Speciality restaurant reservations

ranchette

You can do it either way. It is very easy to do it online through your MyNCL page. The key is the days until you sail. Regular cabins bookings can make reservations 90 days before you sail and those in suites can do so 100 days prior.

You can do it either way. It is very easy to do it online through your MyNCL page. The key is the days until you sail. Regular cabins bookings can make reservations 90 days before you sail and those in suites can do so 100 days prior.

Thanks for your reply where on the myncl page can you book the restaurants

Add on question - we have a 4 SDP as one of the booking perks. We didn't plan on making reservations ahead, were going to just play it by ear and make same day reservations or walk in. With so many people having SDP now, is that a problem? We don't have any issue with taking a buzzer for 15-30 minutes, but wouldn't want to wait for hours.

If you want prime time dining in popular restaurants like Teppanyaki or Cagneys, you need reservations. You can walk in around 9:00-9:30. They will sell out on line quickly, so book at the 90 day pre-cruise date

While SDPs contribute to reservation shortages, it is more that many people feel like they want to eat at specialty restaurants. Pure demand.

Edited by BirdTravels

Add on question - we have a 4 SDP as one of the booking perks. We didn't plan on making reservations ahead, were going to just play it by ear and make same day reservations or walk in. With so many people having SDP now, is that a problem? We don't have any issue with taking a buzzer for 15-30 minutes, but wouldn't want to wait for hours.

They don't give buzzer for SDP restaurants. Host/hostess will instead tell you when next opening is and reserve it for you.

Availability depends on size of ship for number of passengers and on what time you like to eat. Last April we were on the Jade transatlantic and did not make reservations online. No problem the first three or four days getting seating time we wanted (anything between 5:30 & 6:30pm). But as days went on the times filled up. After the first week we made future reservations and even then were lucky if the earlist time was available was 7:30pm since earlier times were all booked in Le Bistro, Cagneys, and even La Cucina. Often the first available was 8pm.

So this time for our transatlantic leaving end of this month I booked online as soon as reservations opened up so we could be assured of early seating.

If you like dining at 8pm you probably can do same day, or walk-up.

• 3 months later...

We have 2 Cabins..Both with 2 people in each and both with a 3 Night Dining package.

If we would like to make reservations for all 4 people together is it just best for 1 cabin to make a reservation for 4? I'm worried if we reserve them as 2 and 2 we wont be seated together.

Thanks

We have 2 Cabins..Both with 2 people in each and both with a 3 Night Dining package.

If we would like to make reservations for all 4 people together is it just best for 1 cabin to make a reservation for 4? I'm worried if we reserve them as 2 and 2 we wont be seated together.

Thanks

Yes, one person should make the reservation for 4.

ranchette, I just got off the Epic this last Sat. My advice to you is to make those reservations quickly if you like to dine between 5 and 9 pm. I got this cruise 6 days before sailing. The only times avail for me were after 9pm. We eat late normally so that time wasn't a problem. HOWEVER if you want to go to any of the shows I suggest you make the reservations ASAP.

ranchette, I just got off the Epic this last Sat. My advice to you is to make those reservations quickly if you like to dine between 5 and 9 pm. I got this cruise 6 days before sailing. The only times avail for me were after 9pm. We eat late normally so that time wasn't a problem. HOWEVER if you want to go to any of the shows I suggest you make the reservations ASAP.

Thank you for your reply I have already made the reservations

Thanks again!!