Fiction or ??

Renmar

There's only one thing better than bacon....... its more bacon.

Unless it is the under-cooked, greasy mess that they serve on Carnival. Princess, on the other hand, is usually very good. Especially when it is crispy as it usually is. ;)

BTW, actually heard at the visitor's center on the top of the volcano in Maui from a ship excursion participant: "The volcano isn't even active. This trip was a waste of money!" A few people who overheard it got a chuckle.

Edited by ar1950

<<...Owning a home in another country doesn't make you a citizen. BEING one does. People born on military bases are still American just like Canadians born abroad. You should get more educated before you speak again...>>

notentirelynormal: That is not completely true. While it has been true since November 14, 1986, it was not always the case before that time. My wife was born to an American military man and his American wife back in 1950 and, once she turned 18, she had to go to court and become a Naturalized citizen because she was not considered to be an American citizen according to the law at that time. I would assume, admittedly that being a dangerous thing to do when involving law, especially when it has to do with citizenship, that once that law was changed, it was applied retroactively, but it might not be.

I'm not sure how a person today who was born overseas would go about applying for a passport without a naturalization form since they would only have a foreign birth certificate. I wouldn't think, however, that they would have to go through naturalization to get a passport so there must be some way to do it without going through that rigamarole. Ah, I was curious and looked it up. If that's the case,

"The child’s parents should contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America (CRBA) to document that the child is a U.S. citizen. If the U.S. embassy or consulate determines that the child acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, a consular officer will approve the CRBA application and the Department of State will issue a CRBA, also called a Form FS-240, in the child’s name."

Dang, but curiosity is sometimes a real pain. :p

So now we're all "more educated."

Tom

Jesus! Shut this post down and start again..... the last 2 pages are totally out of line with the OP. Take your Canadian/US rivalry elsewhere, here's a tip, start another post so you can bag each other in peace.

I'm done with it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Unless it is the under-cooked, greasy mess that they serve on Carnival. Princess, on the other hand, is usually very good. Especially when it is crispy as it usually is. ;)

BTW, actually heard at the visitor's center on the top of the volcano in Maui from a ship excursion participant: "The volcano isn't even active. This trip was a waste of money!" A few people who overheard it got a chuckle.

Sorry Princess have all types, crispy, soft, maple flavour, last cruise one day I counted

American

British

Canadian

Bacon (no prefix)

Slab bacon

Bacon bits

But still one lady complained about bacon.

There was this time when, after embarkation, my DH and I went to Horizon Court to get lunch, and the only table available was a table for six. We seated ourselves, with the intention of asking others to to be seated also, when two couples walked past. One of the women looked at us and said, very loudly, "I cannot believe that two people would take up a table for six!"

My manners disappeared.

There was this time when, after embarkation, my DH and I went to Horizon Court to get lunch, and the only table available was a table for six. We seated ourselves, with the intention of asking others to to be seated also, when two couples walked past. One of the women looked at us and said, very loudly, "I cannot believe that two people would take up a table for six!"

My manners disappeared.

Now thats awesome

Sorry Princess have all types, crispy, soft, maple flavour, last cruise one day I counted

American

British

Canadian

Bacon (no prefix)

Slab bacon

Bacon bits

But still one lady complained about bacon.

Princess does indeed have multiple types of bacon but I find their "American" bacon to be really lame. Good bacon is a wonder of nature. Princess bacon is "meh" to say the least. I put up with it because, after all, I am getting to cruise and I understand it's made for an idiotic amount of people but it will never be something I think of as good bacon.

Note: Never order "4" when getting bacon for room service breakfast. I wanted 4 pieces of bacon, what I got was enough for 4 bacon-crazed people! D'Oh!

Never order "4" when getting bacon for room service breakfast. I wanted 4 pieces of bacon, what I got was enough for 4 bacon-crazed people! D'Oh!

Isn't it just awful how one gets such poor service ! :eek:

Isn't it nice to be back to the OP's topic?:)

Edited by spearmint

Isn't it just awful how one gets such poor service ! :eek:

Isn't it nice to be back to the OP's topic?:)

I tried with my brief story about the lady at the volcano. It got lost in the bacon discussion. My mistake for leading with the bacon comment.

I tried with my brief story about the lady at the volcano. It got lost in the bacon discussion. My mistake for leading with the bacon comment.

That right it is your fault about the beacon comment. Now let's talk about the butter being given out one pad at a time. :D :D

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Jesus! Shut this post down and start again..... the last 2 pages are totally out of line with the OP. Take your Canadian/US rivalry elsewhere, here's a tip, start another post so you can bag each other in peace.

I'm done with it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Sorry, didn't mean to go so far astray and raise the ire of some. My apologies. :(

Tom

This is not a Princess story so I hope I'll be excused. But it is a true story that I experienced.

My DH and I were sailing on a very small ship ... 80 pax. With this line you came in the night before and slept on the ship tied to the dock, sailing in the morning.

During breakfast that first morning we see a couple leaving. Why we inquired?

The boat was too rocky! And we were still tied to the dock!!!

One wonders what people who go sailing expect :confused:

Sorry, didn't mean to go so far astray and raise the ire of some. My apologies. :(

Tom

I don't think you were the one who started it. ;) A bacon question that might be slightly OT: have they started rationing it in the buffet like they do on Carnival? Someone told me that happened to them.

I, too, am furious at Princess. Just got off the Star after 15 days and discovered their laundry has shrunk ALL my clothes. Even the ones I didn't take. It's disgraceful! Can I claim for this on Princess Insurance??!!

Love, love, love this one[emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't think you were the one who started it. ;) A bacon question that might be slightly OT: have they started rationing it in the buffet like they do on Carnival? Someone told me that happened to them.

Vista has bacon police in the lido buffets but not at the taste bar.

The first thing I read this morning was from the person complaining that Princess' laundry had shrunk all of her clothes ... even the ones she didn't take.

Thank you for that! You started my day off with a laugh.

We're leaving in 5 weeks on a 15-day cruise on the Star. I will be sure to watch the "laundry." :)

Cheers,

Sam

Princess does indeed have multiple types of bacon but I find their "American" bacon to be really lame. Good bacon is a wonder of nature. Princess bacon is "meh" to say the least. I put up with it because, after all, I am getting to cruise and I understand it's made for an idiotic amount of people but it will never be something I think of as good bacon.

Note: Never order "4" when getting bacon for room service breakfast. I wanted 4 pieces of bacon, what I got was enough for 4 bacon-crazed people! D'Oh!

This same thing happened to my Wife. She wanted 5 Slices of Bacon. She received 5 orders. She still breaks out laughing when she tells someone about this.

Bob