5 minutes to work, so you're not dosing yourself with something if you don't need it.

I would say try it and see what you think :)

http://motioneaze.com/stop-seasickness-with-motioneaze/

We've use the product, too- works well for us.

As for the patch (which is the main thing doctors prescribe)- I don't like the side effects of using it, so we have been looking for an alternative. Which is what we found.

We've use the product, too- works well for us.

As for the patch (which is the main thing doctors prescribe)- I don't like the side effects of using it, so we have been looking for an alternative. Which is what we found.

We also love the product and have used it for many years. We've never had any side effects.

Edited by DiJohn

I have looked at this before but am afraid I will break out in hives from it due to the ingredients.

Here and the ingredients for anyone else who is concerned:

Motioneaze is all natural. It is made from a proprietary Botanical Oil Blend [Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense, Chamomile, Myrrh, Ylang-Ylang and Birch].

For those of you who have used it, have you had any skin irritation at all?

We didn't.

But one thing to note- if you wear a gold necklace, you will start hearing Christmas music when the combination of gold, frankincense, and myrrh are put together. :D (you'll see a tree with candy canes hanging from it)

Unless things have changed, they are "cost prohibitive." Even with insurance, I had to pay $75 for patches when we cruised across Gulf of Alaska on a ferry.

Ginger pills and ginger gum work for me. Also big fan of Sea Bracelets from the drug store.

I've never heard of it, but am interested to hear the reviews. I like that it is all natural. I have used the wrist bands with good results. I get sick on a ferris wheel so am prone to motion sickness, but that has not stopped us from cruising. My Dad used a patch and became quite ill from it so the drug in the patch doesn't agree with everyone.

Edited by kalliekae

Unless things have changed, they are "cost prohibitive." Even with insurance, I had to pay $75 for patches when we cruised across Gulf of Alaska on a ferry.

Ginger pills and ginger gum work for me. Also big fan of Sea Bracelets from the drug store.

I think things have changed. My gf paid like $20 or $30 for them in November, and that was with insurance.

We didn't.

But one thing to note- if you wear a gold necklace, you will start hearing Christmas music when the combination of gold, frankincense, and myrrh are put together. :D (you'll see a tree with candy canes hanging from it)

Thanks for the laugh.....perked up the morning!

I have tried MotionEaze years ago for my granddaughter. Her first cruise and wasn't sure how she would handle it. It seemed to work, since we had some rough seas, or else she might not have gotten sick to begin with. Worth a try. I don't get seasick, so didn't use it myself.

Gwen :)

This made me giggle. :)

Very glad for this thread! I think I'll purchase some of the motioneaze for our next trip. I'm sure we'll be fine on the ship, but we have an excursion booked that involves a small boat and reviews have reports of seasickness. I'll bring this along, just in case me or my little ones get a little green.