Military OBC

mllewis48

Just an observation after our 1st Princess cruise, other than the fact that it was a great cruise on the Regal and my only complaint was the bath towels were too rough, lol, was that Princess offers OBC for Active, Retired, and Veteran Military members. Having cruised HAL for many years I was blown away when asked if I was a Veteran and that I would be getting the credit. The OBC is similar to CCL in amount. Plus I found their methods for submitting for both Military and CCL credits much easier, using prepared forms. Might be nice if HAL followed suit. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that would be nice. Since they are all owned by Carnival Corp. It would be nice. Might have to give some serious thought of sailing with Princess.

Allan

Allan, we have enjoyed the several cruises we've taken with Princess. The military service OBC is very generous and it's nice how Princess keeps it on file in their records so you don't have to ask for it each booking. They automatically provide it on each subsequent booking once you've sent documentation.

I understand one of the former chiefs of Princess was a military veteran and decided to do this as a way of saying thanks to all of us who have served.

They've been doing it for a long time and it hasn't caught on with the rest of CCL, so my guess is they won't be expanding the favor any time soon.

Just an observation after our 1st Princess cruise, other than the fact that it was a great cruise on the Regal and my only complaint was the bath towels were too rough, lol, was that Princess offers OBC for Active, Retired, and Veteran Military members. Having cruised HAL for many years I was blown away when asked if I was a Veteran and that I would be getting the credit. The OBC is similar to CCL in amount. Plus I found their methods for submitting for both Military and CCL credits much easier, using prepared forms. Might be nice if HAL followed suit. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send HAL an email and ask - cannot hurt.