Internet Offer - Marina

ILgirl

An internet offer consists of a 7 night western Caribbean cruise on the Marina in February, 2017 in a veranda cabin, $200 PP credit, all taxes and fees and airfare as well. Total price is $1,699. This sounds like a great deal. We have never sailed Oceania before as it is usually out of our price range. Any input as to whether or not this is too good to be true? Thanks for your comments.

An internet offer consists of a 7 night western Caribbean cruise on the Marina in February, 2017 in a veranda cabin, $200 PP credit, all taxes and fees and airfare as well. Total price is $1,699. This sounds like a great deal. We have never sailed Oceania before as it is usually out of our price range. Any input as to whether or not this is too good to be true? Thanks for your comments.

Is this through a reputable travel agency? According to Oceaniacruises.com - the minimum balcony cabin is $2399 (2/1 and 2/18 departures). It's possible the agency would have group space, but this does seem to be a questionable price at 29% lower than list price. Or a smoking deal. I wonder if what they are showing is the price without air.....

Joe

I would confirm that all taxes & fee are included make sure there is no notation " * some taxes, fees extra" after the price advertised

it sounds like a good deal for an Oceania cruise & may be a good way to try them

The OP`s original post was taken off because the name of the travel company was mentioned. I replied letting them know that was against CC rules to mention travel agency deals. I have used the company she is referring to and it is legitimate agency.

I honestly forgot about the rules about TA names when I first posted - sorry for the trouble. Yes, I believe it to be legitimate, it does include all taxes and fees and also airfare. All in black and white so to speak.

Prices are per person, based on double occupancy

What threw me off was OP said Total Price.

If for 2 would be a great deal, if it's $3400 for two not so much.

Edited by ORV

With air and $400. OBC ( per cabin ) I think that`s a good deal. We live on the West Coast so air is nice to have.

Even if it's a red eye in economy?

Personally, I am too old for that :D

Edited by Paulchili

Thanks for all of your thoughts and comments. With the airfare, taxes, port charges and the $200PP credit included, it pretty much brings it down to the more "mainstream" cruise line pricing, e.g. Celebrity and Princess, which we've enjoyed many times. I'm sorry if I was misleading - the offer is for $1,699PP.

Time to give Oceania a try! Thanks again.

Even if it's a red eye in economy?

Personally, I am too old for that :D

I totally agree, any flight over 4 hours in todays coach is an ordeal. I will gladly pay forfirst class or businessclass comfort so as to arrive for my cruise rested, relaxed and happy.

This is why God created mileage programs and first /business class.not as a status symbol but a sanity preservation technique.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and comments. With the airfare, taxes, port charges and the $200PP credit included, it pretty much brings it down to the more "mainstream" cruise line pricing, e.g. Celebrity and Princess, which we've enjoyed many times. I'm sorry if I was misleading - the offer is for $1,699PP.

Time to give Oceania a try! Thanks again.

You have discovered a hidden truth that is carefully hidden by the "mass market or mainstream" ,as you call them , cruise lines that it really is more economic to sail on a fairly all inclusive ship like Oceania free from the hourly pocket mining and nickel and dime action of the "others" that sell to price economy sensitive customers. Who forget to that that that super price gets you on board where they plan to double it in on board extras.

I once compared a mass market lines 36 day Australia to LA to an Oceania in the same size/type cabin. Factoring in ALL the things the other did not include that O did, the mass market cruise was some $2650 more per person then the O cruise !!!

Thx for your comments and you have made me curious. What type of included benefits makes you consider Oceania all inclusive over a Celebrity or Princess that nickel and dime you? I haven't sailed on Oceania so I am not disagreeing. I am just asking what you are referring to. Thx for clarifying.

Thx for your comments and you have made me curious. What type of included benefits makes you consider Oceania all inclusive over a Celebrity or Princess that nickel and dime you? I haven't sailed on Oceania so I am not disagreeing. I am just asking what you are referring to. Thx for clarifying.

All soft drinks, specialty (non-alcoholic) coffee, specialty restaurants, bottled water are all at no extra charge

The "search" function and a calculator will help you find out why O Is a far better value than "wannabes" like Celebrity or Princess or HAL.