Celebrity Choice air canadian departures When to book

sea_loving_couple

Is it normal for flights to disappear from choice air? I am stuck getting a different flight as the flight I looked at two weeks ago that seemed perfect and worked best for us disappeared and I now only have 1 flight option out of a previous 6.

I am assuming 5 flights didn't book up is it normal for flights to get cancelled? There is a massive price difference now from what I previously looked at. Our last cruise we booked a week before the cruise and it wasn't that expensive.

Flying out of TO to Ft Lauderdale in Dec.

What is your strategy for booking flights. It seemed everything got drastically more expensive once final payment went in. But I did not want to book a non-refundable flight before my cruise final payment and now I feel like I have been penalized for it.

If you are talking about flying in less than 2 months, those flights that disappeared probably have sold all the seats Choice Air has. You can probably still book directly with the airline.

December is popular in Florida. The fares go up because of demand.

Flights get canceled, but not usually at this stage. And not 5 of 6, to a given airport on a given day.

The airlines don't hold seats just so you can book last minute at the cheapest possible price. Our strategy is NOT to wait until the last minute for airfares, for the exact reasons you are experiencing. Flights fill, fares go up.

Edited by CruiserBruce

In our experience, yes. The routes can change, the prices change, and some disappear completely. I suspect this is not Celebrity but rather changes made by the airlines to pricing, routing etc.

What we really like about Celebrity/RCI Air is the flexibilty. Typically good choice of airlines, fares, etc plus the ability to do one ways and flights to an alternate destination of your home airport.

Edited by iancal

Hi there

Have you looked at possible flights out of Niagara Falls airport, or Buffalo. You might find prices much lower.

We almost always look at flights leaving from Detroit going to Florida and they are usually hundreds $, less than flying out of Toronto.

have a great cruise

Edited by Nic6318

Hi there

Have you looked at possible flights out of Niagara Falls airport, or Buffalo. You might find prices much lower.

We almost always look at flights leaving from Detroit going to Florida and they are usually hundreds $, less than flying out of Toronto.

have a great cruise

Sometimes not that much cheaper when you factor in a hotel in BUF

You might be driving in a snow storm to get there :D

depends on where the OP has to drive from

jmo

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this whole stress was caused by a glitch I think with the choiceair flights. a few flights were removed for a few days but the flight that I wanted came back and I was able to book it. I think price difference was like 50$ more then what I previously saw. I get to go out of TO instead of BUF as well which is a bonus.

Our experience is that prices and availability fluctuate just as they do if you look at air fares on the web.

We always look at cruise air have seldom buy it. We find that we can do just as well, and often better, making our own arrangements.

We follow the same rule on cruise air as we do on air in general. We get an understanding of the fare, decide on a target price. When the price hits we buy immediately. There are undoubtedly people on the flight who have paid more, and some less. Key thing for us is getting a flight at the right price for us. That has occurred anywhere from two months out to ten days out from departure date. Just depends on airline supply and demand. We also try dates prior to and after our planned dates. More than once we have saved enough on an air fare by going a day early or later to pay for our hotel room and extra day of vacation.

Edited by iancal