Hurricane Matthew

Andy

Hi Everyone,

To my dear Azamara friends and your loved ones in the potential path of Hurricane Matthew... we can only hope the Hurricane will find a way to bypass us. If not... with as minimal harm as possible. As I've learned over the last several months, we can always repair our homes. However, our safety and well-being means everything.

Wishing everyone the best possible outcome during the next few days. Please stay safe, and listen to the advice of federal, state and local authorities.

Assuming power is lost (it usually is !) I will post again, when power is restored. Take care everyone. You are all in our thoughts & prayers.

Edited by Andy

Hi Everyone,

To my dear Azamara friends and your loved ones in the potential path of Hurricane Matthew... we can only hope the Hurricane will find a way to bypass us. If not... with as minimal harm as possible. As I've learned over the last several months, we can always repair our homes. However, our safety and well-being means everything.

Wishing everyone the best possible outcome during the next few days. Please stay safe, and listen to the advice of federal, state and local authorities.

Assuming power is lost (it usually is !) I will post again, when power is restored. Take care everyone. You are all in our thoughts & prayers.

Hope everyone will be safe. We sometimes don't know how lucky we are in the UK until we hear about the weather that you have. Take care. Triona

Thanks Andy! I do hope you and your mother stay safe. i been emailing friends in FL and Wilmington. everyone captain Johaness is also in the path of this if it turn to SC which as of now should come thru. it plans to go up coast N to VA but on God knows. so all stay safe

Is the Quest moving down the East Coast, with the charter group? I see Captain Jose posting pictures o Facebook and it seems to be from the East Coast.

Yes, Pam. Quest is in Boston today and tomorrow. Then continues down the coast. Maybe Matthew will turn out to sea before Quest is due in Norfolk on the 13th.

Yes, Pam. Quest is in Boston today and tomorrow. Then continues down the coast. Maybe Matthew will turn out to sea before Quest is due in Norfolk on the 13th.

There's a couple of wild projections out there, that the storm might hit FL, go up the coast a bit... then turn around and hit FL a 2nd time.

Hoping somehow, that all will be ok. All we can do right now, is wait and worry.

I have a lot of friends who are in harm's way, so I am praying for safety for all of them!

I'm running a lot of fans, pointed in that direction. Hopefully they will blow Matthew back out to sea.

There's a couple of wild projections out there, that the storm might hit FL, go up the coast a bit... then turn around and hit FL a 2nd time.

Hoping somehow, that all will be ok. All we can do right now, is wait and worry.

Wishing the best to all in the hurricane's path from across the pond. Fingers crossed that things will not be as bad as predicted

Stay safe, Andy and please do let us know how things are once Matthew has passed.

BTW, we miss you!

Garry

Thank You Garry. I miss everyone on this forum very much. After the storm passes and life returns to normal, I will try and visit more often.

I feel bad for everyone.

But I was on the Quest for the TA and we got the tail end of Ian.

thanks to Captain Jose, we only had 24 hrs of really bad rocking. It could have been a lot worst.

I am keeping my eye out for them and hope that they can do this sailing without meeting with Matthew,

Me too. My family is in Jupiter FL. I lived thru Andrew.

They stayed!! I was in PBC fro Andrew.. the wind and rain woke me but we had power and i watch TV at 2 or 3 am.. then i got to live thru scares. .then Francis and Jeanne and Wilma. guess who moved. scary!!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to advise that Mom & I are fine. Tons of brief power outages last night, but power was quickly restored. From all accounts, Hurricane Matthew made a last minute turn to the East, which made ALL the difference for us.

Our thoughts and prayers remain for those to the North of us, who remain in the path. Please keep us posted.

My sincere thanks to everyone for your concern.

I have one friend who lost power due to trees. always the trees. they have a generator going now. another moved his car. he learned today good thing.. a tree would of been on his car.. so he and car are fine.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to advise that Mom & I are fine. Tons of brief power outages last night, but power was quickly restored. From all accounts, Hurricane Matthew made a last minute turn to the East, which made ALL the difference for us.

Our thoughts and prayers remain for those to the North of us, who remain in the path. Please keep us posted.

My sincere thanks to everyone for your concern.

I'm SOOO glad for you, your mother, all my Miami co-workers, and everyone in Florida who were spared the worst of this destructive storm!

And best of luck to those unfortunates who aren't being spared this storm :*

B.