Favorite classic package cocktail?

CruiserN1

Use to love the tequila sunrise, very moreish

but last cruise they really watered down the orange juice and spoiled the drink completely

It must have been policy as every time i tried them they were the same

I only realized they make up the juice from concentrated powder when i saw them doing it at the sunset bar one day, they even topped up with more water after they had served some customers, making it even weaker

Is it a Colorado Bulldog? Kahlua, cola, milk and vodka?

Yes, it's heavy but I like it...sometimes I ask for cream instead of milk just to up my calorie intake

Is it the same thing as a Painkiller? Rum, Pineapple juice, cream of coconut and orange juice?

This sounds good too, maybe I will try that on my next cruise.

My wife upgrades and likes martinis like lemon drop, anything chocolate. On Constellation they had fabulous bartenders in Martini bar.. Made her anything she wanted..Of course you would have to upgrade to premium. I stay with classic and am pretty basic with a crown and 7 up or vodka and 7up..sometimes a Bloody Mary in the a.m. Just enjoy the variety and sample..

Enjoy the cruise...

The absolute BEST strawberry daiquiris I've ever had have been on Celebrity ships! Next best is the banana daiquiri and peach daiquiri. I have child-like tastes I guess. :o They remind me of slushees. :D

We always upgrade to the Premium package so it doesn't matter what we order. That being said, I must agree that the strawberry daiquiris on the Solstice were the best I've ever had!

Saw it mentioned, and my daughter loves them - am going to try a Miami Vice this time. Strawberry Daiquiri and Pina Colada poured together. how can you go wrong?

Cheryl

husbands favorite is margarita on the rocks

$10 per person per day.

With gratuity it's $11.80 per day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Basically the price of a martini! I figure if I have a martini a day, I got my money's worth in the upgrade and if I have two...:D

You might also like a kir royale (champagne and traditionally creme de cassis [black currant] though X uses Chambord [black raspberry]).

Basically the price of a martini! I figure if I have a martini a day, I got my money's worth in the upgrade and if I have two...:D

You might also like a kir royale (champagne and traditionally creme de cassis [black currant] though X uses Chambord [black raspberry]).

I'm going to upgrade so I can get vitamin water and red bull. I'm not a coffee drinker, but like caffeine in the morning and the vitamin waters help a lot on long port days to rejuvenate yourself.

The added scotch and whiskey selection is just a bonus for me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Do they ever off better promotions onboard to upgrade to premium?

I think I would be content with the classic package but it does sound nice to order almost anything without a worry.

Do you tip the bartenders for each drink if you have the package?

Thanks for the tips.

I've never seen any deals onboard. But I usually wait a few days, then upgrade; you don't have to do it right away. You could try out the classic package and treat yourself later on. On a 10 or 11 day cruise I usually wait for day 5 or so to upgrade, since I'm a pretty lightweight drinker and having unfettered access to Margaritatinis for the entire cruise would land me in detox. So I enjoy having more expensive wine and a few high-dollar drinks towards the end.

Tips are not required with a package since the gratuity is included in the package price. That said, you can slip your bartender or server a buck or two if you'd like to. It's always appreciated.

On the last holiday cruise 3 years ago, they stocked Pimms. For the following 2 weeks I had Pimms muddled with any fruit my super-duper bartender had that day and topped with ginger ale. Sure hope they know I'm on board this Christmas!!

• 2 weeks later...

We had our drink package as a "free" perk when we booked our cruise. We did tip the bartenders a buck or so, especially if they served us at a table. When we were served from the bar, I would tip them every so often. I know it wasn't required but I am sure it was appreciated. We did make the most of the drink package. LOL we did run out of dollar bills quickly.

There are plenty of options available on the Classic package, but we like to upgrade for the cocktails that are exclusive on Celebrity alone. The craft cocktails in the World Bar and the new menu up in the sky bar (observation lounge) are unique and contain ingredients and infusions that can't be found elsewhere (easily, at least). I also agree that for the $10 or so per day, it is worth it for the Vitamin water and the increased selections of wine with dinner.

I have also found that the bartenders will get very creative and mix you some delicious treats when you just tell them what you are in the mood for. One of my favorites on board was a drink created for and named after one of my travel buddies, its called the Sweet Marie; Absolut citron, pineapple juice and a champagne topper, YUM!!

On our last cruise we had the classic package. One day we looked at the listing of "standard" drinks (below classic level), and decided to experiment. We ordered and shared one of everything over a four or five day period. It was so much fun. We only disliked one and found lots of fun ones.

My favorite; the Golden Cadillac

Made with cream and Galliano, not sure if there was anything else. They were delightful, creamy and served in a martini glass. About 30 days and it could be my first shipboard drink!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd collapse all of the responses into one list in case anyone wants to print it out. I'm looking forward to trying many of these on my cruise next week!

• Frozen mango daiquiri

• Pina Colada

• Mudslide

• Rob Roy (scotch, sweet vermouth, bitters)

• White Russian (vodka, kahlua, and half & half)

• Appletini (vodka, apple liquer)

• Caesar ... (like a Canadian Bloody Mary with Clam Juice, Blood Mary Mix and Vodka)

• Frozen toasted almond

• Cuba Libre (Rum & Coke)

• Miami Vice (a Pina Colada and Strawberry daiquiri poured at the same time so it is half white and half red)

• Mojito - rum, mint leaves, lime juice and simple syrup - light and refreshing.

• Blue Hawaiian - rum, blue Curacao, pineapple juice and cream of coconut.

• Strawberry Margarita - tequila, strawberry puree (or mix?), triple sec and lime juice

• Mai Tai

• Russian Quaaludes (Kahlua, Irish cream vodka Frangelico and cream)

• Pomegranate mojito

• Black Russian - Tequila, Vodka and Coffee Liquor*

• Caipirinha (Kai-pih-reen-ya) a mix of Cachaça (sort of like Brazilian white rum), lime juice, and sugar

• Painkiller (Rum, Pineapple juice, cream of coconut and orange juice)

• Gin & tonic: Tanqueray gin and tonic water with a lime wedge

• Strawberry, banana and peach daiquiri

• Old fashioned (1 sugar cube, 3 dashes of bitters, splash of water, crush the sugar, line the glass with the mixture in the cup, add 1 large ice cube, rye whiskey, and serve with a stirring rod.)*

• Grateful dead (a long Island but use cranberry instead of coke and maybe add a splash of sprite)

• Colorado Bulldog (Kahlua, cola, milk and vodka)

• Kiir royale (champagne and traditionally creme de cassis [black currant] though X uses Chambord [black raspberry]).

• Bloody Maria (like a Bloody Mary, but with tequila in lieu of vodka)

• Caribbean Mules. (difference between a Moscow mule and a Caribbean mule is Moscow uses vodka and Caribbean uses rum)

• Sweet Marie; Absolut citron, pineapple juice and a champagne topper

• Golden Cadillac*(made with cream and Galliano)