What is better on Celebrity now?

LabGuy64

We have always enjoyed 'Formal nights' on P&O, it's a shame Celebrity don't do them - does that mean I can't wear my beautiful new long dress!! Boo hop!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, you can still dress up as in the past. We have only experienced one cruise since the introduction of Chic Nights and, on that very limited sample, I think people dressed better overall. Those who wanted formal still did formal but there were fewer who really dressed down (to make a protest about not doing formal?).

Edited by Project_gal

I think that Celebrity has listened to the TA 's & its customer base to improve its product. Eleven years ago we started sailing with Celebrity & have been loyal since listening to customer reviews on this forum & others. If a Celebrity sailing does not fit our needs them we take a land adventure to cover the itinerary we desire. Like South Africa...

Thru the years we have seen many changes...

Most improved is the buffet on both M & S class ships

More speciality restaurants to choose from

Beverage packages available

Like pre-paid gratitutes

Getting rid of the curtains in the showers

More available extra storage in most cabins

The mix passengers who travel on Celebrity & lack of children

Things we don't like...

Getting rid of formal nights... Okay for the Caribbean not for other cruises

Lack of live music around the ship... a live piano player likes Micheal's used to have before being available only Suite guests

Seems less live music available on sea days

Miss the the special lunch buffet/ brunch with ice sculptures in MDR

Music in the forum is too loud & confined

Cellar Masters is a joke with lack of personnel & machines not working

Ship available excursions are too expensive

Overall our experiences have been quite good & we look for the positive in every experience. We are able to adjust to every circumstance. After-all we our on holiday & just want to enjoy ourselves & shipmates.

John

I think the best change for the better Celebrity has made is giving us more choices for dinner. When we first sailed Celebrity in 1995, from 6 to 10 PM, you ate in the main restaurant (not counting room service), or you didn't eat. Now there are specialty restaurants, pizza, Bistro on 5 (now Sushi on 5), and the buffet.

I think the best change for the better Celebrity has made is giving us more choices for dinner. When we first sailed Celebrity in 1995, from 6 to 10 PM, you ate in the main restaurant (not counting room service), or you didn't eat. Now there are specialty restaurants, pizza, Bistro on 5 (now Sushi on 5), and the buffet.

Which was why they could strictly enforce the dress codes.

Hate dressing up on vacation. Happy that the formal nights are gone. They were really gone even before Celebrity introduced chic nights. Just look around. Many guests did dress up. Many guests did their own thing. Celebrity is going with the crowd.

Food remains good. Menus need to be redone. I have seen the same menus too many times.

I think that Celebrity has listened to the TA 's & its customer base to improve its product. Eleven years ago we started sailing with Celebrity & have been loyal since listening to customer reviews on this forum & others. If a Celebrity sailing does not fit our needs them we take a land adventure to cover the itinerary we desire. Like South Africa...

Thru the years we have seen many changes...

Most improved is the buffet on both M & S class ships

More speciality restaurants to choose from

Beverage packages available

Like pre-paid gratitutes

Getting rid of the curtains in the showers

More available extra storage in most cabins

The mix passengers who travel on Celebrity & lack of children

Things we don't like...

Getting rid of formal nights... Okay for the Caribbean not for other cruises

Lack of live music around the ship... a live piano player likes Micheal's used to have before being available only Suite guests

Seems less live music available on sea days

Miss the the special lunch buffet/ brunch with ice sculptures in MDR

Music in the forum is too loud & confined

Cellar Masters is a joke with lack of personnel & machines not working

Ship available excursions are too expensive

Overall our experiences have been quite good & we look for the positive in every experience. We are able to adjust to every circumstance. After-all we our on holiday & just want to enjoy ourselves & shipmates.

John

Agree with everything you stated. Would like to expand on the Michaels Club issue. Everytime I walk by there now there are no more than five to ten people inside. When it was a piano lounge, particularly when Perry Grant was aboard, the room was jammed and jamming. Was a waste of a great space.

Really appreciate your response to my ideas.

I totally agree with you about Michaels & miss the old days.

I believe that one should be entitled to perks when sailing in a suite. ( which we have not done, just your standard balcony cabin )

However since the changes in Michael's, the room is never filled with those of us who enjoyed the piano & the pleasant atmosphere. Perhaps it is time Celebrity took notice & provided more piano music throughout the ship, especially on sea days.

John