Looking for reviews of room service charge items.

crusinpsychRN

We were on the Pride and JH was on the ship and when he was doing a Q and A he announced hot items for room service and didnt bother to say they were to be paid for.

Thought that was rather disengenuous and will not pay for room service items as a result.

Not sure what it has to do with the question' date=' but for the sake of the discussion, did he say that you did not have to pay for it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband I are both big room service fans. Free and low-cost room service is one of the reasons we like Carnival, though we don't mind paying the small upcharges for certain items. (I do miss the fajita sandwich and the old shrimp sandwich, sadly...) We've tried just about everything on the new paid menu.

Our thoughts:

1. Wings -- We've had the Caribbean Jerk and Buffalo. These are good-ish. We're picky about wings, and I'd say we both ranked them as basic and good. We preferred the Jerk. The Buffalo sauce was too sweet and not spicy enough (the Jerk is still not spicy to us, but not so sweet). Rare for things to be spicy enough for us, so that's part of the issue with wings not being amazing.

2. Chicken tenders -- These are good and the dipping sauces are good (they'll give you both if you ask for them). Nice with fries for a late night snack. Nothing special but better than the ones some ships have on Lido in my opinion (though perhaps only because fresher?).

3. Firecracker shrimp -- Too much breading for my taste, but the dip is tasty and the shrimp was OK. Nothing special. We've only gotten once and never felt compelled to get again.

3. Quesadilla -- We thought this was really good and ordered it a few time. We always crave nachos onboard and there aren't any available very often! So this is the closest we could get sometimes.

4. Philly Cheese Steak -- A TON of meat (I picked some off) and a pretty decent sandwich, though it's steak sandwich quality for sure and not a proper steak. More like roast beef. I wasn't in love with it because I'm picky about meat and there wasn't enough cheese to my taste, but my husband ate the rest of it and really enjoyed it.

5. Fries -- We really love the sweet potato fries and the regular fries are good too.

Honestly, we use room service the MOST for the BLT and chocolate cake, but now we sometimes add the extra $1.50-2 for fries. The wings and chicken fingers are good late night snacks, especially if my husband needs something a little more substantial than a BLT.

I wouldn't bother with the shrimp as it's too much breading, too little shrimp, but everything else is good for what it is (so is the shrimp, I guess, I'm not partial to fried shrimp though I love seafood and shrimp in other ways).

Edited by berrieh

My husband I are both big room service fans. Free and low-cost room service is one of the reasons we like Carnival, though we don't mind paying the small upcharges for certain items. (I do miss the fajita sandwich and the old shrimp sandwich, sadly...) We've tried just about everything on the new paid menu.

Our thoughts:

1. Wings -- We've had the Caribbean Jerk and Buffalo. These are good-ish. We're picky about wings, and I'd say we both ranked them as basic and good. We preferred the Jerk. The Buffalo sauce was too sweet and not spicy enough (the Jerk is still not spicy to us, but not so sweet). Rare for things to be spicy enough for us, so that's part of the issue with wings not being amazing.

2. Chicken tenders -- These are good and the dipping sauces are good (they'll give you both if you ask for them). Nice with fries for a late night snack. Nothing special but better than the ones some ships have on Lido in my opinion (though perhaps only because fresher?).

3. Firecracker shrimp -- Too much breading for my taste, but the dip is tasty and the shrimp was OK. Nothing special. We've only gotten once and never felt compelled to get again.

3. Quesadilla -- We thought this was really good and ordered it a few time. We always crave nachos onboard and there aren't any available very often! So this is the closest we could get sometimes.

4. Philly Cheese Steak -- A TON of meat (I picked some off) and a pretty decent sandwich, though it's steak sandwich quality for sure and not a proper steak. More like roast beef. I wasn't in love with it because I'm picky about meat and there wasn't enough cheese to my taste, but my husband ate the rest of it and really enjoyed it.

5. Fries -- We really love the sweet potato fries and the regular fries are good too.

Honestly, we use room service the MOST for the BLT and chocolate cake, but now we sometimes add the extra $1.50-2 for fries. The wings and chicken fingers are good late night snacks, especially if my husband needs something a little more substantial than a BLT.

I wouldn't bother with the shrimp as it's too much breading, too little shrimp, but everything else is good for what it is (so is the shrimp, I guess, I'm not partial to fried shrimp though I love seafood and shrimp in other ways).

Great review! Thanks for posting.

Our thoughts:

Best review I have seen of the new room service items....thanks

Not sure what it has to do with the question, but for the sake of the discussion, did he say that you did not have to pay for it?

I should not have made that post but whats done is done but since you have asked.

He got a round of applause after he made the announcement of hot items and moved on. He should have pointed out the pay part. Very misleading IMHO.

I should not have made that post but whats done is done but since you have asked.

He got a round of applause after he made the announcement of hot items and moved on. He should have pointed out the pay part. Very misleading IMHO.

While I might disagree (at least on the disingenuous part as being more than being the best assessment of what JH said, yours is yours and I understand your view. We have dragged it off topic enough...and now now back to your original programming......

OK trying to make sure I understand. Is everything pay and not free? How much is the room service? I saw where she said fries are about $1.50 to two dollars.

There are free items and paid for items. I know the breakfast menu is free but not sure about the rest but Berrieh has pointed out at least 5 paid for items.

Thanks Buckeye;

But I have to ask. Are you on board now or do you actually take pictures of the menu when you do.

Welcome

No, not onboard. I just went to the PDFs that Carnival has online of the menus and did screenshots on my phone

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2248/~/24-hour-room-service

Edited by BuckeyeCruiseGuy

OK trying to make sure I understand. Is everything pay and not free? How much is the room service? I saw where she said fries are about $1.50 to two dollars.

I only reviewed the paid items (as that was the question) but we've tried basically everything except the PB&J. On the free menu, the best items remaining (some good ones were removed sadly....for us the pay items make up for them and we would take this menu over the last as a whole. But some are missed).....

BLT.... We always get this at least once, they are some of the best BLTs I've had.

The grilled cheese has always tasted amazing at night, the chocolate cake is a must order, and we really like the vegetable platter. My husband likes the Caesar salad but I prefer a Caesar to taste of anchovy a bit and it does not.

The tuna is just okay, my husband likes the turkey, and neither of us liked the Reuben at all, even my husband who really thought he would.

We are not fans of the potato salad or coleslaw and always get chips now.

We tend to mix it up now and get some free items and one paid item and share it all. The paid items are very large (for us) and the free items more normal sized but still slightly large.

The smoked salmon bagel and cream cheese is gone?? [emoji35]

Smoked salmon is gone from the room service breakfast menu.

The bagel with salmon and cream cheese is still available at breakfast and brunch in the MDR and at the deli (once it opens). Some people have also reported success requesting smoked salmon at the breakfast buffet.

Smoked salmon is gone from the room service breakfast menu.

The bagel with salmon and cream cheese is still available at breakfast and brunch in the MDR and at the deli (once it opens). Some people have also reported success requesting smoked salmon at the breakfast buffet.

We miss the smoked salmon that was why we would order breakfast from room service