Blu questions

killsport

A few quick questions on Blu. Any help is appreciated.

1. Is there a different menu in the Caribbean than other sailings? By ship?

2. Does anyone have recent full week menus they can share or point me to (Reflection/ Caribbean if it matters)?

3. Can I order some items from the MDR menu (such as escargot) if they aren't on the Blu menu?

4. Any general thoughts on whether Blu will be varied enough (I know, VERY subjective) or if I should plan a few specialty dinners as well?

Thanks for your help!

3. Can I order some items from the MDR menu (such as escargot) if they aren't on the Blu menu?

I order the escargot and the salmon many times. All of the MDR every evening items: French onion soup, Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail and other can be ordered.

1. No

2. No, Blu has a 15 day floating menu that just continues to rotate so hard to tell what you might have during that one week. However, there will always be a lobster entree at least once on any itinerary.

3. Yes, limited items like escargot, onion soup, and a few others, ask your server.

4. The Blu menu is varied, but we always eat at a specialty rest. a couple of nights anyway because we like them.

Blu has a number of popular MDR items that aren't on the menu...onion soup, escargot, caesar salad and for dessert you can ask for berries instead of whats listed. Generally, they will not let you order a main dish from the MDR....you order from the Blu menu. As far as I know, the MDR and BLU do not change their 14/15 fixed menus for local cuisine anywhere in the world....ships do vary the order that they make the menus though to accomodate "formal nights", etc. Note:there was an exception once for lobsters on a Canada cruise, but I think that might be the only time they deviated from their fixed menus. Blu also has a vegetarian menu if you ask...and they have steak, chicken and fish available every night if you don't like what's on the menu..

We have travelled with "meat and potato" folks and vegetarians and they have generally been pleased with Blu.

The couple who were often seated at the table adjacent to mine ordered--and got--a cheese plate [with crackers and grapes] for dessert in Blu on several occasions... I do not recall if it was listed as a choice on the menu...