Formal Nights in the Specialty Resturants

jormot

What is the policy for dining in the specialty restaurants during formal evenings? We would rather not get dressed up but don't want to eat in the buffet. Not that we won't dress nicely but not formal per se.

What is the policy for dining in the specialty restaurants during formal evenings? We would rather not get dressed up but don't want to eat in the buffet. Not that we won't dress nicely but not formal per se.

It's casual.

It's casual all the time. Jeans & a polo will do nicely.

It's "smart casual." and considering that many are celebrating special occasions there, you might want to consider something better than jeans even on non-formal nights. If you want to go totally casual, there's the Horizon and the poolside venues. Not trying to be the fashion police, but realistic. If you're going to a really nice restaurant on land where people celebrate (and it's not a chain restaurant), many people get a bit more spiffy, right?

It's "smart casual." and considering that many are celebrating special occasions there' date=' you might want to consider something better than jeans even on non-formal nights. If you want to go totally casual, there's the Horizon and the poolside venues. Not trying to be the fashion police, but realistic. If you're going to a really nice restaurant on land where people celebrate (and it's not a chain restaurant), many people get a bit more spiffy, right?[/quote']

Yes, it might be called "smart casual" but I call it casual & as long as they allow me to wear jeans & a polo, that's what I'll doing.

If people are celebrating something special they'll be to interested in their own affairs to concern themselves on what I'll be wearing. If dressing up would please them more they would be better off sticking to the main dining room where most people do follow the Princess dress standards.

btw- on formal nights I rarely go to the Specialty restaurants since the meals in the DR are a notch above the normal & I wouldn't want to miss them - dressed "smart casual".

Yes, it might be called "smart casual" but I call it casual & as long as they allow me to wear jeans & a polo, that's what I'll doing.

If people are celebrating something special they'll be to interested in their own affairs to concern themselves on what I'll be wearing. If dressing up would please them more they would be better off sticking to the main dining room where most people do follow the Princess dress standards.

btw- on formal nights I rarely go to the Specialty restaurants since the meals in the DR are a notch above the normal & I wouldn't want to miss them - dressed "smart casual".

Except you, you are special.

You can dress as you please... we have decided to eat at the Crown Grill now every night, we like to dress up on formal nights... so you may see some folks like us that do and go to the Grown Grill... who cares.

Specialty restaurants (eg: CG, Sabitino's etc) are casual every night. We always go to one of them during the first formal night. Jeans and shirt (Hawaiian, polo or square cut) are what I wear. Go enjoy the food, atmosphere and dress casual. The food is really good. We prefer Sabatini's since neither of us are steak lovers.

Specialty restaurants (eg: CG, Sabitino's etc) are casual every night. We always go to one of them during the first formal night. Jeans and shirt (Hawaiian, polo or square cut) are what I wear. Go enjoy the food, atmosphere and dress casual. The food is really good. We prefer Sabatini's since neither of us are steak lovers.

It's "smart casual."

or so I've recently been told. ;);)

Smart casual(Khakis/collared shirt etc.)is fine

So, do you dress formal to do the MDR formal night meal? I can't remember when you said you EVER dressed formally.

Like I told my Grandaughter. Dress like a Tramp, people will think of you as a Tramp and probably treat you that way. Dress like a Lady, they will treat you like a Lady. Ain't my business to judge others. Don't even care. I will dress myself thank you.

Edited by WupperAV

So, do you dress formal to do the MDR formal night meal? I can't remember when you said you EVER dressed formally.

No, I dress casually for the main DR all the time. I can't remember the last time I wore a jacket to the DR.....maybe 12 years ago. I just use my old dress pants & a long sleeve dress shirt & it always works out fine on all the ships.

On my upcoming trip I'm gong to wear a short sleeve Guayabera shirt on formal nights that has been suggested by satxdiver. I bought it years ago & never really had the opportunity to utilize it.

Edited by floridalover5623

It's "smart casual." and considering that many are celebrating special occasions there' date=' you might want to consider something better than jeans even on non-formal nights. If you want to go totally casual, there's the Horizon and the poolside venues. Not trying to be the fashion police, but realistic. If you're going to a really nice restaurant on land where people celebrate (and it's not a chain restaurant), many people get a bit more spiffy, right?[/quote']

Wow now someone is pushing some sort of unknown dress code in the soecialty venues just to make unknown others feel good.

As has been stated previously jeans and polo shirts are appropriate any night in the specialty dining venues.