Hurricane Matthew

Travelcat2

For all i feel for the people that are affected by the hurricane i'm not sure this is the place for it.

It would be good to hear if any changes had been made to the Regent schedules if anyone had the information.

Pam.

I disagree. I too want any CC member that is affected by this hurricane to be safe.

I disagree. I too want any CC member that is affected by this hurricane to be safe.

Thanks Dan but why are many Regent threads deleted and a non Regent one stays?

Isn't there a general CC thread that would cover this area?

Thanks.

Pam.

• Administrators

Isn't there a general CC thread that would cover this area?

Thanks.

Pam.

No, there isn't a general well being thread/post/forum. This is just fine where it is; as a matter of fact, it is more than welcome.

Plus, since you're asking about policy, your post is off-topic for this discussion.

My wife and I live in Vero Beach,FL which will suffer heavy damage from this storm. We evacuated last night to to the west coast of FL. Now we wait ,and hope we have a home to return to. We greatly appreciate your kind thoughts and words.

Bob &Linda

Looks like Matthew going to be delivering an old fashion whoppin' to the south east coast. Prayers for all and hope the locals take this storm seriously, my younger brother is among them. Luckily all the cruise lines have notice and are staying away from the areas under attack from Mother Nature.

She put a hurting on Haiti and probably the Bahamas. Those folks will need help to rebuild.

My wife and I live in Vero Beach,FL which will suffer heavy damage from this storm. We evacuated last night to to the west coast of FL. Now we wait ,and hope we have a home to return to. We greatly appreciate your kind thoughts and words.

Bob &Linda

Stay safe and prayers to all in the affected areas.

Bob &Linda

Bob & Linda: Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and all others in Matthew's path. We hope to be neighbors in the not too distant future as we would love to retire in the Vero Beach area. We live in Pembroke Pines and were spared with only rain and winds.

Jackie: kudos for starting this thread.

Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1

Our prayers and positive thoughts are going to everyone affected by Hurricane Matthew. Wishing for the hurricane to make a sharp turn out to sea and disappear.[/quoteG

Greetings from South Beach, Travelcat2. How nice of you to start this thread. I second the idea of prayers for those hit by Matthew. May they also receive all needed support from the community quickly. This can be the worst month for hurricanes, so a few prayers that this be the only one can't hurt.

We live in Zone A, Miami Beach, an area that can expect the worst in a hurricane. The southernmost tip of the Beach, and only a few blocks wide, 140 mile an hour winds would not be fun. We were set to experience a tropical storm, so there were no calls for evacuation. Stay safe.

Mary

No, there isn't a general well being thread/post/forum. This is just fine where it is; as a matter of fact, it is more than welcome.

Plus, since you're asking about policy, your post is off-topic for this discussion.

I agree Laura, kind thoughts should always be welcome on all the boards.

I am currently on the Mariner (Montreal - NYC) and we just heard that the Boston port was cancelled. 18 ft waves and 60 mph winds are forecast for Sun night as we turn around Cape Cod going toward Newport RI from Boston. Thus we cannot risk those bad sea conditions so we are going straight to Newport, RI. Even though Matthew is way south, the combination of a local high pressure and low pressure hitting each other is predicted to cause bad seas.

Does anyone know if Regent offers any compensation for missed ports and excursions in the case of bad weather? Probably not when acts of God cause the problem.

Rick

I am currently on the Mariner (Montreal - NYC) and we just heard that the Boston port was cancelled. 18 ft waves and 60 mph winds are forecast for Sun night as we turn around Cape Cod going toward Newport RI from Boston. Thus we cannot risk those bad sea conditions so we are going straight to Newport, RI. Even though Matthew is way south, the combination of a local high pressure and low pressure hitting each other is predicted to cause bad seas.

Does anyone know if Regent offers any compensation for missed ports and excursions in the case of bad weather? Probably not when acts of God cause the problem.

Rick

What a sad world we live in when people look for compensation when the cruise line is doing what it can to ensure the passengers, crew and ship are kept safe. Why not just enjoy your holiday and see what new options open up on the cruise?

You will more than likely not get off in Newport. This is a tender port and I believe it will be too rough.

This was an Act of God and there is no compensation for lost anything because of the hurricane. We have had this happen three times at this time of the year and although we dearly love the ports, we don't go in the fall for this very reason.

Rick

I am from the UK and can't understand the American way of asking for compensation for everything. Not flaming you in person but it seems a general rule. If you look in the small print of your voyage there is something that says that cruise lines are able to change itinerary at any time for whatever reason. This is for all cruise lines. Hope this helps and hope you enjoyed your cruise.

You will more than likely not get off in Newport. This is a tender port and I believe it will be too rough.

This was an Act of God and there is no compensation for lost anything because of the hurricane. We have had this happen three times at this time of the year and although we dearly love the ports, we don't go in the fall for this very reason.

I'm afraid also, Caroldoll, that we won't be tendering in Newport tomorrow. I'm on this cruise, with my sister who lives in Boston, and she was suppose to debark in Boston. Now they are telling her she can debark tomorrow in Newport and her husband intends to pick her up there. We are both thinking she will be on till NYC and will have to scramble to arrange transportation back to Boston.

We have had cancelled ports many many times, it is what it is. The safety of crew and passenger is of utmost importance to Regent, and in general any cruise line. One should not expect compensation for the cruise line doing its job and taking the safety of everyone as first priority.

We live in Williamsburg VA, and Mathew hit us harder than expected, we were out of power for 16 hours or so, just now only got our internet back....don't expect any compensation from either the power company or Cox, it is what it is......we are just grateful to have our power back.

We live in Williamsburg VA, and Mathew hit us harder than expected, we were out of power for 16 hours or so, just now only got our internet back....don't expect any compensation from either the power company or Cox, it is what it is......we are just grateful to have our power back.

JoAnn,

Glad to hear you all made it through the storm with little problems. We never know what is going to happen with these storms.

My original message is now modified - we are now going straight to NYC and dock a day early and completely missing Newport. Regarding my comment about compensation: We are not taking 2 excursions and Regent now does not have to pay for 2 port tax fees - could they give us some of that money back as an onboard credit. At least give us an excursion in NYC.

I was not asking for part of the cruise fare to be returned.

Rick