Can I transfer my reservation back to RCCL

acbat1

So I usually do my own travel planning. Never used a TA. We booked on board the Oasis last month and decided to see if we could get some perks from a TA to transfer the booking. No one was really offering anything worth the trouble of transfer until one offered $200 OBC and two specialty dining packages. She also never said a word about having to pay an additional $500 toward our deposit since we had a reduced deposit for booking on board. So we transferred the booking to her. Then she sends the email okay we need $500 more toward deposit and opps because you booked in September we can't give you the dining package and the OBC is just $100.

I just want my reservation back in RCCL hands. And yes I checked reviews for this agency and BBB and they have an A+. I am so disappointed. So how do I get my reservations out of this woman's hands?

Did you pay the additional $500 deposit and get a confirmation from Royal that the transfer has indeed been completed ?

If so, I would call TA & demand they release your booking back to Royal as they are not giving you what was quoted - I have run into some TA's that will try to "bully" clients but you have to stand your ground & be firm or go over their head if there is a "chain of command", if you get nowhere with TA call Royal directly to see if they can assist, usually they will say they can't and TA has to release but never hurts to talk to a supervisor & plead your case.

Edited by TLC535

You have to get the TA to agree to release it and have RCI take it back.

She just sent a email to agencyChanges@rccl.com releasing the reservation. I think she knew she screwed up by making the benefits offer in writing and didn't want me talking to her manager.

Should I wait until Monday to verify that RCCL accepted back? Is it possible they would say no to taking it back?

To the people in that other thread who couldn't seem to understand how you give up control of your booking when you use a TA ... SEE ABOVE :)

Not all travel agents are equal, you just have to find a good one. The same can be said about the ones you talk to when you cal the cruise line. There have been many posts from people who called them and couldn't get the answer they were expecting. By far, the number one response is "call back and talk to someone else". Some of them don't know what their doing and some do. You are looking for whichever one who will give you the answer you want.

I give up control of my booking every time (those are your words not mine) for the right price. I just did it Tuesday and received an extra refundable $500 obc on a B2b (2 seven day cruises) on Celebrity. Oh, and this morning I changed cabins. The category is sold out so I doubt that they'll be any price reductions I have to worry about.

Maybe she chose poorly. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Sounds like it.

I'm too much of a control freak to use a TA although I'm not totally opposed to it if I had the right one. The way I look at is that the most the could possibly give you back is their entire commission which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 9-12% of the base fare.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not all travel agents are equal, you just have to find a good one. The same can be said about the ones you talk to when you cal the cruise line. There have been many posts from people who called them and couldn't get the answer they were expecting. By far, the number one response is "call back and talk to someone else". Some of them don't know what their doing and some do. You are looking for whichever one who will give you the answer you want.

I give up control of my booking every time (those are your words not mine) for the right price. I just did it Tuesday and received an extra refundable $500 obc on a B2b (2 seven day cruises) on Celebrity. Oh, and this morning I changed cabins. The category is sold out so I doubt that they'll be any price reductions I have to worry about.

I look at the people who answer the phone at Royal as customer service people and not in-house TAs. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

She just sent a email to agencyChanges@rccl.com releasing the reservation. I think she knew she screwed up by making the benefits offer in writing and didn't want me talking to her manager.

Should I wait until Monday to verify that RCCL accepted back? Is it possible they would say no to taking it back?

Send the email to agencychanges@rccl.com like above said. I had an issue with my TA where I couldn't get a hold of him for over two weeks, within a few days of sending the email I was able to transfer it to RC. They're cruise planners have been wonderful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...

just recently had a HORRIBLE experience with a TA. I had already made my booking and was looking at videos to check out the Carnival Vista that we would be sailing on and this travel agency had a pretty good synopsis of the ship. Throughout the video the guy kept saying how they saved their customers thousands of dollars - while I wouldn't necessarily expect that on a couple thousand dollar booking I figured it wouldn't hurt to check them out. being a TA newbie I had no idea what to expect but it wasn't what I ended up with. The woman I spoke to came across friendly if somewhat pushy - told me she could get me $30 extra onboard credit which ok "free money" but not anywhere near what the guy in the video made it seem like they would give. I asked if I would still be able to make payments online or if I called them in and she said sure just to make sure I called her when I made the final payment so they could be sure to do the obc. Well I proceed to make a payment on the booking online maybe a week or so later and discover I can see NOTHING in the billing section - not my balance, not anywhere that I can add the travel insurance, no way to make a payment anywhere so I call Carnival directly and discover the confirmation information is also now changed. Said TA informed me of none of this, And when she got wind that I tried to make a payment on my own she somewhat pushily informed me that I had to call her to make payments when that wasn't what she told me previously. Another week goes by and I call Carnival to ask them why I can't see anything in the billing section of my booking and they tell me its because the TA now has control and they can't touch it or really even tell me anything about it and I have to talk to the TA. Ok ok I get that thats their job to handle my booking but I'm the sort of person that likes to handle as much of this type of thing myself - and the more I tried to ask the TA anything the more it seemed like she didnt want to answer my questions - especially when I asked about what it would take to transfer my booking back to Carnival - she just didnt even answer and said she'd be willing to give me $100 more onboard credit to keep my business. At this point its not even about the money - I kept asking how or if I could get my booking transferred back and all she could say in a snooty tone was that "then you won't get my $100". That sealed it for me - I insisted she transfer my booking back - we'll see if she really did here in the next week or so. Sorry for the long rant but all that to say I'm sure there are good TA's out there but surely do some research beforehand. I'm sure I bear some responsibility in this but at the same time wish someone had given me some clue as to what all was involved with having an agency take over your vacation. I just know I will never do business with that particular company again, and in fact warned a couple friends who were also planning to sail with us off from using them as well, especially after the woman kept hounding me as to why one of the friends hadn't called her yet. Ugh.