Embarkment dinner as Suite passenger

azgrandmax3

We have been upgraded to a Penthouse suite (feel like we have won the lottery). I understand we are entitled to specialty restaurant the first evening as a guest of Princess.

My question is how will this work. Do I need to make reservations as I do other evenings. Or just show up? Thanks for your help.

We have been upgraded to a Penthouse suite (feel like we have won the lottery). I understand we are entitled to specialty restaurant the first evening as a guest of Princess.

My question is how will this work. Do I need to make reservations as I do other evenings. Or just show up? Thanks for your help.

Yes, you do need to make a reservation. Don't forget breakfast at Sabatinis!

That's a very nice perk. You can just Show Up every morning if you want to. You will need your cruise card to identify you as a suite guest. :)

Thank you for quick reply. We are so looking forward to the perks of this upgrade. Being a 28 day cruise we will be spoiled. Is the Sabatini brk everyday or just sea days? Are the brks on all ships? We will be on the Royal.

Yes, you do need to make a reservation. Don't forget breakfast at Sabatinis!

That's a very nice perk. You can just Show Up every morning if you want to. You will need your cruise card to identify you as a suite guest. :)

We only had to show the card the first time, they remembered us after that.

Thats the perk we liked best.

As for the complimentary specialty restaurant on embarkation night you can choose any of the specialty restaurants on your ship... just call DINE to schedule, it's a nice perk but what you don't want to miss is the Mimosa Breakfasts' at Sabatini's! Like you, we were upgraded to a suite many, many cruises ago. Sabatini's breakfast has since "forced" us to book only suites from that cruise on!!

You can also request a different night. It doesn't have to be embarkation day.

That would be great. I would like to switch it to a couple of days later, which is our anniversary. (Plus, I would like to go to dinner in the MDR on the 1st night of our 13-nighter to see how our table location works out and to meet the waiter.)

Thanks for this. Didn't realize you could go a different night.

Do you need to make the reservation on the first day onboard, and can you wait and make the reservation later in the cruise? I'm thinking it might be a good option for an evening when the MDR menu doesn't look appealing.

Thanks for this. Didn't realize you could go a different night.

Do you need to make the reservation on the first day onboard, and can you wait and make the reservation later in the cruise? I'm thinking it might be a good option for an evening when the MDR menu doesn't look appealing.

You should call the dine line when you board to find out your options. Some ships stick to the first night only rule for the suite specialty dinner and others are flexible, so better to be safe than lose out on this benefit.

Not true. It depends on the ship and who is in charge. That use to be the case but they have change things the past two years. We did 5 cruises in suites last year and we were only able to change it to a different night on two of the cruises. And that was a b2b so we had the same head waiter and we knew him from other cruises.

Edited by compozer

Not true. It depends on the ship and who is in charge. That use to be the case but they have change things the past two years. We did 5 cruises in suites last year and we were only able to change it to a different night on two of the cruises. And that was a b2b so we had the same head waiter and we knew him from other cruises.

I agree with the above. It totally depends on the ship.

Mike:)