Celebrity Age group poll

wallie5446

What Age bracket sail's on Celebrity?  

946 members have voted

1. 1. What Age bracket sail's on Celebrity?

• Under 25
    • 25-30 No children or dont bring them
    • 25-30 with children
    • 30-40 No
    • 30-40 with
    • 40-50 No
    • 40-50 with
    • 50-60 No
    • 50-60 with
    • 60+ No
    • 60+ with children and or Grand Children
    • Celebrity has a target age, it is not ours
    • Celebrity has an wide target, but no longer us
    • Celebrity has a wide target, I fit!

We took our first Celebrity cruise 23 years ago. Mercury.

Since then we have cruised on many ships, several cruise lines. And we still do. Last two were RCI and Princess, next one is Princess. We select based on itinerary, ship, and price.

Celebrity remains our preferred cruise line, Solstice ships are our all time favourites. We are now in our mid sixties. We expecially like Celebrity for their Med and Adriatic cruises.

Edited by iancal

My late husband and I started cruising in 1993. He was 51, I was 42. We were "loyal to Royal" until 2000 when we switched to Celebrity. We never looked back. I have done two RCCL cruises since he passed away, and I will probably never cruise with them again. I am a suite passenger and find Celebrity's suite program far superior to RCCL. I am sure that the new suite program on RCCL is lovely,but it lacks the perks that Celebrity offers. What makes my post relevant to this poll is that I am now 65 and cruise with no one other than my significant other. We enjoy the lack of nonstop announcements, the lack of children on longer cruises, Michael's Club, Luminae, the inclusion of gratuities, on board credit, and wi-if. Yes, the beverage plan is nice, but with Michael's Club, it is immaterial to us as we are not big drinkers. We do enjoy the demographic we have met in Michael's and that for us is the reason we sail Celebrity. Frankly, it is nice to cruise with folks like us.

I think Celebrity is trying to attract new cruisers regardless of age, who will spend more on board than those who have cruised often enough that they do not need photos or cruise line excursions.

We are active seniors who enjoy exploring independently. We do not gamble, drink very little and I can't remember the last time I bought anything in an on board shop. We are elite+, but know we are no longer Celebrity's target market. The increased prices, with included drink packages do not appeal. Luckily we can cruise at short notice, so we will be looking for last minute cruise only deals if we are to cruise with Celebrity again. For the first time, we completed a cruise in September without having another booking in place. Our next three holidays will be land tours, Texas, UK and Africa.

Sheila

Hi!-

DH and I are 42 and 40 respectively. We are diamond in Royal and we just finished our first X cruise in November. We were Elite on X. That part was great. The perks were a plus. We sailed on a 14 South China Sea on Millie.

The ship was small a little older but it is beautiful. The food in the main dinning room was okay. But this had to do with who it was geared towards.

The activities were non-existent.

If X is targeting my age group it failed in that respect. Days at sea where boring. We had 4 of them mixed in and for the first time ever I found myself playing cards for a few hours at the time.

Their guest speakers were also dated. Images and presentations were old school. If you are going to boast about Life Enriching presentations then people step it up. PowerPoint with blurry images makes me feel disrespected.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Holy cow! Look at all the people with no kids. No wonder they can take some great cruises, they didn't use up all their money raising kid - lol.

I figured the age demographic would be older I was just shocked that so many didn't have kids or Grand kids.

I have all three, older but have kids and grand kids :)

Edited by Duanerice1

My late husband and I started cruising in 1993. He was 51, I was 42. We were "loyal to Royal" until 2000 when we switched to Celebrity. We never looked back. I have done two RCCL cruises since he passed away, and I will probably never cruise with them again. I am a suite passenger and find Celebrity's suite program far superior to RCCL. I am sure that the new suite program on RCCL is lovely,but it lacks the perks that Celebrity offers. What makes my post relevant to this poll is that I am now 65 and cruise with no one other than my significant other. We enjoy the lack of nonstop announcements, the lack of children on longer cruises, Michael's Club, Luminae, the inclusion of gratuities, on board credit, and wi-if. Yes, the beverage plan is nice, but with Michael's Club, it is immaterial to us as we are not big drinkers. We do enjoy the demographic we have met in Michael's and that for us is the reason we sail Celebrity. Frankly, it is nice to cruise with folks like us.

That is part of the attraction of Celebrity for us, we first sailed on Carnival (in our mid fourties) as a trial to see if we liked it and whilst there were some positives (we did have a good time) I couldn't see us cruising with them again.

We then went on Royal with another couple and had a blast and would cruise with them again. A friend then talked us into going on Celebrity which we then booked with a group of 12 of us in Aqua Class and had a fantastic time.

We have had 3 more cruises with Celebrity in suites (2 were pre Luminae but post Michaels Club) and have enjoyed them all immensely. The ambience, style and activities suited us. We don't usually party past 1 or 2 am anymore as it is getting more difficult to back up. I can see us cruising X for another 10 years at least.

I would guess that the target market for Celebrity is 40-60 with spillovers in each direction. It does seem to be more for couples and groups of couples with generally no kids travelling with them.

At some point I think we may grow out of X sailing (now early fifties) but it is some time off. Smart marketing to have customers in their 30s who become cruisers in the targeted demographic as time passes with friends who are now ready to try cruising. They become your free ambassadors in your target audience.

Holy cow! Look at all the people with no kids. No wonder they can take some great cruises, they didn't use up all their money raising kid - lol.

I figured the age demographic would be older I was just shocked that so many didn't have kids or Grand kids.

I have all three, older but have kids and grand kids :)

I think it is more that they don't cruise with kids rather than don't have any. Certainly true for us.

I think it is more that they don't cruise with kids rather than don't have any. Certainly true for us.

Us also. Our son has been on 15 cruises with us, but his last was in 2009, he graduated high school in 2010. Since then he has been in college and he has another 4 years of med school to go. He is looking forward to being able to cruise again, he is 24 now, so he will be late 20's when he can cruise again. He's not into parties and doesn't drink, but likes a nice dinner out and a relaxing day by the pool, so I can definitely see him as a future X customer

We have only cruised Celebrity on Mediterranean itineraries,

out of Venice, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul

I say the average age is lower than appears ( from reading threads) on other areas/routes.

Each host country then has may passengers from the host port nation, and the Europeans tend to sail younger, eat later etc. so we have never felt the ships had a particular majority age group on those cruises.

Not too many kids even in August and the ones on board have always been well behaved

I imagine when the ships sail from the UK, the majority will be British and generally older, as they don't have to fly.

Similar for the Caribbean??

True. We're in this category. We're in our 50's, our daughters are in their 20's, and neither have children. We've taken a break from the big family cruise vacations because their college/work schedules aren't in sync anymore.

Edited by jules815

We're both 41 and certainly feel young when sailing on X. The marketing is a bit misleading because the pictures and video certainly do present a younger set of travellers than you find on board.

But is anyone really surprised by that?

We are 48 and sail on celebrity WITH TWO KIDS UNDER 11 ! Yes yes I know ...

Last cruise to Norway , quite a few people our age , I certainly didn't feel out of place , I actually thought the cross section of age groups was great . For the kids , a dozen or so in each age group which made the fun factory a great place , and friends were made , and great fun was had .

Yes , cruising is getting a bit younger , but I do like how X caters for all ages and abilities , sea days they could do a few more free active activities , but no big deal .

The entire family adore celebrity , and really wouldn't sail with anyone else .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Jeeze....

it's bad enough having the companies mining for demographic data without random people doing it to amuse themselves

Are you kidding? When you register for your cruise you give your age and address and gender (not to mention other info that becomes available such as physical limitations). They already have this information and it isn't from a poll. It is precisely correct. The only question, subject to inaccuracy, they ask is how frequently you cruise and I perhaps what cruise lines.

This poll is useless to Celebrity except to the extent that maybe it is a reflection of those that post here and Celebrity can get an idea whether the posters here are representative of their demographic customers. Even so, I would take what is written here with a heavy does of salt as generally it is the disgruntled minority that is most vocal.

I'd like to see a poll category choice that is 70+. Lots of us on Transatlantics and other 14+ day cruises. Remember, 70 is the new 60. We're nowhere ready to stop traveling. Our joint replacements give us many more years.