Airfare

Nana57

No one can answer this....fares change all the time, sometimes even hourly.

Also, we have no clue where you are flying from so we can't even suggest airlines that might not be found on the various internet booking engines.

It is always a crap shoot on airfares but my own rule of thumb for domestic fares is in the 3 months to 6 months window is where I find the best fares. That said, as soon as you book your cruise look at airfares and if it looks good, grab it. I usually do a few searches to get a baseline for the routes I am looking at.

Thank you. We are flying from NY to Miami.

Suggest you look into flying into Fort Lauderdale. There are more frequent and cheaper flights. You can also get reasonable transfers to ship and back with SAS shuttles.

We have a cruise plannned for late June. When should we book our airfare? We leave from Miami.

This is a popular route. I would wait airlines implement their final schedules...about Feb timeframe. On the JFK MIA route American sometimes schedules a 777 aircraft to position it to MIA from NY...listed as 77w as aircraft type. In those scenarios you can book a business class lie flat bed for coach price...right now about $250 round trip...still get coach service but an amazing seat. I'd keep an eye on it a couple times a week as the date gets closer. Also watch for Jet Blue sales!

We have a cruise plannned for late June. When should we book our airfare? We leave from Miami.

We usually book as soon as the flights are available, which is around 330 days out. Remember, that is from your return flight date. I use Google Flights for research, however you won't find some airlines there, like Southwest which I don't fly anyway. Google Flights allows you to save searches and it will map prices daily if you want to wait and watch them.

I would also check flights to FLL since it's in the area. You'll have a longer cab ride, but if it saves enough it might be worthwhile.