Carnival best loyalty program?

grneal

Not mentioned below, but we know from experience, RC also gives double points when you book a full suite and you get the following if you book the following suites*:

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

† Beginning May 2016, guests sailing in a suite aboard Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas or Quantum of the Seas will enjoy new benefits, visit Royal Suite Class to learn more.

• Priority check-in
  • Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships
  • Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available
  • Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)
  • VIP pool deck seating, where available
  • Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining
  • Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships
  • Complimentary luggage valet service
  • Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard
  • Complimentary pressing service on formal night
  • Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Not mentioned below, but we know from experience, RC also gives double points when you book a full suite and you get the following if you book the following suites*:

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

† Beginning May 2016, guests sailing in a suite aboard Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas or Quantum of the Seas will enjoy new benefits, visit Royal Suite Class to learn more.

• Priority check-in
  • Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships
  • Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available
  • Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)
  • VIP pool deck seating, where available
  • Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining
  • Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships
  • Complimentary luggage valet service
  • Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard
  • Complimentary pressing service on formal night
  • Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Curious, how much do the suites (top of the line) cost on a Royal ship?

It varies. It's a lot like booking a hotel room where you will have different prices depending on the hotel, size and location of the room within the hotel, location of the hotel, and time of year.

For example, the smallest full suite (one that has all the perks) is called a Grand Suite. If you book during the off season the price will be a lot lower than during peak season such as a cruise that includes a major holiday. We have cruised in Grand Suites and Owners Suites during different times of the year, but nothing larger than those. These are very nice suites, but are not considered "top of the line" even though we enjoy all the same perks as those who cruise in the larger suites. We discovered through experience, that the sizes of these two categories of suites and balconies varies from ship to ship.

The best way to see the price would be to do a dummy booking and price comparison on the RC website between the different classes of ships and top of the line suites on the ship you might be interested in.

Hope this answers your question. Happy cruising wherever you go next.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Out of curiosity, I priced the accessible Crown Loft Suite on Allure a while back and it was a cool 10 grand for two people :eek: This wasnt during peak times either. Just looked again and its around 7500 once you add in grats and taxes for two for next May.

Out of curiosity, I priced the accessible Crown Loft Suite on Allure a while back and it was a cool 10 grand for two people :eek: This wasnt during peak times either. Just looked again and its around 7500 once you add in grats and taxes for two for next May.

Yes, that is really a significant difference. We might try one of the mega ships if we start cruising for the ship instead of the destination. :D

Edited by JimAOk1945

I sail between RCI and CCL and I like Royal Caribbean's loyalty program a bit more. I like the balcony discounts, and priority check in before you reach top tier. I am never going to reach Pinnacle on RCI, but I am having a lot of fun trying.

I agree. I was checking out Carnival's program for the first time a few days ago, having just done my first cruise with them. What I now know of Carnival, and what I know of the 6 lines I've sailed, I'd say RCI and Celebrity have the best programs. But that's just my preference...mostly due to the balcony discounts, and Concierge and Diamond lounges. The free drinks every night are nice and I really like that free self-serve cappuccino machine on RCI.

And Diamond is basically a Platinum Plus since the perks are basically the same except for a couple of one time perks and a Diamond event. There should be a larger difference between Platinum at 75 days and Diamond at 200 days.

You do have the Milestone cruises in between.

I agree. I was checking out Carnival's program for the first time a few days ago, having just done my first cruise with them. What I now know of Carnival, and what I know of the 6 lines I've sailed, I'd say RCI and Celebrity have the best programs. But that's just my preference...mostly due to the balcony discounts, and Concierge and Diamond lounges. The free drinks every night are nice and I really like that free self-serve cappuccino machine on RCI.

I would have to agree that the diamond lounge is a nice perk. When we sailed on the Oasis, my son in law brought me in several times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that Junior Suites also get the double points. We cruised in a Junior Suite on Navigator of the Seas. It was nice, but we prefer the "full suites."

We haven't cruised on Celebrity yet, but plan to in the future. It's nice that we will have reciprocal points. :D