Gluten Pill

Just heard a pull has been released to allow those with coeliac disease to consume gluten, could be a real godsend to many, if it works without side effects.

Morning Mr Gut, have to check into this, me being a Coeliac, would love a beer and a meat pies and a pizza, but cannot.

Morning Mr Gut, have to check into this, me being a Coeliac, would love a beer and a meat pies and a pizza, but cannot.

Yeah mate, Miss Gut is pretty excited, she isn't full blown, just intolerant but it would make a world of difference to her so for you a world changer.

A third trial still underway, but looking promising. It would be so exciting to not have to worry about cross contamination! I don't want to count my chickens, but talk about a happy pill for we coeliacs! :D

That seems to be what it's about, not letting people break the diet willy nilly, but protecting from accidental consumption.

Edited by GUT2407

Yeah mate, Miss Gut is pretty excited, she isn't full blown, just intolerant but it would make a world of difference to her so for you a world changer.

Mine is fairly intolerant at times, nothing to do with her insides just her nature.:rolleyes:

Yes, exactly, Mr Gut.

Nothing worse than doing your best to be gluten free, and finding some oaf in the kitchen has contaminated your meal, so you've just eaten some awful GF thing (as some are) for no good reason! I always feel so cheated when that happens :(

*disclaimer: I have eaten some absolutely wonderful gf meals. There just seems to be a correlation between disappointing gf food and cross contamination :rolleyes: Go figure!

GluteGuard is the product being discussed here. It was released for sale today after much research over a decade by scientists from Royal Melbourne University. Cost is $44 for pack of 60. It is a dietary supplement, not a cure for Coeliac Disease, like some of us have. Derived from the papaya fruit, you take one tablet with a meal that may contain gluten, eg the protein found wheat, barley, oats and rye.

Will I try it, so I can eat real cruise food next month? Yes, if I can get a pack on line or from the chemist. It is across the counter, not prescription. As I said I am a medically diagnosed Coeliac and it does not take much gluten eaten by mistake or misinformation to make me crook as Rookwood.

http://www.gluteguard.com

Edited by NSWP

GluteGuard is the product being discussed here. It was released for sale today @ $44 for pack of 60. It is a dietary supplement, not a cure for Coeliac Disease, like some of us have. Derived from the papaya fruit.

Will I try it, so I can eat real cruise food next month? Yes, if I can get a pack on line or from the chemitst. It is across the counter, not prescription.

Thanks Les that sounds like the one, I'll let Miss Gut know, it can't hurt to try, if it gives a bit of extra protection.

No, Uncle Les, this won't help you.

The Coeliac Society is warning members that GluteGuard is not suitable for coeliacs.

I've seen several conflicting reports about this today, the first one not naming the product, which got my hopes up :( Having read several more articles, I'm back to being sad about cross contamination. Sigh. Aren't we lucky cruise lines are really good about getting the gf thing right?

And hooray for the edit function when you're a bit of a dill. More sigh.

14725471_10210829310867273_3685718818073686649_n.jpg.a9196e44cc293ea547508f67cd5eefb0.jpg

Edited by Susie001
adding remark

As I said I am a medically diagnosed Coeliac and it does not take much gluten eaten by mistake or misinformation to make me crook as Rookwood.

Gawd, Les, I havn't heard the saying "Crook as Rookwood for years:p

I am not medically diagnosed with Coeliac, but feel much better not eating inflammatory foods like wheat, oats, grains and limited dairy.

Has helped allergies and chronic issues.

Hope it works for you

GluteGuard is the product being discussed here. It was released for sale today after much research over a decade by scientists from Royal Melbourne University. Cost is $44 for pack of 60. It is a dietary supplement, not a cure for Coeliac Disease, like some of us have. Derived from the papaya fruit, you take one tablet with a meal that may contain gluten, eg the protein found wheat, barley, oats and rye.

Will I try it, so I can eat real cruise food next month? Yes, if I can get a pack on line or from the chemist. It is across the counter, not prescription. As I said I am a medically diagnosed Coeliac and it does not take much gluten eaten by mistake or misinformation to make me crook as Rookwood.

There is no coming back from being that crook. Make sure you try it on something mild or slightly glutton before the cruise.

Gawd, Les, I havn't heard the saying "Crook as Rookwood for years:p

I am not medically diagnosed with Coeliac, but feel much better not eating inflammatory foods like wheat, oats, grains and limited dairy.

Has helped allergies and chronic issues.

Hope it works for you

That's how the daughter is.

Thanks Chez, just done a bit of 'Detective Work' myself, as you have done, on this product. Eating gluten even with the magic pill could still cause damage to us and it has taken 5 years repair me. Still have flareups. Yes lucky the cruise lines can give us some edible gf tucker these days. I can live without the wheat, oats, barley and rye, but no dairy no problems. If I had to give up cheese, ice cream etc, I would not exist, I mean to say what else could I wash the red wine down with, other than a nice vintage cheddar?

I am pleased to hear avoiding gluten make you feel a bit better. If you drank some cider and red wine, daily in moderate doses, that is good medicine too.

As for the phrase 'Crook as Rookwood,' don't forget Uncle Les is a Dinosaur. Anyway... 'I am gone to Gowings. and off 'Like a Bondi Tram.' 'Oo Roo.

Edited by NSWP