RCI Chops Grille vs Celebrity Tuscan Grille - your thoughts?

Hi guys,

Have you tried both of these specialty restaurants?

Celebrity's Tuscan Grille is one of my favourites, absolutely love the filet Mignon.

How does the standard of food compare in Royal's Chops Grille? Are the steaks to the same quality?

Thank you!

Edited by LuckiePuris

Tuscan is my favorite of RCCL, Celebrity and Carnival. The steaks in Chops and Tuscan are comparable but the apps, soups and sides are much better in Tuscan. But definitley try Chops.

Thanks for your feedback. It's a shame there's no steak tartare in Chops however will definitely give it a try for the steaks.

Thanks again for your time :)

Last three trips to Chops, we were not happy with our steaks. They seemed to just lack good steak flavor. Having said that, we found on our sailing last week that other non steak menu items were pretty good. We were offered BOGO to chops onboard.

I loved Tuscan Grill on Celebrity. Excellent dining experience. Chops Grill has, in recent years, been hit and miss for us.

I was going to post the same thing. Chops used to be a favorite, but we've noticed a decline on our last couple of RC cruises. Sailed with X for the first time this year and loved Tuscan Grill.

Have eaten at Tuscan Grille on most of our Celebrity cruises and love their food and service. Have eaten at Chops to two Royal cruises and it would rate it ok. For a real treat eat at Muranos on Celebrity.

I somewhat favor Tuscan Grille over Chops but have also found differences in quality depending on the ship. Both are good but neither offer steaks the quality and flavor of a top-quality land-based steakhouse. One of your options is to pay more $$ and order a dry-aged steak - both Chops and TG have them. Expensive-yes but if you want the finest steak it is worth it.

Thanks all for your feedback.

We loved the specialty restaurants on Celebrity and was hoping to enjoy the specialty restaurants on Explorer however by my research, I don't think I'll now bother.

For hit and miss - I don't think it's worth missing a night in the main dining room. If anything can you still order a chops steak in the main dining room at a surcharge?

Giovannis looks okay however coming from an Italian background, if I can eat similar to that at home, I'd rather not make a booking.

I loved Izumi on Radiance and will definitely go back to this one.