Where can you drink wine you bring.

Where are you allowed to drink the wine you are allowed to bring. Anywhere on the ship? In your room only?

I'm also curious about soda. If you can take it throughout the ship, can use your own thermal cup? I can't stand to drink from a can and the cups we are bringing to go to the beach will work good. I wasn't sure if it mattered that they couldn't see what's inside.

Thanks

Where are you allowed to drink the wine you are allowed to bring. Anywhere on the ship? In your room only?

I'm also curious about soda. If you can take it throughout the ship, can use your own thermal cup? I can't stand to drink from a can and the cups we are bringing to go to the beach will work good. I wasn't sure if it mattered that they couldn't see what's inside.

Thanks

I drink the wine at dinner, I uncork it before I leave and just take it with me. I also have a small popup cooler I keep it on ice. As for soda I have seen people take them in to the dinning rooms and to the pools. I just use the glasses in the room or from the bar.

and they dont charge corkage for bringing in the open bottle? i usually pour it out into solo cups and bring it in the dining room, but the open bottle would be much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just put the cork back in so it's not "open", I pour it into the water glasses or have them bring me wine glasses. but no cork fee

The corkage fee has nothing to do with whether the bottle is open or not. If you take the bottle into the MDR or steakhouse, they can charge you a fee for bringing in wine rather than buying from them. You can fill a glass and carry it into the MDR though. I do carry an insulated mug with me on deck ,etc with soda, teas, water, or whatever I choose to bring (sometimes there's wine in it).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks

Anywhere you like. They have no idea where you got it, nor do they care.

You can go to any bar and asked politely for empty wine glasses, and the bartenders will give them to you. This eliminates the need to take the water goblets from the room or to use plastic cups. You can then pour your glasses in the room and carry them with you wherever, including the MDR.

However, try not to be like the women I witnessed once who asked the bartender for 2 empty wine glasses. When the bartender asked her if she wanted red or white wine glasses, she got upset and yelled at him, "I said I just want EMPTY wine glasses."

and they dont charge corkage for bringing in the open bottle? i usually pour it out into solo cups and bring it in the dining room, but the open bottle would be much easier.

They can and will charge you a corkage fee when you bring in a bottle already opened--even if it has a screw cap. They don't always do this. It has been hit or miss for me.

I just pour a glass of wine in my room and bring it with me to dinner. If you go to any bar they will give you wine glasses to use. You can ask your steward to turn them over for you regularly too.

As a wine lover, putting wine in a solo cup is sacrilege. We had wine glasses in our cabin. We brought wine in open bottles to the DR and were never charged a corking charge

It seems that some of the people who complain about others smuggling liquor aboard the ship have no qualms about smuggling wine into areas where it is against the rules to do so?

I see no difference. Smuggling is smuggling and I do not claim innocence, just showing how some people can be a hypocrite when it comes to the subject.

It seems that some of the people who complain about others smuggling liquor aboard the ship have no qualms about smuggling wine into areas where it is against the rules to do so?

I see no difference. Smuggling is smuggling and I do not claim innocence, just showing how some people can be a hypocrite when it comes to the subject.

Where is smuggling mentioned in this thread?

Are you only supposed to drink your wine [emoji485] in your room?

Smuggling? Seriously?

You might be charged corkage for bringing bottle of wine into DR, depends upon MD.

However there is no reason you cannot bring wine you legally brought onto the ship where ever you would like.

What are you talking about? Smuggling into areas where it is against the rules to do so?

There are no specials rules about where you can and can't take your wine that you are allowed to bring on board. The only rule is that a full bottle may be charged a corkage fee. If you take a glass, that doesn't apply.

you are allowed to bring wine on board. What are you talking about? There are no restrictions where you can bring it.

This is the policy I was referring to:

The Fun Shops (pre-cruise orders)

All products sold containing alcohol have a limit of two products per booking (whether booked online or a telephone order). This includes alcohol, wine, champagne and beer. A ‘pack’ or ‘package’ is considered one product.

Alcohol pre-purchased through The Fun Shops for on board consumption is designed for in-stateroom entertainment only. Guests cannot take liquor bottles with them to public areas. Only wine or champagne that is ordered through The Fun Shops can be served in the dining room or Steakhouse.

You can go to any bar and asked politely for empty wine glasses, and the bartenders will give them to you. This eliminates the need to take the water goblets from the room or to use plastic cups. You can then pour your glasses in the room and carry them with you wherever, including the MDR.

However, try not to be like the women I witnessed once who asked the bartender for 2 empty wine glasses. When the bartender asked her if she wanted red or white wine glasses, she got upset and yelled at him, "I said I just want EMPTY wine glasses."

You can also request wine glasses from your steward. Ours made sure we had them during the cruise.

All products sold containing alcohol have a limit of two products per booking (whether booked online or a telephone order). This includes alcohol, wine, champagne and beer. A ‘pack’ or ‘package’ is considered one product.

Alcohol pre-purchased through The Fun Shops for on board consumption is designed for in-stateroom entertainment only. Guests cannot take liquor bottles with them to public areas. Only wine or champagne that is ordered through The Fun Shops can be served in the dining room or Steakhouse.

If you want to be completely technical, this rule applies to items purchased through fun shops NOT items on board.

It also states you may not take liquor bottles with you, not glasses of wine.

Technically speaking the wine you bring on board is supposed to be consumed in your stateroom, same for the bottles of liquor you can order from the fun shops. However they're really isn't a bottle police, but I wouldn't walk around drinking straight from the bottle of wine/liquor on open decks/lounges.

Stop by the bar and ask for X amount of wine glasses, open/pour it in your stateroom and take the glass where ever your please.

They are not serving me the glass of wine we bring to the DR.

I'm also curious about soda. If you can take it throughout the ship, can use your own thermal cup? I can't stand to drink from a can and the cups we are bringing to go to the beach will work good. I wasn't sure if it mattered that they couldn't see what's inside.Thanks

We stop by a bar and ask for 2 wine glasses. We use them for wine in our cabin. If we occasionally want to go up on deck with it who's going to say anything if it's in a ship's bar glass?

We always bring insulated glasses/mugs for everything from coffee to soft drinks with us on cruises. In all our cruises we've never been questioned about what's in them.