Which Way Does My Bed Face?

ash&geoff

Ok, weird question coming but I'm wondering if there's a way to know which way our bed faces? My husband likes to have the bed facing forward - the same way that the ship is moving so that our feet are facing the front of the ship. This is not in any way a big deal but just one of those little things I was wondering about. I've never really seen anything that would help me determine this and my PVP has no idea either.

Thanks!

Ok, weird question coming but I'm wondering if there's a way to know which way our bed faces? My husband likes to have the bed facing forward - the same way that the ship is moving so that our feet are facing the front of the ship. This is not in any way a big deal but just one of those little things I was wondering about. I've never really seen anything that would help me determine this and my PVP has no idea either.

Thanks!

I can only speak for balcony or oceanview cabins:

Look at a deck plan of your ship and find the cabin you want.

See which wall the door is nearest to - forward or aft.

The head of the bed will normally be against the opposite wall.

Edited by summersigh

Looking at the deck plans for the Pride (My next cruise), it looks like the deck plans show the door in the middle. I know this isn't true, just don't know if you can decipher that info from the deckplans.

Thanks!

They pretty much all face up. But there was one time we experienced one of those tilts, and both bed started heading for the door before the ship righted itself.

I'm not sure how you could find our ahead of time, but for what is worth on our last cruise my SO wanted the bed to face the opposite direction because of the way the the ship was moving and we just moved the bed around ourselves... the room steward didn't care and just made it up that way for the rest of the trip.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I don't understand this. Can you explain please?

I'm the same way, like the bed a certain way. I joined cruisedeckplans.com and they have pictures of various cabins. I look at the closest one and then knowing the beds are opposite in each cabin count to my cabin.

About the only thing you can tell definitively from the generic floor plan pictures is whether you have head/foot to bow or side/side to bow. You can't rely on anything but an actual photo of the exact cabin to know whether its head OR foot. If you go to a website called cruiselinerooms you can possibly find an exact photo of your cabin.

I have never felt a difference from head or foot facing fwd but you CAN tell a big difference if you have your side facing fwd/aft. Its horrible rocking from head to foot. This happens in mostly inside cabins but we have been in an L shaped balcony that had this arrangement. For insides, just spin the bed around if this affects you.

Do a google image search you find you cabin or one that is in the class of ships you are sailing. You can also check out the floor plan to determine where the bathroom is located and the head of the bed will be on that side unless you booked a special cabin.

What ship and room have you booked or are intending to book?

OP, I am a crazy one like your husband.....I like my room facing the say way as your husband but for a different reason....I like the vanity/desk facing forward with the bow so when I blow dry my hair and the ship is moving (i.e., sea day) I am facing 'forward'. We like balcony cabins and I love seeing the water when in the water, but get motion sickness if moving 'backwards'.....I know, call me 'nuts'....LOL!

But here is what I found, if you look at the layout and where the 'connecting' cabins are (they are indicated with a 'white triangular wedge' between cabins)the wall with that indicator is the door/vanity/desk wall, the bed is always opposite that wall...... so count backwards or forwards every other cabin from that wall (as cabins are flipped/opposite every other cabin)....and viola, you can figure out which way or the wall that the bed is on. It has been 100% correct with all my cabin choices.....and I like the bed facing the same way as your husband!!! :D:D

Thanks!

We're on the Magic, room #12016! Thanks everyone!

The bed in cabin 12016 has the head against the forward wall of the cabin, and the foot of the bed facing the aft of the ship.

Cabins 12016 and 12014 have connecting balconies (not connecting rooms, but balconies), and the head of the bed in rooms that have connecting balconies are against the wall they have in common. This facilitates leaving the balcony partition open since it will partially cover a window and not a door.

While not the same ship, as a group our family stayed in rooms 12006, 12010, 12014 and 12016 on the Breeze and that is the way 12016 was set up.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Rod in Az

Ive only had inside rooms, but I've had the beds facing in several different ways. With the beds together, I've had the bed parallel to the desk or had the foot of the bed facing the desk & hallway. These rooms were shaped the same so I assume it was up to how the steward arranged them.

On Sensation in January my desk was on the forward side of the room & they had by bed parallel to the desk with the foot closest to it so I was facing forward. On Splendor this month my desk was towards the aft side & the bed faced towards it with to foot near the desk. I hope that makes sense.