Which Ships are Pushing the Once a Day Room Servicing?

MCFTJCH2V

Missing the correlation, lets are hourly wage, since you tied it to earnings and salary. Show me when the minimum wage last went down. Lastly, Carnival has published where tip distribution goes long ago and has been quoted to death here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Prior to the last increase, Carnival published the tip distribution. But, when they increased tips, they rewrote the FAQ and no longer provide the breakdown. If you can find a current breakdown of tip distribution, please share it.

This happened at the same time as the "comfort matters" test program and the reports from stewards that they have more cabins. I am not a conspiracy theorist who believes that Carnival is simply pocketing the difference, but I do question whether the distribution has changed and perhaps expanded to more types of employees.

Prior to the last increase, Carnival published the tip distribution. But, when they increased tips, they rewrote the FAQ and no longer provide the breakdown. If you can find a current breakdown of tip distribution, please share it.

This happened at the same time as the "comfort matters" test program and the reports from stewards that they have more cabins. I am not a conspiracy theorist who believes that Carnival is simply pocketing the difference, but I do question whether the distribution has changed and perhaps expanded to more types of employees.

I would have no idea if it has changed or whether they added or deleted people to the distribution. Frankly, when they first changed it, it did not make an impact to me or change my view of tipping.

I would have no idea if it has changed or whether they added or deleted people to the distribution. Frankly, when they first changed it, it did not make an impact to me or change my view of tipping.

It hasn't changed my view of tipping either but if I do have to make an adjustment I would like to know who is getting what so I can make an educated proportional adjustment (so if my issue was with the wait staff I could adjust that portion of the gratuity without affecting the amount for the steward, etc.). The way that it is now I would have to guess and I don't like doing that.

It hasn't changed my view of tipping either but if I do have to make an adjustment I would like to know who is getting what so I can make an educated proportional adjustment (so if my issue was with the wait staff I could adjust that portion of the gratuity without affecting the amount for the steward, etc.). The way that it is now I would have to guess and I don't like doing that.

Don't know what the big secret is suddenly, but I'm just gonna go with the old rates until someone does, and advise others to do the same that ask, here and on all the social media cruise pages.

Seems someone wants to take tipping control out of our hands. I for one won't stand for it. Putting a middle man anywhere between my money and the person it's intended for just opens up all possibilities for corruption.

Don't know what the big secret is suddenly, but I'm just gonna go with the old rates until someone does, and advise others to do the same that ask, here and on all the social media cruise pages.

Seems someone wants to take tipping control out of our hands. I for one won't stand for it. Putting a middle man anywhere between my money and the person it's intended for just opens up all possibilities for corruption.

Corruption is a fairly strong word to use.....

Sent from my iPhone

Yes, I would use the old amount (if it came to it of course, we have never received service anywhere that was so substandard that a tip needed to be adjusted). Once I've left the tip anywhere what happens to it is beyond my control and since most of my tips (ashore in any case) are on a credit card there will almost always be a middle man.

It's not going to change my view of tipping as being part of the cost of cruising, or cause me to remove my tips. I just think it's relevant to the discussion whether stewards are actually being given many more cabins to service without seeing a big increase in their tip proceeds. I don't want stewards to be blamed or called liars if there has been a policy change that is out of their control. And this information is useful for guests who want to reduce certain tips for really poor service, make sure a hardworking staff member is appropriately rewarded, or hand out tips in cash.

If more people have been added to the distribution, that wouldn't constitute "corruption," just a change in policy. It wouldn't make anything in Carnival's FAQ about tipping false because it is currently very vague.

A few increases ago we found out we would now be tipping entertainment dept and guest services.

Would be nice to know who gets tips now.

Missing the correlation, lets are hourly wage, since you tied it to earnings and salary. Show me when the minimum wage last went down. Lastly, Carnival has published where tip distribution goes long ago and has been quoted to death here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually, I haven't seen a tip distribution list since the tips went to $12.95. Do you happen to have one handy to post?

Just curious if you ever use a credit/debit card at a restaurant? If so I assume you tip with that card thus making the restaurant a middle man. Same concept as what happens on cruise ships.

Just curious if you ever use a credit/debit card at a restaurant? If so I assume you tip with that card thus making the restaurant a middle man. Same concept as what happens on cruise ships.

Nope. If we pay by card, we tip in cash. Know too many people, even relatives, that get screwed if you tip on the card.

Even on the ship, if you want to tip your bartender extra, if you put it on the card, they have to split it in the pool. If you tip them in cash, they keep 100% of it.

Edited by Je Souhaite

Actually, I haven't seen a tip distribution list since the tips went to $12.95. Do you happen to have one handy to post?

They neglected to publicize so not possible to post.

PRIOR to latest increase the most recent I can find is $3.90 per person per day for cabin stewards for twice a day service.

One can only assume some portion of the increased daily charge was earmarked for cabin stewards.

PRIOR to latest increase the most recent I can find is $3.90 per person per day for cabin stewards for twice a day service.

One can only assume some portion of the increased daily charge was earmarked for cabin stewards.

I cannot recall whether they stated where the increase was to go when they announced it.

ok...... which might account for the change (potentially interim) from the Carnival FAQ on where tips go.

Thank you jimbo. All we know right now is that $3.90 per person per day used to be earmarked for twice a day cabin service.

Care to guess at the amount per person per day they are currently allocating for once a day service?

Nope. If we pay by card, we tip in cash. Know too many people, even relatives, that get screwed if you tip on the card.

Even on the ship, if you want to tip your bartender extra, if you put it on the card, they have to split it in the pool. If you tip them in cash, they keep 100% of it.

If there is a pool then they are required to put any cash tips into the pool. If they don't then they face the wrath of their fellow employees. In any event once I've left the tip my obligation is over, if the employer is doing something improper then it's up the employees to rectify it.

Thank you jimbo. All we know right now is that $3.90 per person per day used to be earmarked for twice a day cabin service.

Care to guess at the amount per person per day they are currently allocating for once a day service?

So I am guessing you don't think it should be $3.90......;)

We were on the Dream a few weeks ago, and were asked by our Room Steward if we preferred AM or evening service. I asked how many staterooms they had to service and they told me 35. I am not sure how the gratuities are now distributed, but I initially selected evening service. A few days into the cruise, I found myself making our bed in the AM and asked if we could have twice daily service. We were accomodated.

We were on the Dream a few weeks ago, and were asked by our Room Steward if we preferred AM or evening service. I asked how many staterooms they had to service and they told me 35. I am not sure how the gratuities are now distributed, but I initially selected evening service. A few days into the cruise, I found myself making our bed in the AM and asked if we could have twice daily service. We were accomodated.

LOL, I thought you were going to say he hired you to help....:D Glad it worked out, probably as the beards intended it to.

So we're guessing about $4 a day then, per person.

At least it makes the math easy, if needed. ;)

Edited by Computer Nerd